News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Florida "Dinosaur" Video

Started by triceratops83, April 19, 2021, 09:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

The news this morning is reporting a video a woman in Florida took showing something running through her yard which she proposes is a small dinosaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCOALqlJl0
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Aww, look at that Goldie with his leash, running happily through the Garden. Florida Woman must be married to Florida Man. What an exiting life they have.

irimali

Halichoeres

Who among us hasn't mistaken a small dog for a dinosaur?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

To be fair, that is a decently convincing illusion on the video. I certainly can't pick out a dog.

Pretty big jump from "weird bipedal looking animal" to "baby dinosaur" though.

Halichoeres

Yeah, it took me a second to see a dog. My first thought was egret, but...I don't think egrets move like that.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 20, 2021, 07:02:22 PM
Yeah, it took me a second to see a dog. My first thought was egret, but...I don't think egrets move like that.
I was thinking a turkey.

Gwangi

It looks to me like some type of mammal, like a dog or fox. When reading the headline I was expecting a bird or large lizard, maybe a basilisk or tegu.  A bird would have been ironic but I'm fairly convinced that it is at least a mammal.

stoneage

Halichoeres

ITdactyl

Heh... this "news" has been taken up by SEA outlets.
'Funny that dinosaur springs to people's minds and not a local animal or even a cryptid.

Gwangi

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 21, 2021, 04:41:08 PM
Heh... this "news" has been taken up by SEA outlets.
'Funny that dinosaur springs to people's minds and not a local animal or even a cryptid.

That's usually what happens, unfortunately, such is the disconnect between people and nature. Some mundane or common local animal gets misidentified as something completely bonkers. And that's how cryptids are born. The Flatwoods Monster and Mothman for example, almost certainly owls. The Montauk Monster from several years ago, nothing more than a waterlogged raccoon corpse.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.