News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Clear support stand for ANY figure

Started by Concavenator, May 19, 2021, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

My Eofauna Giganotosaurus has been having stability issues since last year. I would be interested in getting a clear support stand similar to those PNSO includes with their bipedal figures so I could use it as a support. Any reccomendations? I saw someone use one for a PNSO Corythosaurus, but I looked up for it and that stand is sold for 18,30€ on Aliexpress. I would like to pay less. Can PNSO's clear stands be bought individually anywhere, and is there any of them that works for the Eofauna Giganotosaurus?

I currently have it perched on a Schleich Mopane and I'd prefer it if it could stand without it and not having it against the wall either  :-\

Bread

Ask a seller (Model Toy Center or My Online Toy Store) the next time you order a PNSO figure to include an extra clear rod/stand. If this does not work, there are cheaper stands on Aliexpress I bet you could find. Although they may be the articulated stands and not the stiff ones from PNSO.

Lanthanotus

Tried BluTack? Works for mine and is basically invisible.

ceratopsian

I use this successfully on small models - but I found it's not quite enough for something substantial.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 19, 2021, 05:11:13 PM

Lanthanotus

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 19, 2021, 07:51:34 PM
I use this successfully on small models - but I found it's not quite enough for something substantial.

It holds my Eofauna Giganotosaurus in place on a cork surface since one and a half years, but I have to admit it is not BluTack but the variant available in Germany, by UHU, though I guess it does not make a big difference.

ceratopsian

That is a good result. Perhaps I need a larger piece of BluTack.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 19, 2021, 08:28:14 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 19, 2021, 07:51:34 PM

It holds my Eofauna Giganotosaurus in place on a cork surface since one and a half years, but I have to admit it is not BluTack but the variant available in Germany, by UHU, though I guess it does not make a big difference.

Concavenator

Quote from: Bread on May 19, 2021, 04:57:21 PM
Ask a seller (Model Toy Center or My Online Toy Store) the next time you order a PNSO figure to include an extra clear rod/stand. If this does not work, there are cheaper stands on Aliexpress I bet you could find. Although they may be the articulated stands and not the stiff ones from PNSO.

Do you think the sellers are fine with that? If so, then maybe I could try that out. Would you have to pay a bit more for it? I have just noticed the support stand that was included with my PNSO Qianzhousaurus works for it.

I have searched for this, but all I've found is some sort of glue  ??? I don't understand how this works.

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2021, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 19, 2021, 04:57:21 PM

Do you think the sellers are fine with that? If so, then maybe I could try that out. Would you have to pay a bit more for it? I have just noticed the support stand that was included with my PNSO Qianzhousaurus works for it.

My Qianzhousaurus actually came without a stand, so when I placed my next order at My Online Toy Store they included an extra stand for me. Just send them a message before you place your next order and they will probably offer you the same.
But today, I'm just being father

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Concavenator
/quote]
I have searched for this, but all I've found is some sort of glue  ??? I don't understand how this works.

Its a removable, chewing-gum-like mass, that serves to fix posters or so to a wall and being removed leaving no traces. I use a bit of those under each foot of my Eofauna Giga (and other figures) to fix them to the surface. As of yet I can not observe any damages to the paint or material of those figures.

Concavenator

In the end, I have given the clear stand of my PNSO Qianzhosaurus to my Eofauna Giganotosaurus, and now the Giga can stand with its help...unlike the poor Qianzhosaurus which can't stand now that it's lost that support haha. Now it's standing with its (long) snout on the wall.

avatar_SRF @SRF In that case, I think I'll ask them for another Qianzhosaurus support if I end up ordering something from them.