News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which giga is more worth it?

Started by Lynx, April 19, 2021, 11:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

So currently there are to giganotosaurus figures I am quite intrested in: The Eofauna giga and the W-Dragon giga. But my question is, which is worth it?
An oversized house cat.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It depends what you're interested in. I like the Eofauna is it looks like an actual Giganotosaurus, and is a nice figure  well scaled.
I do not like the W Dragon at all, it looks like a zombie dinosaur with skin missing from its face, though I don't mind some other monstrous looking figures, I would always choose the real one anyway. But this is a case where I don't even like the monstrous one so its one of the easiest passes I have ever had. But if you really like the look of it, its up to you  all personal taste.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

I think Eofauna is more my budget anyhow. 31 dollars for that master piece? Yes please! Imo I don't think the W Dragon should be that whopping 81 dollars. Plus, I could buy the triceratops as well and still have only spent 57 dollars. I think I will be purchasing from Eofauna for this dino.
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Good decision. It's not for nothing that Eofauna's Giganotosaurus is leading our ongoing Top 10 Allosauroid poll.

Halichoeres

Agreed, EoFauna is the best all-round.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

While it looks like you've already taken your pick, I figured I would mention that the Eofauna is probably the most true to the fossil record one out on the market right now, while the W-Dragon one appears to be based on the Capcom 2000 Dino Crisis 2 video game one (in case anyone is wondering).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Eofauna, 100%. W-Dragon is overpriced.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Syndicate Bias

Depends on what you're looking for. Eofauna's is great but has a pretty basic paint application and is more or less a toy with that being said.

W Dragon's has less accuracy but packs alot more detail and paint application quality. I am assuming that based on your question that the different values of both figures is of no bother so I won't put any pricing opinions of either model.

It's up to you but if you haven't already do look at Nanmu's as well it is of better quality and far larger although it has some innacuracies it is in the middle of the two.

My biggest gripe on Eofauna's is the toothless design and one colour flesh application in the mouth but it is still a great model. Still has my favourite proportions plus the long tail that so many others lack.

W Dragons is at the end of the day a Giga that was 90% taken from the Dino Crisis 2 video game that released in 2000 on ps1. Only if you're into higher end details and all that and can ignore the fact that it's not the animal it is portraying then yea. I got mine because the Giganotosaurus in Dino Crisis 2 was what got me into the dinosaur at an early age so it is symbolic to me at the very least.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 21, 2021, 02:03:28 AM
Depends on what you're looking for. Eofauna's is great but has a pretty basic paint application and is more or less a toy with that being said.

W Dragon's has less accuracy but packs alot more detail and paint application quality. I am assuming that based on your question that the different values of both figures is of no bother so I won't put any pricing opinions of either model.

It's up to you but if you haven't already do look at Nanmu's as well it is of better quality and far larger although it has some innacuracies it is in the middle of the two.

My biggest gripe on Eofauna's is the toothless design and one colour flesh application in the mouth but it is still a great model. Still has my favourite proportions plus the long tail that so many others lack.

W Dragons is at the end of the day a Giga that was 90% taken from the Dino Crisis 2 video game that released in 2000 on ps1. Only if you're into higher end details and all that and can ignore the fact that it's not the animal it is portraying then yea. I got mine because the Giganotosaurus in Dino Crisis 2 was what got me into the dinosaur at an early age so it is symbolic to me at the very least.
What? The EoFauna Giga has teeth...
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 26, 2021, 11:07:38 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 21, 2021, 02:03:28 AM

What? The EoFauna Giga has teeth...
Also, hardly "more or less a toy."

Shonisaurus

My favorite scientific giganotosaurus Eofauna and then the one from Safari and the one from Vitae.

My favorite non-scientific giganotosaurus to date is Nanmu's by far.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.