News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sbabam - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, February 25, 2021, 12:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Following up last year's inaptly named "Predators of the Jurassic" series, the even more inaptly named "Predators of the Jurassic 2":

Helicoprion (another one for your list avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 )
Elasmosaurus
megalodon
Onchopristis
Archelon
Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Velociraptor
Spinosaurus
Sarcosuchus
Tyrannosaurus
Anhanguera
Pteranodon ("pterodactyl")
Many of these are repaints of previous releases, although the Anhanguera at least looks new to me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

That onchopristis is something else. Literally.

I didn't follow up here! I did get the hyaenodon and dinocrocuta, and they stand surprisingly well. Wiggly, but upright.

And least kind of look right. Unlike a lot of their models

https://twitter.com/FaunaFigures/status/1385636814749270016?s=19

stargatedalek

Those pterosaurs and Helicoprion aren't half bad for what they are, shockingly.

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 28, 2021, 03:49:14 AM

It's often a relative thing with these Italian soft and squishy figures; some aren't bad, others are pretty atrocious. The sad part is that they often have marketing artwork that, if rendered as the figure, would be awesome (if stylized).

BlueKrono

The Helicoprion looks almost identical to the existing one. Maybe the mouth is a little redder? But the overall paint scheme looks the same. I wonder if in actual production it will be any different.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on June 28, 2021, 01:52:49 AM
That onchopristis is something else. Literally.

I didn't follow up here! I did get the hyaenodon and dinocrocuta, and they stand surprisingly well. Wiggly, but upright.

And least kind of look right. Unlike a lot of their models

https://twitter.com/FaunaFigures/status/1385636814749270016?s=19

Glad the mammals worked out. Every Onchopristis is something else, even PNSO's.

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 28, 2021, 04:59:53 AM

The Helicoprion looks almost identical to the existing one. Maybe the mouth is a little redder? But the overall paint scheme looks the same. I wonder if in actual production it will be any different.

Good catch, I noticed that some were repaints and assumed all were.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.