News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sbabam - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, February 25, 2021, 12:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The maker of the slightly famous Metoposaurus is back at it, with an array of (mostly) Cenozoic animals:

woolly mammoth

Smilodon

woolly rhino

Kaprosuchus, definitely the odd one out. Kaprosuchus really is the go-to terrestrial crocodile these days. I guess we have Paul Sereno's incredible talent for self-promotion to thank.

Deinotherium

Arctodus

cave lion

dire wolf (I know people have been recently wishing for one--this is what you wanted, right?)

Titanoboa

muskox

Dinocrocuta paging avatar_SBell @SBell

Hyaenodon
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Where does one purchase these?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mattyonyx

Quote from: suspsy on February 25, 2021, 01:14:37 AM
Where does one purchase these?

They're sold at newsstands in Italy, inside big blind bags.

Faelrin

Is this our first Arctodus and Dinocrocuta? First toy of Titanoboa too from the looks of it (I know there's there REBOR ones, but I wouldn't call those toys).

That Kaprosuchus is certainly the odd one out. I would have went for a Borealosuchus, Purussaurus, or Quinkana or something else from the Cenozoic along those lines.

I feel called out on the Dire wolf thing, because I have wanted a new one for so long (and even more so with the new paper), but this doesn't fulfill that itch for me sadly. Still I really appreciate them going all out on Cenozoic stuff, many of which still don't have any figures of. I also forgot but are these like the squishy toys from Diramix?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin atleast there are figures of your prehistoric puppy(whilst outdated) but still no epicyon.
I feel embarrassed I had hope for a epicyon while scrolling through the list.
Hopefully, we get our primeval pooches in figure form
And to all the big companies out there, learn from Sbabam

stargatedalek

Weirdly enough that might be the most accurate Direwolf now, since it's scrunched head coincidentally looks vaguely closer to the real deal than the oversized grey wolves we've had before. Doesn't help most of those exaggerated the jaws by elongating them to look angrier.

SBell

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres you're damn right I need that dinocrocuta. And several others (but not the dire wolf...)

Can you provide the link because I will definitely be placing an order as soon as I can!

SBell

Quote from: Faelrin on February 25, 2021, 04:34:05 AM
Is this our first Arctodus and Dinocrocuta? First toy of Titanoboa too from the looks of it (I know there's there REBOR ones, but I wouldn't call those toys).

I have an arctodus from Faunacasts...but it's not a toy either.
And there are fewer of them than the Rebor titanoboa!

Loon

Can't say these interest me much, but I have to commend them for doing mostly mammals. If only Safari or CollectA could do the same sometime soon...

Thialfi

Colour me impressed by their choices of species. I don't really have interest in these particular figures, but companies like Safari and CollectA: do take note! These are the Cenozoic mammals we are craving for.

Halichoeres

avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_SBell @SBell they're for sale here, but I think they only ship to Italy: https://www.sbabam.it/categoria/kreaturex/predatori-preistorici/

Quote from: Stolpergeist on February 26, 2021, 02:06:01 AM
If only someone made a solid Dinocrocuta, I still don't like wibbly wobbly toys.

I don't really care for these rubbery dust magnets, either, but I've been known to tolerate them for the sake of having a weird fish or amphibian.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 26, 2021, 12:47:18 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_SBell @SBell they're for sale here, but I think they only ship to Italy: https://www.sbabam.it/categoria/kreaturex/predatori-preistorici/

Quote from: Stolpergeist on February 26, 2021, 02:06:01 AM
If only someone made a solid Dinocrocuta, I still don't like wibbly wobbly toys.

I don't really care for these rubbery dust magnets, either, but I've been known to tolerate them for the sake of having a weird fish or amphibian.

Of course they don't. But I'll still try to track one down!

Halichoeres

Hm. There's also this site: https://www.sbabam.com/sbabam-shop/

Which seems to sell a more restricted inventory, but ships to more countries (though still not the US or Canada). Maybe they'll get the mammals in stock eventually?

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 26, 2021, 10:43:59 PM
Hm. There's also this site: https://www.sbabam.com/sbabam-shop/

Which seems to sell a more restricted inventory, but ships to more countries (though still not the US or Canada). Maybe they'll get the mammals in stock eventually?

I think I found at least the dinocrocuta... maybe. So that's something.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

These are quite good for a cutesy kids line! Nice to some some of the obscure ones here. I particularly like the Deinotherium and Musk Ox!

SBell

We'll... I did it. I found and bought the Dinocrocuta and hyaenodon.
And the Metoposaurus!
Now for the trip from Europe...

Halichoeres

The latest set of cheap rubber toys from Sbabam is mostly modern carnivores, but does include a gray version of the Smilodon from the Prehistoric Predators set:

austrosaurus

These are...not bad I guess? They kind of look like the Dinosaur King chibis. I'd pick them up for a couple dollars if they were available locally but I won't go out of my way to track them down.

Thialfi

Quote from: austrosaurus on April 02, 2021, 10:40:01 AM
These are...not bad I guess? They kind of look like the Dinosaur King chibis. I'd pick them up for a couple dollars if they were available locally but I won't go out of my way to track them down.
Same! I don't hate them. They have their own, unique style and the choice of species is quite good.

Halichoeres

I don't have any of these mammals but with their rubbery legs I imagine them having a hard time standing up, unlike the DK chibis. But certainly a similar level of stylization.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: