You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about the "scale humans" in people's pictures

Started by WickedWargames, July 13, 2021, 08:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WickedWargames

hey everyone, i have a question about the "scale" figures in the pictures that people provide. They often put a little man next to it, i can't work out the heights of the people, and the members of the forum appear to have some of the same, some different, some unique etc. Would anyone be able to provide a picture of the little men next to each other, perhaps lying down with a ruler?
I'm happy to delete/move this if it's in the wrong thread. Still finding my way here.

The man in question is like this guy i found on google below next to this model. they say 1/40 in this post (from which i downlaoded this) but i wondered the exact measurements? as with most things miniature, scale is slightly varying across ranges.

Cheers
Arthur- Wickedwargames

Pachyrhinosaurus

I have a Schleich Hans figure in my desk and just measured. He's 45mm at the top of his head.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dinoguy2

A lot of people use the Schleich "Hans" figurine (smaller one in the photo you posted), which is 1:40 at 45mm as Pachyrhinosaurus pointed out. CollectA makes a similar figure in a Safari outfit that comes with their deluxe "1:40" figures, but given that many of those are not actually 1:40 and I don't have the measurements for the human figurine, I can't vouch for the scale.

I converted my in-scale display from mainly 1:35 Battat and Safari recently, to mainly 1:25 PNSO. I wanted a human figurine to put in there for scale. The Safari History figures are perfect at 1:25 for this role. I have the Safari General Ceasar which I got last year on sale for $2. It's 6.9cm tall, which given Caesar's actual height puts him at just about 1:25. I would imagine the other human figurines in this range are the same scale. I prefer these to stuff like Hans because they're pre painted and more realistic. Hans is a little too cartoonish/bobbleheaded for me.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Halichoeres

It's not in your photo, but the CollectA scale figure gets used for this purpose a lot. He's in the center of this photo and is about 4.7 cm tall including the base.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.