News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrannosauron's customs

Started by Tyrannosauron, August 04, 2015, 05:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Wow! Really impressive! I'd buy that in a heart beat were I ever to find one like that in a store!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Tyrannosauron

Thanks for all the kind words! I got a great airbrush kit for the holidays, so as soon as I get myself familiar with it I'm going to tackle a repaint of the CollectA feathered T. rex.

Tyto_Theropod

Diggin' that Nanshingosaurus! I like the Cassowary vibe it has. If only I could find Battats cheaply and easily in the UK, I'd probably do something similar, as yours came out so well. Anyway, I have enough CollectA and Safari repainting to do to keep me busy for now. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

smashtoad

Gotta be honest...as nice as your DIY feathers are, and they are very nice...they deserve a better paint job.  You can't see too much of the detail you worked so hard to create.  Wash those suckers real good in gray and then tap on some dry brushed black.

Really cool amendments, man.

Tyrannosauron

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I finally found some time to get back into customizing and wanted to share some of the results.

First, an update to some older projects. The paint washes really helped. Thanks to all those who suggested the change, and apologies that it took me years to get around to it:

Next, I've been meaning to repaint the original PNSO vinyl T. rex for a while now. Took some inspiration from the color scheme on Permia's stuff:

Finally, the new centerpiece of my collection--Mattel's Super Colossal Roberta, somewhat closer to what appeared on the screen:

(Yes, I'm an unapologetic T. rex nut.) Thanks for looking! Always looking to improve, so feedback is welcome.

Tyrannosauron

Whoops...just now realized that the images in the last post weren't linked properly! Fixed now. Here are a couple of more to justify a new post:

Thanks again for looking!

Creature

Those look fantastic! I'm especially excited about all the blue you used on that PNSO.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Shonisaurus

Fantastic especially the PNSO tyrannosaurus, that blue color gives it a majestic look.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Agreed, that is very impressive, the PNSO Tyrannosaurus in particular. Also very impressed by your work on the Battat Nanshiungosaurus
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 03, 2021, 10:28:13 PM
Agreed, that is very impressive, the PNSO Tyrannosaurus in particular. Also very impressed by your work on the Battat Nanshiungosaurus
I will second that, and BTW, since it's your thread avatar_Tyrannosauron @Tyrannosauron , why not bring it back from the past, anyways. It's fun to revisit work like this  and to update it. Thanks for the viewings.