News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Qualia - New for 2021

Started by Flaffy, February 25, 2021, 06:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

In two days I have 15 pre-orders for the set.

For those asking, I'm confident I'll be the best source outside of Japan and I can get individuals as well as the entire set.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

And I actually came here to ask if anyone else thought the lambeo looks like it has hooves but I see someone beat me to it. I kinda feel like (and hope) it's an illusion from the photo.

Halichoeres

Quote from: brettnj on February 27, 2021, 03:17:20 PM
In two days I have 15 pre-orders for the set.

For those asking, I'm confident I'll be the best source outside of Japan and I can get individuals as well as the entire set.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

And I actually came here to ask if anyone else thought the lambeo looks like it has hooves but I see someone beat me to it. I kinda feel like (and hope) it's an illusion from the photo.

Why hope? You don't like the hoof? I do think it's speculative, since it's only been observed in Edmontosaurus--hard to predict the distribution of a trait known in only one taxon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brettnj

Oh, should it have hooves? I had no idea.

Though I love them, my last dino studies were in college. Got an A but was a looong time ago...

Thanks for the clarification...

terrorchicken

Skorpio V.

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 28, 2021, 12:45:47 AM
how much are they?
Y400 means about $4USD, so it's promising for the MSRP but we can't be sure how much secondhand sellers might bump it up.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Loon

These are fantastic. Not even taking into account the amount of plastic you're getting for the price, they just look so nice. Well, except the Deinonychus, which...

Stegotyranno420

I dont understand why people are not happy with the deinonychus, if its an accuracy issue that'll explain things more.
I honestly like this one the most(even though its the worst sculpt) because it looks like its about in my scale. The others look fantastic but they are too small for my taste
Edit:I found out. Still my favorite unless I got some kind of make-it-big-ray

stargatedalek

Aside from the bald hands I rather like the Deinonychus.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Skorpio V. on February 28, 2021, 04:22:42 AM
how much are they?
Y400 means about $4USD, so it's promising for the MSRP but we can't be sure how much secondhand sellers might bump it up.
4 bucks each?! how small are these? seems kinda cheap for how good the sculpt/paint is.

Wallnut

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 28, 2021, 06:35:03 PM
how much are they?
4 bucks each?! how small are these? seems kinda cheap for how good the sculpt/paint is.

The rex is 150mm and they have similar size they will probably varie around 150mm in lenght.

brettnj

At the larger than expected size, I'm hoping they are more akin quality-wise to UHA Collect Club than Kabaya.

It certainly looks that way but can't tell definitively from flyer images.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Triton TR on February 28, 2021, 06:38:40 PM
The rex is 150mm and they have similar size they will probably varie around 150mm in lenght.
wow they are much larger than Kaiyodos Diinotales! they must be more like those special PNSO Chinese genus minis set  in size.

Ive decided though I want to wait to see more pics before I order from Brett,,,

Duna

Quote from: brettnj on February 27, 2021, 10:33:17 PM
Oh, should it have hooves? I had no idea.

Though I love them, my last dino studies were in college. Got an A but was a looong time ago...

Thanks for the clarification...
It would be wonderful if it had hooves, which seem to be in the picture ... It would be a very nice interpretation that it's true in at least the big Edmontosaurus ... https://rexmachinablog.com/2020/03/18/dakota-dinomummy-hoof-nail/

brettnj

Releases next week.

I have requests for more than 20 sets so far. Had to have my new figure source place a larger order with the distributor just to satisfy mine.

Please PM ASAP if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you for that, L @Leyster

I think for about 4 USD each, this is a good deal. I not interested in these Theropods here, especially the Deinonychus, but That Lambeo and the Triceratops are really something i would love to add to my Collection. Perfect poses for me.

I am just wondering, if they have an CE Certificate, in case they open up the box and check the Box here in Germany.

GojiraGuy1954

how much are they?
They'll definitely add a few zeroes to that number
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

brettnj

My buyers got the set for 2600 yen before shipping, for whom most combine with other orders from us.
Brett

JimoAi

got the trike. Wonder how great the t rex is considering I'm not sure if it has lips from its small size

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: