News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Everything Dinosaur now has the 2022 toys in stock.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

They don't have the Cryolophosaurus yet, but I ordered the other 2 I wanted.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

JimoAi

was wondering if the Safari Ltd patagotitam works as a Dreadnaughthous as I feel no company would ever take much risks in making large sauropods anymore sans Mattel and botm

Lynx

Quote from: JimoAi on March 10, 2023, 04:44:31 AMwas wondering if the Safari Ltd patagotitam works as a Dreadnaughthous as I feel no company would ever take much risks in making large sauropods anymore sans Mattel and botm

I think with a little imagination it would work out
An oversized house cat.

Sim

Eofauna and CollectA are still making large sauropod figures.

suspsy

Quote from: JimoAi on March 10, 2023, 04:44:31 AMwas wondering if the Safari Ltd patagotitam works as a Dreadnaughthous as I feel no company would ever take much risks in making large sauropods anymore sans Mattel and botm

You know about this toy, right?

https://dinotoyblog.com/ruyangosaurus-deluxe-by-collecta/
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JimoAi

Quote from: suspsy on March 10, 2023, 02:54:37 PM

You know about this toy, right?

https://dinotoyblog.com/ruyangosaurus-deluxe-by-collecta/

yep, whoops I've overlooked it

JimoAi

Quote from: Lynx on March 10, 2023, 02:03:59 PM

I'm ABIT of an accuracy freak so any glaring inaccuracies and major differences between the 2?

Faelrin

While digging for posts for the Cyberozoic thread, I came across this post of Zuul's integument. I think this may be of use to anyone that has picked up (or still on their wishlist) the Safari Ltd Zuul figure:

https://twitter.com/DavidEvans_ROM/status/1389226629117845507

This was posted back in May 2021, and the one who posted this mentioned something about two papers Arbour was working on with this animal. Well one was published last year (which incidentally meant some things on the Safari figure became outdated). Is there another on the way then?

Also wow, I knew Zuul was well preserved, but this is like nearly as good as Borealopelta, maybe even better since it has the back half. Only this is an ankylosaurid, where as Borealopelta was a nodosaurid.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Skorpio V.

Quote from: JimoAi on March 10, 2023, 03:50:13 PM
Quote from: Lynx on March 10, 2023, 02:03:59 PM

I'm ABIT of an accuracy freak so any glaring inaccuracies and major differences between the 2?

In the remains they share, which isn't much, the differences are pretty negligible in the grand scheme. For example, the femur length in Patagotitan (~2.3 m) being 40-ish centimeters greater than Dreadnoughtus (~1.9 m) is indistinguishable at this scale. Even with those minor differences, Dreadnoughtus doesn't have any very close relatives to go off of as it branches off from other titanosaurs. Patagotitan, on the other hand, is often further classified under the clade Lognkosauria with the likes of Argentinosaurus, Puertasaurus, Futalognkosaurus, and some others. Still, I have seen some skeletals that fill in Dreadnoughtus with Lognkosaurs such as Patagotitan and Futalognkosaurus since titanosaurs don't have many significant physical/external changes between genera, so substituting with Patagotitan is not unheard of. Dreadnoughtus doesn't have a closer relative to interchange figures of, so this, the CollectA Ruyangosaurus, or any other titanosaur model could work.

TLDR; Dreadnoughtus is very weird on the titanosaur family tree. Until we get closer relatives to it in both model form and new discoveries, this works.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Lynx

I wonder if the Utahraptor and the estemmenosuchus will release together
An oversized house cat.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

At Everything Dinosaur they probably will, like the Cryolophosaurus and Majungasaurus did, but that will be several months behind you lot I expect.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.