News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

With the average size of the other sauropods Safari has released, what size do y'all think this one will be?
An oversized house cat.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The listing comes out to about $34, which is more than any dinosaur currently on Safari's website, but less than the big Carnegie sauropods. I'm thinking it'll probably be bigger than the amargasaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

TheCambrianCrusader

A patagotitan! I don't want to get my hopes too high because its just a leak, but thats probably one of my most wanted dinosaur species! Ooh I really hope its enormous like the old carnegie figures.

Fembrogon

If we do indeed get Patagotitan, I'll be ecstatic. After a quieter 2021 this would be about the biggest comeback they could make, literally!

Duna

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 19, 2022, 07:55:06 PM
The listing comes out to about $34, which is more than any dinosaur currently on Safari's website, but less than the big Carnegie sauropods. I'm thinking it'll probably be bigger than the amargasaurus.
A Patagotitan at 30€ will be almost certainly huge! I want it huge like the Camarasaurus, I cross my fingers ...  :))

Dinoxels

Not sure if we should discuss this as Safari ltd. themselves have not officially revealed this at all, to be quite frank.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM
(with an expected delivery date of June 2022!).

Oh wow, I wonder if the official reveal will be that late then. As it seems that Safari ltd likes to reveal things as they become available for sale.
Contrary to most other companies that reveal new products a couple months before they're available.

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 19, 2022, 09:37:55 PM
Not sure if we should discuss this as Safari ltd. themselves have not officially revealed this at all, to be quite frank.

We discuss leaks here all the time. The proverbial cat is out of the bag.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ikessauro

Quote from: suspsy on January 19, 2022, 11:29:33 PM
We discuss leaks here all the time. The proverbial cat is out of the bag.

Agreed. I would not myself want to leak something, but once it is online, it can't be contained.

Mattel tried to censor leaks when the Scorpios rex figure was exposed online ahead of time. They didn't succeed. At the most they managed to convince some youtubers to remove their videos about it, if the video showed the image of the product. But people kept sharing it privately and even publicly in their social media. The censoring of the channels was more of a move to show Universal they were trying to deal with the leak than an actual attempt to prevent the unstoppable spread of information.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Flaffy on January 19, 2022, 09:56:21 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM
(with an expected delivery date of June 2022!).

Oh wow, I wonder if the official reveal will be that late then. As it seems that Safari ltd likes to reveal things as they become available for sale.
Contrary to most other companies that reveal new products a couple months before they're available.
Weren't we being told "soon" in December?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

JohannesB

Sounds interesting. I hope 1:45 scale, but more likely 1:50 scale, I guess.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: JohannesB on January 20, 2022, 12:08:37 AM
Sounds interesting. I hope 1:45 scale, but more likely 1:50 scale, I guess.
A 1:50 scale Patagotitan would still be pretty big, so I'd be ok with that

Carnoking

It does me good to hear Safari coming back with a sauropod, and a Patagotitan at that! Talk about coming back swinging.

profnik

:D
That's what we've been waiting for 2022 comes out to release the image for prehistoric collection of safari ltd 🦣🦖🦤

ceratopsian

Blade-of-the-Moon

You know, if they made one nice large sauropod this year and that was it, I'd be happy with it.

profnik

An I'm waiting for safari ltd 2022 prehistoric collection for list of sculptors

wild safari prehistoric world collection:
Dreadnoughtus
Tiktaalik
Megaloceros
Dire Wolf
Lystrosaurus
Albertosaurus OR Gorgosaurus
Archelon
Gigantopithecus
Zuul
Therizinosaurus
Protoceratops

🦣🦤Extinct  Toobs:
Dodo bird
Thylacine
Quagga
Woolly Mammoth
Giant Moa
Passenger Pigeon
Baiji Dolphin
Great Auk

Life Before Dinosaurs Toobs:
(means Paleozoic ERA)
Arthropleura
Tiktaalik
Dimetrodon
Meganeura
Cameroceras
Dunkleosteus
Pterygotus
Cephalaspis
Gorgonops
Ichthyostega

Good Luck Minis:
Smilodon
Mosasaurus
Trilobites & Ammonites

🦣 Good Luck Mini Prehistoric Fun Pack:
Woolly mammoth
Velociraptor
Smilodon
Ammonite
Pterosaurs
Trilobite
Mosasaurus
Dimetrodon

Mythical Realms:
Loch Ness Monster

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: profnik on January 20, 2022, 05:33:38 PM
An I'm waiting for safari ltd 2022 prehistoric collection for list of sculptors

wild safari prehistoric world collection:
Dreadnoughtus
Tiktaalik
Megaloceros
Dire Wolf
Lystrosaurus
Albertosaurus OR Gorgosaurus
Archelon
Gigantopithecus
Zuul
Therizinosaurus
Protoceratops

🦣🦤Extinct  Toobs:
Dodo bird
Thylacine
Quagga
Woolly Mammoth
Giant Moa
Passenger Pigeon
Baiji Dolphin
Great Auk

Life Before Dinosaurs Toobs:
(means Paleozoic ERA)
Arthropleura
Tiktaalik
Dimetrodon
Meganeura
Cameroceras
Dunkleosteus
Pterygotus
Cephalaspis
Gorgonops
Ichthyostega

Good Luck Minis:
Smilodon
Mosasaurus
Trilobites & Ammonites

🦣 Good Luck Mini Prehistoric Fun Pack:
Woolly mammoth
Velociraptor
Smilodon
Ammonite
Pterosaurs
Trilobite
Mosasaurus
Dimetrodon

Mythical Realms:
Loch Ness Monster

Now that's a Want list !  ;D

Safari has produced some of those in the past as part of other lines if interested, even a Loch Ness Monster that was pretty much a plesiosaur/elasmosaur.

suspsy

What I'd really like with regard to the dire wolf is for either Safari or CollectA to make an entire family. They do it for many of their modern animals, so how about a male and female in different poses along with one or two pups?

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: