You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs at Knoebel's Amusement Resort

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, August 29, 2022, 02:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Knoebel's Grove is a theme park located in the coal region of Pennsylvania. It's a family tradition of ours to visit each year at the end of the summer. While they don't have any major prehistoric-themed attractions, there are a few dinosaurs and fossils around the park.

Towards the back of the park, there's a museum dedicated to the history of coal mining, with lots of old tools and equipment on display, as well as some fossils and dioramas.

This fossil tree stump and some exceptionally large pieces of coal sit just outside the museum.

Inside, amongst the old mining equipment, there are some fossils from the Pennsylvania coal region.

These ferns are from St. Clair, PA. Ferns from this site are known for their distinctive white color, which is from aluminum silicate.

At the back of the museum is an exhibit on the park's history. These fossils were collected in the campground area. I have personally found a few fossils there, myself.

Continuing back into the mining portion of the museum, there are some dioramas on the way out.

There's also an elongated coin machine in the museum shop. The design features a much less... interesting rendition of their dinosaur.

Finally, this dinosaur height measuring sign is located at the front of the park.

While this may not be the main focus of the park, Knoebel's is a great place to have some good food and go on a few rides. I especially like to visit on a rainy day when it can feel very atmospheric. I'd definitely recommend it if you're in the area.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!