News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Joe's collection

Started by callmejoe3, September 11, 2020, 05:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmejoe3

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 25, 2020, 09:23:00 PM
I am glad that you have in these special parties the basilosaurus of PNSO is one of my favorite prehistoric mammals, I hope for my part that one day PNSO will make a basilosaurus with the same characteristics or even with a superior sculpture and painting of that great prehistoric marine mammal on the same scale as the current vinyl but solid PVC. It is a dream that I hope one day to see come true.

That would be cool.

Halichoeres

Quote from: callmejoe3 on December 25, 2020, 05:03:58 PM

Speaking of which. The Eocene king has arrived.

I wish more marine animal figures came with stands like this!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stoneage

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 30, 2020, 02:15:22 PM
Quote from: callmejoe3 on December 25, 2020, 05:03:58 PM

Speaking of which. The Eocene king has arrived.

I wish more marine animal figures came with stands like this!
Where did the Blue Whale come from?

callmejoe3

Quote from: stoneage on December 30, 2020, 10:41:17 PM

Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi Advance model. They're pretty easy to find on ebay. They typically cost about $300. It's about 780mm when accounting for the curve.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: callmejoe3 on December 31, 2020, 07:32:59 AM
Quote from: stoneage on December 30, 2020, 10:41:17 PM

Kaiyodo Mega Sofubi Advance model. They're pretty easy to find on ebay. They typically cost about $300. It's about 780mm when accounting for the curve.

..now, on Ebay, from scalpers..
I bought it when it came out (2016) for less than an half that price..

callmejoe3

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 31, 2020, 07:46:46 AM
..now, on Ebay, from scalpers..
I bought it when it came out (2016) for less than a half that price..

It's unfortunate, but that's ultimately how anyone is really going to get their hands on one now. Compared to other large Kaiyodo models I've been coveting for my 1:40 scale cetacean collection, I was atleast personally grateful to find plenty of listings that weren't scams, even if they came at a premium.

stoneage

Thanks for the information, it looks like a really cool figure.

callmejoe3

Quote from: stoneage on December 31, 2020, 06:59:51 PM
Thanks for the information, it looks like a really cool figure.

Yeah, it's one of the best figures for collectors who aim for the 1:30-1:40 scale. The only other option is the PNSO model, which from what I've seen, runs for even more money.

stoneage

Yes, and 44.5 inches sounds big even for 1/35 scale!

callmejoe3

Quote from: stoneage on December 31, 2020, 08:36:28 PM

Yeah, even at 1:35, it would be about 34.65 meters, about a full meter beyond the largest recorded individual by whalers. It's better off as a 1:30 figure.

Wallnut

Quote from: callmejoe3 on December 31, 2020, 09:33:20 PM

Yeah, even at 1:35, it would be about 34.65 meters, about a full meter beyond the largest recorded individual by whalers. It's better off as a 1:30 figure.

Companies make 1.40 scale blue whales but they didn't make 30+ meter sauropods like dreadnoughtus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Triton TR on December 31, 2020, 09:44:33 PM
Quote from: callmejoe3 on December 31, 2020, 09:33:20 PM

Companies make 1.40 scale blue whales but they didn't make 30+ meter sauropods like dreadnoughtus.

I'd always hoped Kaiyodo would make a big sauropod as part of their Sofubi line, but they steadfastly refuse. (Apologies for hijacking your thread, C @callmejoe3 )
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

callmejoe3

callmejoe3

New update.
I've recently got a new space for my Non-cetacean collection and with it, I have a specific shelf for my Safari Ltd Carnegie collection. In a very smooth transaction with S @SidB I got a huge portion of the Carnegie collection to go along with the woolly mammoth I've had since I was a kid and the 2008 Diplodocus I got from my brother as an early birthday gift. I mainly got these because I've recently collected the entire Monterey Bay Aquarium line and I thought it'd be nice if I at least had a good chunk of the Carnegie collection.

The sauropods next to my Kaiyodo Blue whale

At 1:40 scale
Old Diplodocus (~73 cm): ~29 meters
Apatosaurus (56cm): ~22 meters ( For these two, precise length was hard to ascertain because of the curvature of the backs)
2008 Diplodocus (74cm):29.6 meters
Blue whale (78cm):31.2 meters

Varanops

Great cetacean and Carnegie representations, Joe!  Is that their original or second version Apatosaurus?  I've just about given up on seeing an original.

callmejoe3

Quote from: Varanops on January 26, 2021, 12:09:41 AM
Great cetacean and Carnegie representations, Joe!  Is that their original or second version Apatosaurus?  I've just about given up on seeing an original.

If by ''original'' you mean the original mold, then yes.

According to the Carnegie Collection's blog, this seems to be variant 3 or 4 of the mold 1 group.

Tyto_Theropod

Congrats on getting all those Carnegies!  I'd like an original colour Iguanodon myself, seeing as I had one as a child (and stupidly put it in a charity shop, along with most of my childhood models - REGRETS! :'(), but the only one I've seen for sale here in the UK was in very poor condition.  This is a really nice collection you have, I like the way you've got a few figures at the end of each bookshelf.  Might try that myself!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

callmejoe3

Hey guys, I'm back from the dead XD. School and work's been keeping me busy. PNSO just launched a Livyatan, and just snagged it.

Halichoeres

Quote from: callmejoe3 on October 07, 2021, 12:13:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm back from the dead XD. School and work's been keeping me busy. PNSO just launched a Livyatan, and just snagged it.

Pics or it didn't happen.  :))

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.