News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Wonderful presentation and photos! I agree, many people don't know how to take photos. I think phone cameras have done a lot of harm to photography in this regard. With most phones, changing basic settings like exposure is a hassle or even impossible, everything is automated. Don't even get me started on auto-processing and vaseline filters :))

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: SRF on January 11, 2022, 08:22:06 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2022, 05:54:07 PM

PNSO Museum Line is not "just-a-figure" package.
It is a figure + solid box + book + posters + graphic arts and extras.
Maybe someone could not be interested in all these extras (this is a different story) but, for sure, they are not for free.
The standard PNSO line comes in a light box with plastic rods.
That's the reason for a different price.

Except for both Tyrannosaurs, which are among the most expensive models from PNSO but only came with one booklet and no other extras. Especially Andrea could or should have had some extras in the form of a nest or a baby.

..I know... it's called  "business".. T Rex is a "most wanted" among collectors (despite of price).. and they are "best sellers"..

SRF

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2022, 08:49:24 PM
Quote from: SRF on January 11, 2022, 08:22:06 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2022, 05:54:07 PM

PNSO Museum Line is not "just-a-figure" package.
It is a figure + solid box + book + posters + graphic arts and extras.
Maybe someone could not be interested in all these extras (this is a different story) but, for sure, they are not for free.
The standard PNSO line comes in a light box with plastic rods.
That's the reason for a different price.

Except for both Tyrannosaurs, which are among the most expensive models from PNSO but only came with one booklet and no other extras. Especially Andrea could or should have had some extras in the form of a nest or a baby.

..I know... it's called  "business".. T Rex is a "most wanted" among collectors (despite of price).. and they are "best sellers"..

Sure, but I don't think that PNSO's next T. Rex in the Museum Line (and there will be one eventually) will come without any extras. It's just that they only started to add all these posters and other extras with the release of the Mamenchisaurus, which was released right after Andrea.

I don't mind that the T. Rexes came without these extras though. I enjoy the set, even for how expensive they are, very much.
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: SRF on January 11, 2022, 09:24:37 PM
Sure, but I don't think that PNSO's next T. Rex in the Museum Line (and there will be one eventually) will come without any extras. It's just that they only started to add all these posters and other extras with the release of the Mamenchisaurus, which was released right after Andrea.

I don't mind that the T. Rexes came without these extras though. I enjoy the set, even for how expensive they are, very much.
Please no more rexes (for me), unless it's feathered I have no interest in another one. I'd like to see GR Toys' rumored take but that's it. Maybe in a few years.

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 11, 2022, 09:30:17 PM
Quote from: SRF on January 11, 2022, 09:24:37 PM

Please no more rexes (for me), unless it's feathered I have no interest in another one. I'd like to see GR Toys' rumored take but that's it. Maybe in a few years.

I'm not saying there will be a new PNSO Rex soon, but for the reasons RobinGoodfellow mentioned it's only a matter of time before PNSO will release a new one.

I don't need a new one either, at least not from PNSO.

Sim

I hope that before PNSO makes a new T. rex they see the popularity of their tyrannosauroids and they make Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Xiongguanlong and Daspletosaurus horneri.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Sim on January 11, 2022, 10:54:26 PM
I hope that before PNSO makes a new T. rex they see the popularity of their tyrannosauroids and they make Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Xiongguanlong and Daspletosaurus horneri.
I still want Zhuchengtyrannus. My Sinoceratops still needs a buddy, and the Beasts of the Mesozoic line not including one made me long for one even more.  :(

SRF

Quote from: Sim on January 11, 2022, 10:54:26 PM

I really hope PNSO makes an Albertosaurus. That would currently be on top of my wish list.

Shonisaurus

I long for a tsintaosaurus I would buy it on Aliexpress. In my case a tsintaosaurus and also a zhuchengtyrannus, the one from Favorite is very beautiful but I would like one of a much larger size.

When it comes to the PNSO iguanodon, it is so beautiful! Thanks Robin in my case I publish very bad photos in the DTF. You have a great mastery when it comes to taking artistic photos. Thank you for publishing these photos, that corroborates that the iguanodon is one of the best PNSO figures of 2021 along with the tarbosaurus, torvosaurus and parasaurolophus with a difference over the rest of the figures.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Since everyone and their grandmother (Aside from Schleich I suppose) has and a Pachyrhinosaurus, I don't think it should be compared to the new Centrosaurus.

Of course everyone and their 16 great grandparents has made a T rex but that will never stop. That said maybe Eofauna will do one that can make other T rex be thrown away, metaphorically speaking.

I wonder which of this batch of PNSO will be next anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

And when, before the Chinese New Year?

Psittacoraptor

More pics of the Centrosaurus:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7691804796

And something interesting, a fan resculpt of Wilson's head with lips:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7689245303

SidB

The Centro looks good!
The re-sculpt makes me wonder if and when PNSO does similar - maybe only a matter of time, since T-rex sculpts sell like hotcakes.

Antey

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 12, 2022, 02:33:49 PM

Wilson's lips are terrible. In the frontal position, it resembles a giant toad!

Bread

My apologies that I compared the two, Pachyrhinosaurus and Centrosaurus. Really I compared the two due to the price and equal in size.

I am still on the fact that PNSO keep raising the price points meanwhile same quality figures/sizes are being produced. Not saying these products are bad, please note that, plus I even purchase them when they are on sale as I feel that those are their fair price points rather than their original costs.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 12, 2022, 02:33:49 PM

Reason #555 as to why PNSO should lip their dinosaurs
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Antey

It's amazing how much negativity there is in the PNSO product threads! Nagging about prices, scientific validity, paintwork, whatever. Attempting to present arguments stumbles upon an aggressive, often unsubstantiated NO. Constructive dialogue and useful exchange of views becomes simply impossible.
In the Nanmu branch, they admire the unrivaled value for money, while here they are dissatisfied with PNSO's pricing. I go to Aliexpress and see that Tyrannosaurus Alpha Nanmu is 20% more expensive than Winter Wilson, and Alpha is delivered without a box, without a brochure. But PNSO are still bad.
Sorry, but I find it difficult to endure all this negativity. devoid of any rational basis. The administration recently issued a warning to me, but, apparently, I will have to leave the forum on my own soon. This perpetual grumbling is too toxic for me.
I commanded a special unit in the army for 3 years, taught at a college for 15 years, and ran a municipal museum for 7 years. But this is beyond my strength.

JohannesB

Well, I can admire PNSO for what they deliver, and most of the time it is excellent, IMHO. Sometimes it is subpar (weighed against the price they are asking, of course). Like with any other brand. I am looking forward to what PNSO will give us in 2022 8)

Bread

Quote from: Antey on January 12, 2022, 04:21:29 PM
It's amazing how much negativity there is in the PNSO product threads! Nagging about prices, scientific validity, paintwork, whatever. Attempting to present arguments stumbles upon an aggressive, often unsubstantiated NO. Constructive dialogue and useful exchange of views becomes simply impossible.
In the Nanmu branch, they admire the unrivaled value for money, while here they are dissatisfied with PNSO's pricing. I go to Aliexpress and see that Tyrannosaurus Alpha Nanmu is 20% more expensive than Winter Wilson, and Alpha is delivered without a box, without a brochure. But PNSO are still bad.
Sorry, but I find it difficult to endure all this negativity. devoid of any rational basis. The administration recently issued a warning to me, but, apparently, I will have to leave the forum on my own soon. This perpetual grumbling is too toxic for me.
I commanded a special unit in the army for 3 years, taught at a college for 15 years, and ran a municipal museum for 7 years. But this is beyond my strength.
Nanmu receives criticism about its pricing, so I don't know what you are trying to ramble on about. Their Ultimasaurus is being criticized due to it not being a priority for collectors, but it will come with a JP style fence/base which will nearly cost $120+ if sold together. Their Brachiosaurus is an astonishing figure, but quite expensive especially for its standing posture, which mind you it has been showing up to collectors door steps broken.

Nanmu's Alpha Tyrannosaurus is larger than Wilson, so it doesn't surprise me that it cost $20 (or) more than Wilson. Also it does come with a box? A little card too. Although not a brochure it still holds excellent artwork. Regardless I would agree both are overpriced, but still valued by collectors, even myself.

There is not one company on this forum that does not receive criticism. It has been displayed and discussed in multiple threads. Constructive criticism is welcomed, and not everyone is going to favor it. As long as rules are followed, nothing is wrong about it.

Duck

Quote from: Antey on January 12, 2022, 04:21:29 PM
There's a difference between constructive criticism and downright ranting. As Bread said, Nanmu does receive plenty of criticism as well. No dinosaur model is perfect, and many members, like me, like to criticize it but also complement it. PNSO makes a lot of very good models, but the pricing is too high for my liking.
And, by the way, there are PLENTY of positive comments about models. Have you looked at the beginning of this thread? It's all people being happy that PNSO once again delivered a good dinosaur model.
You keep faking our comments, pretty much, to say that PNSO is bad. I have not seen a single person here who thinks that. PNSO is one of the best brands out there, and I have seen pretty much nothing but praise for the brand. Sure, there are some bad things about the figures, but even the people who point those things out still praise PNSO.
If you keep making these comments about "Oh, too much negativity for me" you are doing nothing but bringing more negativity to the forum! This website is one of the safest, warmest places on the internet, it always has been. I would like it to stay that way. So please stop bringing up negative subjects to threads that are doing just fine.
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: