News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 10, 2022, 08:24:10 PM
Hmmm, I'll wait for more photos in good lighting, but it seems like quite a bit of paint detail has been lost compared to the prototype. I much prefer the finer scales and detail compared to the Pachy, though.

On another note, PNSO has started offering bundles on their Amazon store, e.g. Qianzhousaurus + Yutyrannus for 68$ instead of 78.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/PNSO/page/0ED77D4F-B4F7-41F7-B6AE-116CBF8E43E0?ref_=ast_bln

They also seem to be pretty bad at categorizing their products

It's funny how they put these bundles together. I mean I can understand that they offer Qianzhousaurus and Yutyrannus together, but Allosaurus and Tarbosaurus is a bit of a strange combination.

They've also bundled Wilson, Andrea and Aaron (and not Logan) together as a T. Rex family. Meaning that PNSO probably really believes Nanotyrannus is a valid genus. Well at least for marketing purposes.  :)
But today, I'm just being father

Gwangi

PNSO really knows how to price these things at the absolute maximum tolerable level. I will pay $35 for the Centrosaurus, begrudgingly, but I am definitely going to wait for free shipping. I've waited my entire collecting career for a Centrosaurus so I have to get it, but I can wait a bit longer.

Faelrin

A shame about the paint apps. Doubt it is just the lighting because of their track record as of late. At least the price tag is much less then the Iguanodon before it, though that isn't accounting for shipping costs.

Hoping it still looks good alongside the Parasaurolophus, etc despite the poor/muddy looking paint apps.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on January 10, 2022, 11:17:33 PM
A shame about the paint apps. Doubt it is just the lighting because of their track record as of late. At least the price tag is much less then the Iguanodon before it, though that isn't accounting for shipping costs.

Hoping it still looks good alongside the Parasaurolophus, etc despite the poor/muddy looking paint apps.

I think it's fair to expect better paint apps given the price they're charging for these supposedly "premium" figures.
The sculpts are top notch no doubt about that, but the paint often leaves much to be desired when compared to promotional images.

Psittacoraptor

I think the Iguanodon looks even better mass-produced than on the promo images, but I've said before that apparently I'm looking at parallel-dimension version of that figure compared to most here, so I'll leave it :P That's why I had high hopes for this Centrosaurus, but it seems to have undergone the opposite development from prototype to final product.

Re: shipping, you can always buy from their Aliexpress store for free shipping, or wait for a figure to arrive at Amazon's warehouse if you have Prime. I think we're really spoiled with Chinese companies like PNSO or Nanmu in this regard. Shipping is a service after all, and getting it for free across half the world is still amazing to me after a dozen purchases. I can't even get free shipping for collectibles in my own country unless I buy something very expensive. I regularly order stuff from Japan, and even the smallest items cost 12 - 15€ to ship.

Bread

Same size as the Pachyrhinosaurus, kind of disappointed by that. I was hoping with its mentioned price point that it would be bigger. Speaking of price point, $35 seems way too. Well an easy pass for me.

Now, hopefully an Acrocanthosaurus is around the corner (still a rumor).

Carnoking

I believe it was about this time last year that the Pinacosaurus was revealed and that figure ended up being the last before they took their break. Anyone know if we'll be seeing a similar pattern this year?

SRF

Seeing the Centrosaurus next to the Pachyrhinosaurus makes it an easy pass for me right now. I've just ordered the Pachyrhinosaurus for only a little over half the price of the Centrosaurus. Seeing them next to each other, the Centrosaurus isn't worth twice as much to me.

Quote from: Carnoking on January 11, 2022, 01:10:18 AM
I believe it was about this time last year that the Pinacosaurus was revealed and that figure ended up being the last before they took their break. Anyone know if we'll be seeing a similar pattern this year?

I haven't read anything about it. I also wonder if PNSO is planning on doing these weekly releases like they did last year, or that they are going to take it easy for a while. We can only wait I guess. Chinese New Year is almost two weeks earlier than last year, so in that regard the Centrosaurus could even be the equivalant of the Pinacosaurus of last year.

SidB

I'm okay with the size of the Centro, compared with the Pachy. I wouldn't want the former to be larger, since the latter is a somewhat bigger animal anyways. Of course I'm disregarding the issue of relative prices in writing this.
The 'muddying' of the coloration on the in-hand release of the Centrosaurus, over against the promo seems consistent (though not necessarily desirable) with what we experienced with the latest version of Bieber the Stego.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 10, 2022, 11:52:27 PM
I think the Iguanodon looks even better mass-produced than on the promo images, but I've said before that apparently I'm looking at parallel-dimension version of that figure compared to most here, so I'll leave it :P

..unfortunately lots of people don't know how to take technically correct pictures...

..that's why I think it's useless to judge figures over the web..  ::)

:)

Lynx

This figure, I must admit, is growing on me. If I do buy this figure, however, I'll be calling it an iguanodontidae. I wish PNSO made the skull more square and less "remove the crest from a large hadrosaur". I like Papo's better besides the color scheme, but I'll consider PNSOs take for now.
An oversized house cat.

SRF

Quote from: SidB on January 11, 2022, 01:03:52 PM
I'm okay with the size of the Centro, compared with the Pachy. I wouldn't want the former to be larger, since the latter is a somewhat bigger animal anyways. Of course I'm disregarding the issue of relative prices in writing this.
The 'muddying' of the coloration on the in-hand release of the Centrosaurus, over against the promo seems consistent (though not necessarily desirable) with what we experienced with the latest version of Bieber the Stego.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also okay with the size of the Centrosaurus. I can also understand it when a more complicated but smaller sculpt would cost more than a larger, more straight forward and smoother sculpt. In other words, it would make sense for me that a Stegosaurus figure costs more or the same compared to an Iguanodon or even a Sauropod figure in a smaller scale. But the prices of two Ceratopsians that are comparable in build, size and complexity of the sculpt shouldn't differentiate so much as these two.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow judging a figure just only based on your photos would actually benefit the figure I think. :) 

SidB

Quote from: SRF on January 11, 2022, 04:02:49 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 11, 2022, 01:03:52 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm also okay with the size of the Centrosaurus. I can also understand it when a more complicated but smaller sculpt would cost more than a larger, more straight forward and smoother sculpt. In other words, it would make sense for me that a Stegosaurus figure costs more or the same compared to an Iguanodon or even a Sauropod figure in a smaller scale. But the prices of two Ceratopsians that are comparable in build, size and complexity of the sculpt shouldn't differentiate so much as these two.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow judging a figure just only based on your photos would actually benefit the figure I think. :)
I agree with your point too. Obviously other factors are in play, hopefully not just a hunger for higher profits (we have our banks, for instance, as an example of that ...). Even if justified, it doesn't make the jagged pill any easier to swallow. I really am into these PNSO's, so I made the decision last year to radically reduce the number of purchases that I would make from other brands (except Safari, if they step up their game), so as to be able to afford the PNSO gems, even if they have some warts (what doesn't!).

RobinGoodfellow

avatar_SRF @SRF : I like PNSO Iguanodon  a lot and I don't think the painting is sloppy; it's not a flamboyant colour scheme as, for example, Beast of the Mesozoic but a more "quite" scheme; so it depends on personal taste.. Regards  :)

ceratopsian

Very true avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow.  I don't judge a model from photos - unless I know from experience how good the photographer's skills are, and how his/her previous photos compare to models I know from personal experience.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2022, 03:15:25 PM

..unfortunately lots of people don't know how to take technically correct pictures...

..that's why I think it's useless to judge figures over the web..  ::)

:)

JohannesB

Deleted

Fembrogon

Both the Iguanodon and Centrosaurus look very good to me, between the various photos shared here; they just don't look $40-60 good. I'm hoping we get to see more more models around the price range of Cretoxyrhina soon again.

RobinGoodfellow

PNSO Museum Line is not "just-a-figure" package.
It is a figure + solid box + book + posters + graphic arts and extras.
Maybe someone could not be interested in all these extras (this is a different story) but, for sure, they are not for free.
The standard PNSO line comes in a light box with plastic rods.
That's the reason for a different price.

SRF

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 11, 2022, 05:54:07 PM

PNSO Museum Line is not "just-a-figure" package.
It is a figure + solid box + book + posters + graphic arts and extras.
Maybe someone could not be interested in all these extras (this is a different story) but, for sure, they are not for free.
The standard PNSO line comes in a light box with plastic rods.
That's the reason for a different price.

Except for both Tyrannosaurs, which are among the most expensive models from PNSO but only came with one booklet and no other extras. Especially Andrea could or should have had some extras in the form of a nest or a baby.

SidB

Yes, avatar_SRF @SRF , a nest or infant would have been quite welcome.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: