News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

YEAH! Now that's what I'm talking about! Finally a great Suchomimus! The colouration is great!

Remko

Quote from: Gwangi on December 07, 2022, 07:07:08 PMI like this one, much more than the "Sinoplosaurus". It makes me happy I didn't get that one. I don't have a Suchomimus in my collection and I'm really digging the paint job here.

Despite Sinopliosaurus is problematic, and could very well be used as Siamosaurus, I have to say that it's an amazing figure. Easily one of PNSO's finest. You will not regret it if you get that one as well.

But this Suchomimus is beautiful as well. Can't wait for it.
Size wise it's about the same as the Sinopliosaurus.

I hope there will be a new large Spinosaurus as well next year.

Gwangi

Quote from: Remko on December 07, 2022, 09:39:54 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 07, 2022, 07:07:08 PMI like this one, much more than the "Sinoplosaurus". It makes me happy I didn't get that one. I don't have a Suchomimus in my collection and I'm really digging the paint job here.

Despite Sinopliosaurus is problematic, and could very well be used as Siamosaurus, I have to say that it's an amazing figure. Easily one of PNSO's finest. You will not regret it if you get that one as well.

But this Suchomimus is beautiful as well. Can't wait for it.
Size wise it's about the same as the Sinopliosaurus.

I hope there will be a new large Spinosaurus as well next year.

Oh yeah, I know it's a great figure, but with this Suchomimus around I don't really need it. I try to set limits for myself, for space and financial reasons.

Sim

I'm impressed and happy to see such a good Suchomimus figure!  I've been thinking of only collecting BotM figures and maybe Haolonggod figures, but this PNSO Suchomimus tempts me to get it and collect PNSO figures again.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: JohannesB on December 07, 2022, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 07, 2022, 01:59:53 PMIn order to alleviate this concern, consider [...] applying  a protective transparent coating.

Now that you mention it, actually I think that is an excellent idea. I've done it on one of my repaints, and it works very well. (I use spray paint from a can, not brush.)

I have found out is best to use a matt finish.

Might there be a issue of yellowing eventually?
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 07, 2022, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 07, 2022, 01:59:53 PMIn order to alleviate this concern, consider [...] applying  a protective transparent coating.

Now that you mention it, actually I think that is an excellent idea. I've done it on one of my repaints, and it works very well. (I use spray paint from a can, not brush.)

Might there be a issue of yellowing eventually?
Truly, I hope not, but time reveals all, of course. So far, after 3-4 years with the oldest repaints, no problem. So far, so good.

SidB

Yes, the matt finish is the way to go.

MLMjp

Oh, an actual Suchomimus! And it´s blue!

(This completely flew under my radar)

Concavenator

Finally.

Been begging for a good Suchomimus figure for so many years... must have right here. avatar_SenSx @SenSx bet you're happy too!

Quote from: Lynx on December 07, 2022, 03:55:13 PMI feel like the Sino was just meant to be a Sino, nothing deep about it.

You're not alone, I think the Suchomimus rumours were actually the S1n0pl10s4urus. I guess PNSO noticed the controversy it sparked and after realizing a lot of people just wanted a Suchomimus then went for it now. This is just speculation, but notice how before this Suchomimus we've had the Deinocheirus and the Therizinosaurus which weren't among the rumoured list.

Quote from: Faras on August 17, 2022, 02:13:32 PMYeah tbh I've yet to see anyone happy with it in Chinese forums/groups. Nearly everyone wants a Suchomimus instead of "funny teeth species"...

This is a super welcome "redemption"!

SidB

Quote from: Sim on December 07, 2022, 10:16:21 PMI'm impressed and happy to see such a good Suchomimus figure!  I've been thinking of only collecting BotM figures and maybe Haolonggod figures, but this PNSO Suchomimus tempts me to get it and collect PNSO figures again.
Yes, this is a must have figure for me - a temptation that I intend to give in to.

PrimevalRaptor

Now that's a really nice Suchomimus, I especially like the texturing around the arms a lot and how the animal in general has some weight to it. The colors are REALLY nice and I'm a big fan of the splash of color on the crest.

Concavenator

I also realized this new PNSO Suchomimus will save me from having the potential future BotM/Cyberzoic version as the only good option, so as excellent as that figure will also surely be, that's quite some $ and space saved right there!

Concavenator

SenSx

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on December 08, 2022, 01:50:24 AMFinally.

Been begging for a good Suchomimus figure for so many years... must have right here. avatar_SenSx @SenSx bet you're happy too!

Quote from: Lynx on December 07, 2022, 03:55:13 PMI feel like the Sino was just meant to be a Sino, nothing deep about it.

You're not alone, I think the Suchomimus rumours were actually the S1n0pl10s4urus. I guess PNSO noticed the controversy it sparked and after realizing a lot of people just wanted a Suchomimus then went for it now. This is just speculation, but notice how before this Suchomimus we've had the Deinocheirus and the Therizinosaurus which weren't among the rumoured list.

Quote from: Faras on August 17, 2022, 02:13:32 PMYeah tbh I've yet to see anyone happy with it in Chinese forums/groups. Nearly everyone wants a Suchomimus instead of "funny teeth species"...

This is a super welcome "redemption"!

Oh yes you remember me ^^
I'm indeed very pleased and surprised at the same time, I wasn't expected it anymore.
I really like it, but I would haved liked it to be a little bit bigger.

I wonder if PNSO will make a Baryonyx now, but I don't know if it can beat the Safari one for my liking.
However Suchomimus was only n°2 on my list, I still need a good Herrerasaurus  ;D

Dan

Exclusive Dan's Dinosaurs offer for the DTF crowd:
$10 Off PNSO Suchomimus - 24 hours only
Promo code: dtfmember
Available here.

Thanks for choosing to support this small business!

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Dan on December 09, 2022, 01:11:36 AMExclusive Dan's Dinosaurs offer for the DTF crowd:
$10 Off PNSO Suchomimus - 24 hours only
Promo code: dtfmember
Available here.

Thanks for choosing to support this small business!

Thank you! Just ordered mine.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Thialfi

Wow, that's one heck of a deal.

Quiversaurus

First post here and I'm just gonna say I'm hyped for this Suchomimus... Did a quick calculation based off PNSO's provided diagram and it does look like it would fit in the 1:35 scale range - which makes me tremendously happy:

"Suchomimus was a relatively large theropod, reaching 9.5–11 metres (31–36 ft) in length and weighed 2.5–3.8 metric tons (2.8–4.2 short tons). However, the age of the holotype specimen is uncertain, so it is unclear whether this size estimate would have been its maximum."
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suchomimus)

Lower estimate: 950cm : 29cm = 1:32
Upper estimate: 1100cm : 29cm = 1:37

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum, avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus! That seems pretty consistent with PNSO's recent output, most of which has been in the neighborhood of 1:30.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Just ordered one from La-na-Time Shop. Like to get these early, so as to get the best paintwork typically, rather than wait several months or more, and get into a subsequent production run.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: