News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

I got my Zhuchengtyrannus today, it came earlier than it was supposed to, BUT, the front teeth are missing.  They're not broken off because they are not in the box, there is nothing for me to superglue back into the mouth :(

How can that happen?  Someone at the factory had to have known the figure was damaged and they packed it anyways?

The paintwork on the hand claws is so bad it doesn't make sense because the rest of the figure is superbly painted although quite a bit lighter tones than in the promo images.  Mine is very stable no balance issue and I was surprised by the size of this figure, it is quite a bit larger than I expected.

As much as I love this figure the quality control issue is disturbing, I'm debating whether or not to return this, the claws I can touch up, the teeth tho, there isn't much I can do there.

Carnoking

Wow, the Tsintaosaurus became available for prime fast. So fast, I'm almost suspicious it's a fluke. Oh well, I'll find out in a couple of days.

Sorry to hear about your Zhuchengtyrannus. Mine should be arriving in the next couple of days so I'll have to give it a hard look over. Can you share some images? I suppose depending on the look, missing teeth could give it some extra character!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Carnoking on March 01, 2022, 10:13:41 PM
Wow, the Tsintaosaurus became available for prime fast. So fast, I'm almost suspicious it's a fluke. Oh well, I'll find out in a couple of days.

Sorry to hear about your Zhuchengtyrannus. Mine should be arriving in the next couple of days so I'll have to give it a hard look over. Can you share some images? I suppose depending on the look, missing teeth could give it some extra character!

I'm currently having issues with imgur but I'll keep trying to post a photo.  But this one posted by Faras a couple weeks ago looks exactly like mine.  3-4 teeth in a row are missing, if it was just one or two it might be okay since we know these animals lost teeth regularly.  4 in a row looks like he forgot his dentures at home.

CARN0TAURUS

Something else I noticed on this figure, it's sticky to the touch.  Sticky enough that I find myself looking at my hands to see if anything is coming off onto my fingers.  It smells real bad too.  Non of these things I've experienced with any of my other PNSO figures. 

I had this issue come up before with one of my CollectA models where it felt sticky to the touch until several months that it was on display had passed and then the paints finished curing.  This tells me that these figures are painted in hurry before these base layers have had a chance to cure.

SidB

I got a good one - perfect, non-sticky paint job and all the front teeth present and accounted for. It's a wonderful figure. I'd insist on a replacement for ones with these problems, for sure, as they're not cheap.

CARN0TAURUS

I finally got imgur to work, here he is with his bad teeth.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on March 01, 2022, 11:40:38 PM
I got a good one - perfect, non-sticky paint job and all the front teeth present and accounted for. It's a wonderful figure. I'd insist on a replacement for ones with these problems, for sure, as they're not cheap.
S @SidB
Replacement thru amazon or thru PNSO?

Carnoking

Yeah, those missing front teeth make it look a bit silly. Now I'm worried how mine's going to show up. My luck hasn't exactly been in as of late!

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 01, 2022, 11:48:33 PM
S @SidB
Go through the vendor, whoever that was. If you purchased it on the PNSO Official Store, then it is the one with which to deal ; otherwise, don't go through PNSO, but the retailer who sold you the product. But contact them first.

Shonisaurus

I hope to buy the PNSO tsintaosaurus I regularly visit the PNSO Aliexpress website to buy it, I count the hours to order it. Thanks for the info.

I wish that the painting of the figure of tsintaosaurus does not present deficiencies as it is unfortunately commented with the zhuchentyrannus.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on March 02, 2022, 01:33:00 AM
S @SidB
Go through the vendor, whoever that was. If you purchased it on the PNSO Official Store, then it is the one with which to deal ; otherwise, don't go through PNSO, but the retailer who sold you the product. But contact them first.

This is why I shop with Amazon prime, the automated system shipped me out another copy that'll be here in 2 days and I have 4 weeks to drop this one off at the Amazon drop site down the street from my house.  Right now my only concern is if the second one comes with the defect too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 02, 2022, 08:11:29 AM

I hope to buy the PNSO tsintaosaurus I regularly visit the PNSO Aliexpress website to buy it, I count the hours to order it. Thanks for the info.

I wish that the painting of the figure of tsintaosaurus does not present deficiencies as it is unfortunately commented with the zhuchentyrannus.

Just picked up the Tsintaosaurus from Amazon for 55.19 with an 8% off clickable coupon.

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 02, 2022, 02:11:47 PM
Quote from: SidB on March 02, 2022, 01:33:00 AM
S @SidB

This is why I shop with Amazon prime, the automated system shipped me out another copy that'll be here in 2 days and I have 4 weeks to drop this one off at the Amazon drop site down the street from my house.  Right now my only concern is if the second one comes with the defect too.
Glad to hear that you got a quick solution, avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS , and trust that the replacement is a good one. Let us know how that turns out.

SRF

I'm very curious about that as well. The way your first copy turned out sounds very unfortunate avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, especially the fact that your copy even smells bad and is sticky. Since I have a little kid, I wouldn't like to have a figure like that on my shelf when there is a chance that he accidentally picks it up to play with it. Seems unhealthy to me.

I do think that these kind of quality control issues are more common in PNSO releases from the time that Andrea was released untill now, compared to before that time. At least if I remember correctly what avatar_Faras @Faras has told about that topic here before.
But today, I'm just being father

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on March 02, 2022, 02:48:45 PM
I'm very curious about that as well. The way your first copy turned out sounds very unfortunate avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, especially the fact that your copy even smells bad and is sticky. Since I have a little kid, I wouldn't like to have a figure like that on my shelf when there is a chance that he accidentally picks it up to play with it. Seems unhealthy to me.

I do think that these kind of quality control issues are more common in PNSO releases from the time that Andrea was released untill now, compared to before that time. At least if I remember correctly what avatar_Faras @Faras has told about that topic here before.

For the most part I've been very lucky with my models.  When I read on here that others received damaged, bent, chipped, unstable, bad paint, etc...I always seemed to get a "good one"   It was bound to happen at some point. 

I'll say this about this zhuchengtyrannus, despite the sticky smelly paint, the bent tip of the tail, the bad paint on the claws, and the broken missing teeth.  Aside from all that, It looks perfect, not a single blemish on the paint, no paint chips, and the fill on the head joint is flawless.  The tail and claw issues are 100% fixable with hot water and a tiny bit of paint.  Plus the sticky paint and odor are bound to resolve themselves over time as the paint finishes curing, I've seen this happen before.

Also the quality of the paintwork on this copy is superior to the images I've been seeing online, the face, the feet, the tail, etc...this one is basically perfect save for the missing teeth.   I can't recommend this figure enough, it's fantastic!  As much as I love the Gamba, this new Zhuchengtyrannus is already my favorite PNSO theropod model, followed by Gamba, Chubbysaurus, Paul, and Connor bringing up the rear.

Dromaenychus

Just got my Tsintaosaurus and it was missing the display base. No biggie, ordered a replacement from Amazon. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the price.
Beautiful figure, overpriced, but very nicely done. I would recommend picking it up if there's a 20% discount on it for sure.

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection , for this latest in your chain of posts of this best of all the Youtube reviewers. They are appreciated and anticipated.

Concavenator

If there happens to be a sale on AliExpress during these days, could any of you share the news here, please? IIRC by this time last year there was a sale, which I think avatar_Faras @Faras said would match with a Taobao sale.

Faras

avatar_SRF @SRF Yup there's been detail loss since Andrea, tho I suppose sticky smelly paints on Zhuchengtyrannus might mean PNSO indeed ran out of stock and had to rush the production.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator There's a Taobao sale starting on 4th (somehow it's smaller than last year tho), hope AliEspress would launch a matching sale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: