News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Thialfi on May 02, 2022, 02:17:30 PM
Three new figures will be announced this week, here is a teaser of the first one:

From Safari's Instagram page:

"@safariltd It's DINO REVEAL WEEK! No pushing or shoving...only stomping and roaring! We know that you can hardly contain your excitement! Stay tuned for three reveals this week. *See the full photo by avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels tomorrow!"
Definitely a Theropod.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

The profile looks pretty wide. Gonna guess either a scaly Tyrannosaurus or Tarbosaurus.

Primeval12

Looks like a tyrannosaur. An Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus maybe? Both would replace retired species.

Shane

Quote from: Flaffy on May 02, 2022, 02:39:05 PM
3 reveals, so that means the total 2022 prehistorics roster will be 4 figures like last year?

Or are even more coming as we progress through 2022?

There are other dino/prehistoric figures in development.

Whether they get revealed/released in 2022 depends on how many bumps in the road are encountered along the way.

Dinoxels

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 02, 2022, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on May 02, 2022, 12:34:34 AM
Reveals will be all week long.
Oh, we're getting multiple dinoaurs this week?
Yes. I find it funny that hardly anyone in here is mentioning my involvement in the reveals lol. I own all 3 figures being revealed this week, so stay tuned to my Instagram to see the images of them I post.
Quote from: Shane on May 02, 2022, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 02, 2022, 02:39:05 PM
3 reveals, so that means the total 2022 prehistorics roster will be 4 figures like last year?

Or are even more coming as we progress through 2022?

There are other dino/prehistoric figures in development.

Whether they get revealed/released in 2022 depends on how many bumps in the road are encountered along the way.
As Shane said, please be patient. There are more coming later.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Thialfi

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels I mentioned it in my initial post about today's preview! Very curious and hyped, definitely checking your account religiously tomorrow 👀

And great to hear more might come! I am honestly already very satisfied with four figures though, especially considering the circumstances of our world.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Primeval12 on May 02, 2022, 04:57:20 PM
Looks like a tyrannosaur. An Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus maybe? Both would replace retired species.
Looks too big for an Albertosaurine. Their Daspletosaurus is thinner than that I think

Concavenator

Yep, pretty confident that's a tyrannosaur. I would say it's either Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus. I'm personally hoping for an Alberto, but Gorgo seems to be the more popular genus nowadays...

bmathison1972

Well, Safari theropods are my favorite, so as long as it's a genus I don't already have (which I doubt given when I started in with dinos), I am sure to get it :)

Gwangi

There aren't too many large theropods that would get me excited but a Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus definitely would.  8)

SpartanSquat

Well its a tyrannosaur for the 2 fingers. Im thinking its a gorgosaurus or albertosaurus. The other hand is could be a new accurate tyrannosaurus rex, like a featherless version of the feathered one

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: RolandEden on May 02, 2022, 11:15:39 PM
Well its a tyrannosaur for the 2 fingers. Im thinking its a gorgosaurus or albertosaurus. The other hand is could be a new accurate tyrannosaurus rex, like a featherless version of the feathered one
This year's a bad one to be releasing a Rex. You have Rebor, GR Toys, EoFauna, etc.

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 03, 2022, 02:51:34 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on May 02, 2022, 11:15:39 PM
This year's a bad one to be releasing a Rex. You have Rebor, GR Toys, EoFauna, etc.

Safari has much wider distribution than any of those companies, so if they are releasing a new T. rex, it should sell very well. That said, I would prefer Albertosaurus or some other tyrannosaurid that hasn't received very many toys. We shall see.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Hopefully it's not the Daspletosaurus repainted and being reused as another tyrannosaur.  :P I would like to think that I'm kidding, but Safari did repaint their bearded dragon into a flat-headed rock agama. Don't even get me started.

Fembrogon

Yeeaaaah, that agama was a very underwhelming reveal. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that with such a new model as the Das, though.

SenSx

Yes if the pose of this new figure is the one we also get on a flat surface...it reminds a lot of the Daspletosaurus, could be just a repaint  :-\

Dinoxels

All of you are so pessimistic, this is a new Dinosaur and sculpt.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

Quote from: Dinoxels on May 03, 2022, 10:54:51 AM
All of you are so pessimistic, this is a new Dinosaur and sculpt.

The pessimism is not unwarranted. The 2022 "Rock Agama" was a very disappointing reveal. If Safari wanted to get more mileage out of that sculpt, they could've easily repainted it into the hundreds of morphs of bearded dragons in the reptile trade.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Gwangi on May 03, 2022, 04:14:50 AM
Hopefully it's not the Daspletosaurus repainted and being reused as another tyrannosaur.  :P I would like to think that I'm kidding, but Safari did repaint their bearded dragon into a flat-headed rock agama. Don't even get me started.
Rock agamas are some of my favorite lizards so I was really excited for figure of it. But Safari's 'attempt' turned out to be the biggest dissapointment I ever felt since I started collecting...

Gwangi

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 03, 2022, 11:38:27 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 03, 2022, 04:14:50 AM
Rock agamas are some of my favorite lizards so I was really excited for figure of it. But Safari's 'attempt' turned out to be the biggest dissapointment I ever felt since I started collecting...

I felt the same way avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02, and I couldn't believe that Safari of all companies would pull something like that. I did a bit of venting about it on the Animal Toy Forum.

Don't worry avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels, I think Safari values its prehistoric line too much to pull a stunt like that. I'm just saying, it's not without precedent. We'll know soon enough.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: