News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MONARCH: Legacy of Monsters (AppleTV+ Original)

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 21, 2022, 08:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is that shot from the first episode?

Fembrogon

It looks like concept art to me, either for the show itself or recycled from the 2014 film.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2022, 04:40:36 AMIs that shot from the first episode?
Concept art from 2014 I think. I believe I saw it in the "Godzilla: The Art of Destruction" book.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah..bummer.

This show just better no skimp on the kaiju..that's the main draw,

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SpartanSquat

I have a feeling this show will be like Singular Point. I mean: Godzilla probably will be mentioned or appear in the beginning about the events of his battle against Mutos or flashback during the 50s and then he will appear in the final episodes. Also it gives us the opportunity to see other titans and expand the roster of monsters from this universe.

Gwangi

Kurt and Wyatt Russell? I hope that pans out, they're as big a draw as the kaiju. 

dragon53

GODZILLA AND TITANS---the cast and synopsis were released for the Apple TV+ live-action series. The synopsis says, "Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking new reality that monsters are real, the untitled Monsterverse series will explore one family's journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch."

Anna Sawai--Cate, a former schoolteacher and G-Day survivor who travels to Japan to settle family affairs but instead uncovers a family secret.
Kiersey Clemons--May, an American ex-pat with a roguish exterior that she uses to protect herself as well as others.
Joe Tippett--Tim, an office drone who dreams of secret agent adventure.
Elisa Lasowski--Duvall, an expert operative with unwavering confidence in herself and her skills.

Gwangi

SpartanSquat

From what I know: Both will play the same character, just Kurt will be the present one and Wyatt the same character in the past

Gwangi

Quote from: RolandEden on July 21, 2022, 09:00:06 PMFrom what I know: Both will play the same character, just Kurt will be the present one and Wyatt the same character in the past

Interested to see how this works out compared to digital de-aging.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Gwangi on July 21, 2022, 09:20:14 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on July 21, 2022, 09:00:06 PMFrom what I know: Both will play the same character, just Kurt will be the present one and Wyatt the same character in the past

If you see them, they look pretty similar, his son looks like his father in the days of trouble in little china movie.

Gwangi

Quote from: RolandEden on November 14, 2022, 12:39:13 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 21, 2022, 09:20:14 PM

If you see them, they look pretty similar, his son looks like his father in the days of trouble in little china movie.

Oh, I've seen him, in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and I agree with you.

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 10, 2023, 01:37:40 AM

I may have to get a trial or something to watch it. I hope there are a lot of monsters though.

dragon53

GODZILLA AND THE TITANS---executive producer Matt Shakman commented on if the Apple TV+ tv series will overlap with Legendary Pictures' Godzilla movies, "There is some overlap, though we were not heavily involved in talking about it with [GODZILLA VS. KONG director] Adam Wingard and his team. Legendary is the studio for our show, as well as for the films, and so they sort of sit at the juncture there between the two, and they have a mythology department there which is wonderful.
So they weigh in on how things might overlap, how certain creatures need to stay on one side or the other, and so there is a lot of conversation about it. But in terms of how closely the narratives overlap, it's not as involved to say, an MCU kind of Disney+ film crossover. It's less organized."

Blade-of-the-Moon

At least they are thinking of adding more monsters. I hope that means more Toho monsters.

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on February 10, 2023, 05:13:11 PMGODZILLA AND THE TITANS---executive producer Matt Shakman commented on if the Apple TV+ tv series will overlap with Legendary Pictures' Godzilla movies, "There is some overlap, though we were not heavily involved in talking about it with [GODZILLA VS. KONG director] Adam Wingard and his team. Legendary is the studio for our show, as well as for the films, and so they sort of sit at the juncture there between the two, and they have a mythology department there which is wonderful.
So they weigh in on how things might overlap, how certain creatures need to stay on one side or the other, and so there is a lot of conversation about it. But in terms of how closely the narratives overlap, it's not as involved to say, an MCU kind of Disney+ film crossover. It's less organized."

It's really simple: It's either canon to the Monsterverse, or it's not. Which is it? You can't have both.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: