News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MONARCH: Legacy of Monsters (AppleTV+ Original)

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 21, 2022, 08:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

"We're thrilled to announce the #Monsterverse is expanding with an all-new original live action series for
@AppleTVPlus
featuring #Godzilla and the Titans that will explore the mythic legacy of a world in which monsters are real."

"Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking new reality that monsters are real, the untitled series explores one family's journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch."

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

Boooo, AppleTV+.

I'm glad to hear the Monsterverse is continuing in some form, however. After GvsK's success, it wouldn't have made sense to just quit entirely.

Dynomikegojira

Awesome I'm glad they got some new talent involved

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll wait at least for a couple episode reviews before I buy an Apple subscription for it.  Kinda surprised HBO didn't pick it up.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 21, 2022, 05:07:54 PM
I'll wait at least for a couple episode reviews before I buy an Apple subscription for it.  Kinda surprised HBO didn't pick it up.

Right? Seeing as how they distributed the movie. I don't have HBO or Apple so I'm SOL either way. Glad to see the franchise continue.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'll just hope it ends up on DVD or normal TV at some point because I'm not getting Apple TV there's nothing on it right now, and already have 3 others, not getting a 4th.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

MLMjp

I have an Apple TV so no issues for me.  ;D

I feel like I should be super excited since they are continuing the monsterverse, and not with media following Kong, but Godzilla. But despite being interested, I dont feel that excitement, maybe is just my current mood.

Brocc21

Little disappointed to see it's on some streaming service I don't have/haven't heard of/don't want. But it's nice to know the series is continuing.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on January 21, 2022, 10:14:39 PM

Right? Seeing as how they distributed the movie. I don't have HBO or Apple so I'm SOL either way. Glad to see the franchise continue.

You can do what I've done. Wait til the whole series is released, get it for a trial period, binge it then cancel.  Kinda sucks but it works.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 01:27:48 AM

You can do what I've done. Wait til the whole series is released, get it for a trial period, binge it then cancel.  Kinda sucks but it works.

That's probably what I will do, it wouldn't be the first time. I got HBO to watch Godzilla vs. Kong and then immediately canceled it after watching the movie. Same with Peacock and Halloween Kills.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on January 22, 2022, 01:59:24 PM

That's probably what I will do, it wouldn't be the first time. I got HBO to watch Godzilla vs. Kong and then immediately canceled it after watching the movie. Same with Peacock and Halloween Kills.

There's a new pirate comedy coming to HBO so I might try it again soon lol

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 05:00:09 PM

This is the first I've heard of that, I'll have to look into it. I've got a thing for pirates, sailing, anything nautical really.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on January 22, 2022, 05:17:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 05:00:09 PM

This is the first I've heard of that, I'll have to look into it. I've got a thing for pirates, sailing, anything nautical really.

Same here!  It's called "Our Flag Means Death" a comedic take on the piratical life of Stede Bonnett. There is a trailer out too.

Over9K

It's going to be interesting to see how they balance expensive monster effects against the need to keep costs realistic. I'm assuming this is intended to be a bit of a tentpole for the service, a huge spectacle to draw in new subscribers. There will certainly be a delta between how much it's costing, and how much it's 'earning' them.

I have a feeling this is going to be mostly a Monarch/Apex soap opera, with a little monster action sprinkled around. Think more 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' and less LOKI.

'Our Flag Means Death' not withstanding, piracy is going to be a real issue for AppleTV and this series. Doesn't take too long to find people on FB saying there's no way in hell they'll pay for this, when they can just fire up the VPN and hit some RAR or Torrent site, and watch for free. The show won't last long if it isn't earning.

The development should be interesting...

Fembrogon

I spent a free trial on Apple TV in 2020 so I could watch Wolfwalkers, and even just trying to cancel the subscription turned into a hassle. I'm happy for more Monsterverse content (hopefully better written than the last two films were), but Apple TV is a gross choice of streaming site, imo.

dragon53

MONARCH---Kurt Russell and his son, Wyatt, are reportedly being sought to star in the Legendary Pictures/Toho Godzilla tv series on Apple TV+. Kurt Russell would play "Old Lee Shaw" set in 2015 after the San Francisco battle in the 2014 GODZILLA. Wyatt would play "Young Lee Shaw", a "a military leading man type", in the 1950s/1960s era.

Dynomikegojira

Just a rumor it's not from the actual trades but if true I'm down for it.

dragon53

That's why I used "reportedly".

I once posted on another forum that Kurt Russell was flying his plane with his son, maybe Wyatt, when he was possibly the first person to report the giant UFO that flew over Phoenix, Arizona.

dragon53

GODZILLA---Matt Shakman (WANDAVISION) is the executive producer and will direct the first two episodes of the Apple TV+ live-action tv series which is described as, "Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking new reality that monsters are real, the untitled Monsterverse series will explore one family's journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch."

Dynomikegojira

A marvelous addition no pun intended.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: