News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

ANCESTORS Models - new for 2022

Started by Fembrogon, February 03, 2022, 12:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Thanks for the update, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator; I'll update the OP again. These guys are staying busy!

As described in the above page, "Hank Jr." is available now in both painted and unpainted versions. The figure also comes with the second piece for the build-up Velafrons model, the first piece of which was released with the Edmontosaurus.

GojiraGuy1954

Velafrons is an odd species to make into a buildable figure.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

The Ancestors Edmontosaurus Annectens has arrived! No doubt a gorgeous figure!

The head of the Velafrons came with it. I don't intend to do the build as you buy thing here, so perhaps this will make a decent prey accessory with a little modification.

Spoiler

Obligatory T. rex comparison

It makes Safari's look tiny!

And here it is next to CollectA's latest offering. I think it's safe to say that I prefer Ancestor's take!

And for the Jurassic collectors, there it is with the Primal Attack Edmontosaurus!
[close]

Duna

Although they are all very good figures, it makes them all look like the toys they are. Congrats and thank you for the pics!

Fembrogon

Edmontosaurus looks positively beautiful - without a doubt the best figure of the genus on the market! (granted, it's a different species than Safari's or Collecta's...)

I do wish the model was available for a lower price than it was, but it definitely looks like buyers will get a genuinely perfect figure, so that's certainly impressive.

Carnoking

A couple of notes

-The main body is actually hollow! I know these are 3D printed but I was a little surprised by how light the figure is.

-It's also a little on the brittle side. Mine had some cracks that needed to be glued and filled but I'm sure that's a result of poor handling at customs/shipping.

Still, a gorgeous figure that I am very excited to have.

Thialfi

As much as I liked the edmontosaurus, this doesn't do it for me. Looks like a strangely proportioned monster instead of an actual animal.

Lynx

Another example of JWD poisoning how the media sees a certain dinosaur
An oversized house cat.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Lynx on June 06, 2022, 01:46:26 PMAnother example of JWD poisoning how the media sees a certain dinosaur

I think that's the point. They've already made several designs that are pretty explicitly JW replicas (Giganotosaurus and Pyroraptor). This is just more of the same.

I'm sure aping JW sells models for these smaller companies. Hard to blame them, movie collectors spend money. In a perfect world, they help fund these smaller creators who eventually produce more models like the Edmontosaurus.

Lynx

Quote from: paintingdinos on June 06, 2022, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 06, 2022, 01:46:26 PMAnother example of JWD poisoning how the media sees a certain dinosaur

I think that's the point. They've already made several designs that are pretty explicitly JW replicas (Giganotosaurus and Pyroraptor). This is just more of the same.

I'm sure aping JW sells models for these smaller companies. Hard to blame them, movie collectors spend money. In a perfect world, they help fund these smaller creators who eventually produce more models like the Edmontosaurus.

Ah, alright. Looking at past pictures shown here, I did not know they made JW figures.
An oversized house cat.

Fembrogon

Yeah, good toy, ugly creature design, much like the Mattel figure. If it helps them produce more models like the Edmonto, though, so be it.

I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be a Denversaurus in the works too...

Flaffy

Are they still accepting orders for the Edmontosaurus?

Fembrogon

This is coming in late, but the 2nd batch of Edmontosaurs was confirmed a couple of weeks ago with the promise of news for waves 3 and 4 soon.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRrbWqlciZ/
QuoteI am pleased to announce that the 2nd batch of edmontosaurus is about to be finished, so I will be contacting those from the 2nd batch to be able to send them their edmont. Those who belong to the 3rd batch your edmontos have already entered in production as shown in the image so soon I will be announcing the update about the 3rd and 4th batch do not despair We want that each of our figures has the same quality and arrives in the best possible conditions
I'd recommend contacting them directly for requests on orders.

Meanwhile, here's their update on the Therizinosaurus from last week:
instagram page
Facebook (The Guanlong Store)
QuoteTherizinosaurus presale has started‼️
Therizinosaurus cheloniformis (Kaiamunu)
Line:Dinosaurs Beasts
escale:1/35(22cm long/15cm tall)
Price:60 USD painted version 50 USD unpainted version
If you want to have a copy, you must follow these steps: if you want to get the unpainted version, the only thing you will have to do is pay the price of 50 usd plus shipping, in the case of the painted version you will first have to  pay a presale of 30 dollars and when it is finished the remaining amount will be deposited, that is 30 usd, 14 usd plus shipping costs.

Fembrogon

The next teaser swimming in:

QuoteSomething is coming.....🦖
Elite ancestors collection number 1

Facebook
instagram

Fembrogon

QuoteElite ancestors collection "Hank"

Tianosaurio rex científicamente preciso

Aquí les muestro la figura que estará estrenando nuestra nueva línea (Colección de ancestros Elite), la preventa comenzará en unos días con todas las especificaciones y precio. Este es uno de los posterd que vendrán con ella.

Elite ancestors collection 1 "Hank"

Scientifically accurate tyrannosaurus rex

Here I show you the figure that will be premiering our new line (Elite ancestors collection), the preorder is going to start in a few days with all the specifications and price.This is one of the posters that will come with it.

Facebook link
instagram link

Fembrogon

Another update!

QuoteElite ancestors collection 1 "Hank"
Here are more views of the model (1/35) that will come in the swim pose and come with an extra base and 3 posters
Elite Ancestors collection 1 "Hank"❗️
Here are more views of the model(1/35) that will come in the swimming pose and will come with an added base and 3 posters

Facebook link
instagram link

Thialfi

Fembrogon

It looks like they've gone for a blend of traits between Prehistoric Planet's modeling and Walking with Dinosaurs's coloration, which I think looks great! I'm sure it will complement their Edmontosaurus nicely.

Pliosaurking

This Rex looks great!
Honestly I'm glad they choose this pose as this would pair great with a swimming spinosaurus figure! (or a mosasaur!)

Mellow Stego

I'm just trying think of the best way to display that Rex.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: