News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

ANCESTORS Models - new for 2022

Started by Fembrogon, February 03, 2022, 12:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2022, 01:49:19 PM
By the way, what material is that edmontosaurus made of? It looks like PVC. Just to inform me, he is a highly interesting figure. They seem to be resin figures and I have not obtained information about the material in which these ANCESTORS models are made, this new line is promising. Like PNSO dinosaurs and prehistoric animals cost a lot for the high quality of those figures. This Italian company is going to give a lot to talk about.
No, they are not Italian, they are Mexican. Italians talked about them in a Youtube direct.
The material is polymeric resin.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on February 05, 2022, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2022, 01:49:19 PM
By the way, what material is that edmontosaurus made of? It looks like PVC. Just to inform me, he is a highly interesting figure. They seem to be resin figures and I have not obtained information about the material in which these ANCESTORS models are made, this new line is promising. Like PNSO dinosaurs and prehistoric animals cost a lot for the high quality of those figures. This Italian company is going to give a lot to talk about.
No, they are not Italian, they are Mexican. Italians talked about them in a Youtube direct.
The material is polymeric resin.

Good to know in this case unfortunately I will refrain from buying them. They are very nice on the other hand I apologize to the company for confusing them with an Italian one. They are Mexican because they have an outstanding quality, well they are made of resin, that says it all.

Fembrogon

Supposedly polymeric resin is similar to vinyl in construct; the intent is to have models that are resistant to warping and falling down over time, especially if displayed in sunlight.
I have no experience I can think of with models in this material, so if someone else can attest to the validity of these claims, it's be welcome.

(Thanks a lot, by the way, avatar_Duna @Duna, for your translations on the previous page)

Duna

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 05, 2022, 05:30:13 PM
Supposedly polymeric resin is similar to vinyl in construct; the intent is to have models that are resistant to warping and falling down over time, especially if displayed in sunlight.
I have no experience I can think of with models in this material, so if someone else can attest to the validity of these claims, it's be welcome.

(Thanks a lot, by the way, avatar_Duna @Duna, for your translations on the previous page)
You are welcome! You did the most work, I had very few things to add to that.  ^-^

Fembrogon

Although I regrettably had to back out of my order for Patrick (I grossly misunderstood the pricing), I'll try to keep this thread updated with news regarding the line. I've edited the OP to hopefully fix a lot of broken images, plus some additional photos regarding old and new releases.

There's a video review for Patrick the Edmontosaurus on the Guanlong Store's Facebook page, for those with accounts (it doesn't seem linked anywhere else, sorry):
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=1023111338245191

A new figure has also been revealed: Moros intrepidus, based on the "Prologue" for Jurassic World: Dominion and slated to release in March. I'm not quite sure which series it's supposed to be part of.

Quote from: The Guanlong Store
New figure of Ancestors ❗❗
It is a pleasure to announce to you the figure that our brand Ancestors will be making for the Dinosaur Beasts line for pre-year (March), nothing more and nothing less than the Moros intrepidus of the Cedar Mountain formation
Our Moros will be on a 1/18 scale and will have a base inspired by prologue.

https://www.facebook.com/THEGUANLONGSTORE/posts/326324132758465
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ0FAdZrhMD/

Fembrogon

ANCESTORS is joining the new Tyrannosaurus bandwagon:

Quote from: ANCESTORS ModelsSurely you have noticed the recent news about the new study proposal on the species in which tyrannosaurus is divided, so in this image we show you what our ancestors' Tyrannosaurus imperator will be based on the sue FMNH PR2081 specimen at 1/35 scale that will arrive in July this year
QuotePostcript: The production of the Edmontosaurus Patrick continues and they are about to be painted.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CakwQ3dFI5H/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

They actually have two T. models in the works:

QuoteAs you have seen before, we have already collaborated with our friends from Archia art and this time it is a pleasure to announce that the first figure of the brand is already in progress in collaboration with ancestors, nothing more and nothing less than the 1/35 scale Tyrannosaurus rex based on in stan's holotype.
https://www.facebook.com/THEGUANLONGSTORE/posts/334654831925395

Mattyonyx

Fun story: we were talking about the Tyrannosaurus paper on a Twitch live stream, and just when we were talking about Eofauna teasing Sue/T. imperator, Ancestors shared the images, so we talked about them too!

Duna

Quote from: Mattyonyx on March 02, 2022, 03:16:54 PM
Fun story: we were talking about the Tyrannosaurus paper on a Twitch live stream, and just when we were talking about Eofauna teasing Sue/T. imperator, Ancestors shared the images, so we talked about them too!
:)) :))

If Eofauna does a T. imperator, there would be 2 figures, so that's great. Theirs will be the first, no doubt. But I think Sue's head looks too small ... I'm not sure if it is because of the angle or the flufliness. The other Tyrannosaurus rex figure has a better proportionate head. The feathering looks perfectly placed where it probably was if it had. The amount of that is uncertain, it could be like that or much more scarce (as elefants).

Halichoeres

Just what the world needed: an excuse to make even more Ty***nosaurus.  ::)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

thedeadlymoose

Absolutely ludicrous. But I truly don't mind -- what a figure! I love the pose and feathering.

Despite all the silliness, this sure is shaping up to be a year of "actually good Tyrannosaurus figures." (For my personal taste at least!)

The last time I had any interest in a Tyrannosaurus figure was the Safari feathered Rex -- still my favorite in both paint jobs.

Now I'm anticipating at least four (assuming Eofauna's looks as good as all their other models).

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 03, 2022, 12:43:10 PM

Everyone is talking about T.imperator these days thinking about Tyrannosaurus imperator but no one is talking about the awesome Tupandactylus imperator:'(

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on March 03, 2022, 08:00:49 PM

Everyone is talking about T.imperator these days thinking about Tyrannosaurus imperator but no one is talking about the awesome Tupandactylus imperator:'(
Tell me about it. It reminds me of everyone thinking of Tyrannosaurus rex when they hear T.rex but nobody thinks about the wonderful Tyrannasorus rex
Spoiler

Concavenator

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 05, 2022, 03:46:09 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 03, 2022, 08:00:49 PM

Tell me about it. It reminds me of everyone thinking of Tyrannosaurus rex when they hear T.rex but nobody thinks about the wonderful Tyrannasorus rex
Spoiler

Poor beetle...so close yet so far to fame...

Fembrogon

I do lament this figure ended up falling outside my affordable range; it's clearly an exquisite model and one deserving to become a centerpiece in any collection.

Duna

Oh, it's so good! And large. I love it.

Fembrogon

Thanks for posting the update, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi; I've added Pyroraptor to the first post. Here's the instagram post for the figure as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc9fRwMsEbk/

The first batch of 10 Edmontosaurs was also completed last week:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcoWBqML8mD/

Quote from:
ancestors.models
The first batch of Edmontosaurus is finished. ‼️‼️

The wait has come to an end, the first 10 edmontosaurus are already finished and ready to be sent, I will be contacting those who reserved their preorder so that I can send them to you. For those of the second batch dont worry soon will have and update

Concavenator

Duna

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: