News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd Velociraptor

Started by MesozoicJohn, February 04, 2022, 10:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I have been making a 'pack' of 6 Safari Ltd Velociraptors for my display.
They are really nice models, one of my favorite Safari's. I have changed tail and head positions using Sue's hair dryer and have repainted each one, slightly, to make them all look different.
Here is a photo of 3 of them (including the Alpha 'Black Back'), pictured along side one of my Papo customised feathered Velociraptors.

John :)

RobinGoodfellow

..just a personal opinion: maybe a single thread with all your customized figures could be easy to view than a new thread for each of them..  ^-^
Regards  :)

andrewsaurus rex

that's nice work but I wonder if they should be called a 'flock' instead of a pack.

stoneage

The pose of the feathered Velociraptor reminds me of the Bullyland and Papo figures.

Shonisaurus

You have done a great job, those poses of the Safari velociraptors with their head modifications have been great but above all his Papo counterpart is perhaps the most striking those striking colors combining red or vermilion, green and white in the protofeathers and feathers have left to figure great. On the other hand, custom bases are a work of art. If I had your same mastery when it comes to modeling I would also put all my theropods or bipedal prehistoric animals with those custom bases and I would also modify the horrible seams in some cases, not all of them because of the articulated jaws or body parts articulated and would remove the identification seals of said company as you brilliantly do. What a great job and how relaxing it is! My congratulations.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.