News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Johannes' Beauty Shots

Started by JohannesB, February 06, 2022, 10:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Deleted

SidB

Nice, I like them - rather unique, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB .

Shonisaurus

You have from my honest point of view the best corythosaurus and iguanodon made by any toy brand to date. PNSO is an unstoppable brand of toy dinosaurs and/or collectibles. My congratulations.

JohannesB

Deleted

CARN0TAURUS

These are very nice, I like how the lighting changes from figure to figure.  One lit from above, the second one from behind and the Tyrannosaurs appear to have multiple light sources.  Plus the backgrounds slightly differ in color value too.  You used a digital background but what I'd like to know is how you eliminated the real back drop?  Did you use like a green screen set up or did the software just let you cut out and paste the image?  Have you considered cutting and pasting these onto nature back drops?  It might be trickier with the ones with a base tho.

MesozoicJohn

I really like those photo's, always nice to see some thing different, especially when it is so well executed.

John :)

JohannesB

Deleted

JohannesB

Deleted

JohannesB

Deleted

JohannesB

Deleted

Shonisaurus

Nice photos of the tyrannosaruus from W-Dragon and PNSO. It is honestly good that you have made a comparison between the tyrannosaurus of a scientific brand and another based on the JP / JW dinosaurs. Superb photos and figures. Congratulations.

JohannesB

Deleted

Shonisaurus

Nice photo how do you do it? Those colored backgrounds are wonderful. On the other hand that Sega triceratops is very nice.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: JohannesB on February 08, 2022, 03:31:24 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 08, 2022, 02:56:58 PM
These are very nice, I like how the lighting changes from figure to figure.  One lit from above, the second one from behind and the Tyrannosaurs appear to have multiple light sources.  Plus the backgrounds slightly differ in color value too.  You used a digital background but what I'd like to know is how you eliminated the real back drop?  Did you use like a green screen set up or did the software just let you cut out and paste the image?  Have you considered cutting and pasting these onto nature back drops?  It might be trickier with the ones with a base tho.
;

Well, to be honest, avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, I am just doing the lighting and photographing 'on the fly'. I am just winging it, in a way, because I have no permanent photography set-up or studio. Lighting varies as well, because of that fact. There is only a simple process of colouring/filling in around the figure left. I do use a makeshift 'green screen' set up. I could make the background colour more consistently the same, but I am kind of chaotic and impatient in my work, so they end up looking different (mostly because I realize I need to adjust hue and/or saturation in the picture, which changes the shade of the colour in the background). Again, in a word: I am winging it ;D

Sounds like what I do with repaints ;D  these are pleasant to look at, I especially like the green one, one could even use these as desktop background for the computer.

Halichoeres

Oh no, I missed this thread when it was new and it looks like the images are hosted on Facebook? They must have reset the image URLs, because I can't see anything!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 20, 2022, 06:26:42 PM
Oh no, I missed this thread when it was new and it looks like the images are hosted on Facebook? They must have reset the image URLs, because I can't see anything!

Neither can I.

JohannesB

JohannesB

JohannesB

Thialfi

Wish I could see the images still!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: