News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Crackington on February 28, 2023, 10:34:38 PMAgree with SidB, what a great find! Love the pictures - some real beauts there. There's something very cinematic about them, the Smilodon reminds me of Christopher Lee and I think there's a new species on the cover, Iguanodon Fonzarelli. Great stuff!

True, the scenes are all very much in action. Haha I think I get what you're playing at here and there are definitely resemblances  ;D  ;D

TooOldForDinosaurs

Owning a bronze has always been a huge dream of mine. Something about the material that outlasts generations to come and gains in beauty over time just fascinates me. It's high end, it's majestic and it just radiates this imposing museum-aura.

While bronze scultpures by Michael Trcic or casts by David Krentz were and will always be something that I will only admire through a picture, PNSOs smaller limited bronze offerings from 2 years ago brought my dream more into reach. Still very expensive but not unattainable and something that I could work towards.

Recently I was able to fulfill this dream and finally order myself one of the Shanshan the Gigantoraptors while they are still available (- as I understand it, there are only 40 statues being sold outside of mainland china). The parcel shipped very fast, for free and I luckily didn't have to pay any import fees (I never have to if I order from PNSO over Aliexpress and I'm still not sure why...).

I can't describe my level of excitement when I came home to the parcel and got to opening the noble packaging. And man, I am so thrilled and happy about this statue. It has already gotten the exclusive place on my nightstand.

Since I haven't seen any in hand photos anywhere, I really tried my best to get some good photos that do the beauty of this art piece justice.

Measurements:
Length: ~20cm
Hight: ~16cm
Width: ~9cm
Weight: ~1.25kg

I got number 119/200. I love the inscription "To those who ignore other's judgement".

The claws are very sharp and pointy - I've pinched myself multiple times handling the figure.

No thieving rapscallion - just a happy, caring mother.

To top it off, the measurements of the sculpt put this statue in the 1:35 range and it scales wonderfully with my other feathered giants from PNSO.

I am so grateful to be able to allow myself purchases like this and pursue a (sometimes) so costly hobby.

ceratopsian

I have one too.  It lives on the chest of drawers in my dressing room. There's something special about having a bronze!  Every now and then I run my fingers over it just for the feel of the metal.

TooOldForDinosaurs

ceratopsian

It's a beautiful piece. I find the nest protection subject appealing. The genus Gigantoraptor also reminds me of visiting (twice) the Dinosaurs of China exhibition curated by our own avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum a few years ago now. Happy memories!  And like you, I rather like the PNSO motto. It seems very appropriate for collectors of dinosaur models!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 05, 2023, 08:26:55 PMIt's a beautiful piece. I find the nest protection subject appealing. The genus Gigantoraptor also reminds me of visiting (twice) the Dinosaurs of China exhibition curated by our own avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum a few years ago now. Happy memories!  And like you, I rather like the PNSO motto. It seems very appropriate for collectors of dinosaur models!

It really is. The bronze even sounds lovely when you run over it with your fingers. That is true haha.

Duna

What a lovely piece! I would love to handle it, too!! Congrats!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Halichoeres

Ooh, that's a beauty. Nice to be able to treat yourself now and again, isn't it? I hope it brings you years of enjoyment!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congratulations on what I expect is the new centrepiece of your collection. That is some high quality there.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

TooOldForDinosaurs

When I reached out a few weeks ago on the forum, asking if anyone might be selling this model (or rather "these models"), I figured my chances were slim to none. That is, since I had been on-off actively hunting and looking for them for multiple years now. I'm speaking of the two Iguanodons from the Favorite/ Kinto Desktop "Oldies" series.

But what do you know. I did not have to wait long until the fantastic avatar_UK @UK reached out to me and it didn't take all that much longer either until one of the models - the Neave Parker 1950 version - arrived at my doorstep. Wow! What a model. It's without a doubt the most aesthetic embodiment of the all-too-well-known artwork by Parker. Straight out of the picture - I love it.

I present to you the tripod-chicken-feet-thumbs-up-muscle-lizard

And next to the original:

A big ,,Thank you" to avatar_UK @UK for reaching out and giving this fella a new home with me.

SidB

Congratulations, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , for getting hold of this classic.

TooOldForDinosaurs

ceratopsian

That is such an evocative model. Congratulations! 

Halichoeres

Not a model you see very often! I wonder why Favorite never makes stuff like this anymore. Anyway, nice get!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Yes beautiful model - Neave Parker lives!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Here's a recent acquisition. Arrived yesterday at my doorstep. The Tianzhenosaurus by Haolonggood. In hand he/she looks even better than on the photos. I'm happy I picked the green version. :)

And heres a snapshot I posted on my Instagram from Biber and Rook - just because I like it so much.  O:-)

Bread

Really liking your collection and recent acquisitions!

That Tianzhenosaurus looks wonderful purched up on that rock base! Where was that acquired? Also, the trees/foliage in the Stegosaurus pic? These just bring the figures to life!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Thank you! The bases are both part of other figures. The rock came with SenSens Xenoceratops and the base in the Stegosaur picture is from the Nanmu Shunosaurus family scene. The tree in the background is a cheap fake Bonsai tree from IKEA. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: