News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

So I made a video showcasing my (current) collection. Below you find only a few photos out of the video.
Next week there will be added the Invicta Ichtyosaur and Liopleurodon to my collection which I was able to score on eBay for only a few Euros each. So yay - more marine reptiles!  :))

The video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwN681WWYRU

My holy grail the Toyway Ophthalmosaurus smiling into the camera in front of my Battat collection:

Speaking of which:

My BBB (Beloved Big Bois):

The Bullyland Paratypothorax and Mastodonsaurus in the background:

ceratopsian

An admirable collection. The Toyway Ophthalmosaurus is a beauty.

Libraraptor

Thanks for sharing! I espied many real gems!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 18, 2022, 11:24:06 AM
An admirable collection. The Toyway Ophthalmosaurus is a beauty.

Thank you! He really is, his colours make him stand out so much!

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor I'm glad I could share. Hoping to be adding some more to it in the future :)

Roselaar

Wonderful collection! Some outstanding figures (not to mention rare too)!

Gwangi

The Toyway Ophthalmosaurus might have the single best paintjob of any marine reptile toy. I can definitely understand why you like it so much. I wish I had one of my own!

BlueKrono

Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2022, 02:24:38 PM
The Toyway Ophthalmosaurus might have the single best paintjob of any marine reptile toy. I can definitely understand why you like it so much. I wish I had one of my own!

I quite agree. I don't even collect Ichthyosaurs and I got this one for exactly that reason. It's a beaut.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Roselaar on February 18, 2022, 01:46:34 PM
Wonderful collection! Some outstanding figures (not to mention rare too)!

Thank you! Yours isn't too bad either  ;) I saw your tour on YT a while back and was really impressed if not overwhelmed by the number and variety of beautiful figures and toys you own!

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Let's hope some more of these beauties find their way to eBay!

Duna

Congrats for your collection, you have some gems there! And what I like even more, you have some of the best vintage and actual figures, too, the best of the best.
I also agree on the Toyway ophtalmosaurus, is one of the best figures of all times.

Psittacoraptor

Great collection and what an adorable Ophthalmosaurus!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Bokisaurus

Wonderful collection, live the big ones since I'm a sauropod fan😃
And those classics Battat!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 18, 2022, 04:43:26 PM

Thanks! Oh yeah! For me it's marine reptiles and sauropods. Canˋt wait for the EoFauna Diplodocus to finally be released and hopefully I can get my hands on the two big Carnegie ones for an affordable price in the future as well!  ^-^ I would love to get more sauropod figures from Safari or Collecta but tbh. I'm not a big fan of many that they are offering. I'm also torn about the upcoming Patagotitan - not very overwhelmed by the pictures. There are many sauropod figures I'm missing because I don't just wanna get the figures to have one of the species just for the sake of having it. I want them to be beautiful like the Carnegie Amargasaurus.  ::)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Welcome, that is a stunning collection, live the Batat especially, also the Bullyland and WWD in there  and some nice moderns too.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 18, 2022, 06:50:44 PM
Welcome, that is a stunning collection, live the Batat especially, also the Bullyland and WWD in there  and some nice moderns too.

Thank you very much!

Faelrin

Beautiful collection you have there. Really nice seeing all those older Battat figures as well as that charming WWD Ophthalmosaurus. Welcome to the forum too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm glad you like my collection!  ^-^

Bokisaurus

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 18, 2022, 05:25:12 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 18, 2022, 04:43:26 PM

Thanks! Oh yeah! For me it's marine reptiles and sauropods. Canˋt wait for the EoFauna Diplodocus to finally be released and hopefully I can get my hands on the two big Carnegie ones for an affordable price in the future as well!  ^-^ I would love to get more sauropod figures from Safari or Collecta but tbh. I'm not a big fan of many that they are offering. I'm also torn about the upcoming Patagotitan - not very overwhelmed by the pictures. There are many sauropod figures I'm missing because I don't just wanna get the figures to have one of the species just for the sake of having it. I want them to be beautiful like the Carnegie Amargasaurus.  ::)

I can see how some sauropods from the earlier CollectA releases are not up to par, but some like the Daxiatitan and Bakadasaurus, and brontosaurus are nice despite their small size.
Safari's Malawisaurus is another little gem😃
Yeah, I like the old and small Carnegie Amarga, not really a big fan of the newer and much larger model.

Hopefully you can get PNSO very first models the huge Huangititan! That is one impressive model!😃

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 19, 2022, 05:08:47 AM
I can see how some sauropods from the earlier CollectA releases are not up to par, but some like the Daxiatitan and Bakadasaurus, and brontosaurus are nice despite their small size.
Safari's Malawisaurus is another little gem😃
Yeah, I like the old and small Carnegie Amarga, not really a big fan of the newer and much larger model.

Hopefully you can get PNSO very first models the huge Huangititan! That is one impressive model!😃

The Bajadasaurus and the Malawisaurus are actually the two ones that I'll probably end up getting sooner or later, maybe together with the patagotitan to save some shipping. First I hoped that maybe another company would tackle the Bajada in a bit more interesting colour sheme but that could take some time.  :)

I was really hoping to get that Huanghetitan and searching actively for it in the past. Though the ones left in new condition on ebay cost too much money for one figure for me unfortunately but maybe I will be able to buy a used one somewhere sometime.

ceratopsian

I hired an artist to repaint the Bajadasaurus for me.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.