News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Ah that's interesting, thanks! I knew about another figure having the same paint scheme but didn't know about where it probably originated from. :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

I thought about waiting to make one big awesome post about all my new acquisitions but I coulnd't wait to post about it. I've acquired 5 new figures (of which two incredible exciting ones are still on the way ;D) that I want to share - one even being a rather unsuspected addition for me.

Let's start with one that I announced; the beautiful GR toys Dicraeosaurus:

Next up: the Carnegie Brachiosaurus! Literally only a day after me talking about this figure on my Carnegie Diplodocus update post (about it still being on the wishlist and how I've been actively searching for it with eBay notifications for the past half year) it was put up for sale by the same seller - I guess I should ask next time if theres more...
Well finally it joined my collection and brings some nice color variation to my rather green-brown-dull looking sauropod display on my desk.

And last but not least: my first double - the Toyway Ophti
I have never ever had the motivation or urge to get two of the same figure - not even for multiple color variations... But when this girl - in my opinion still the most beautiful figure that I have in my collection - popped up in my newly listed feed for 25£ in pristine condition, I didn't hesitate a minute to pull the trigger on this purchase. It just came over me  ::) . It took only a few days to arrive and now the two of them share a prominent place on my desk together - I am absolutely in love with them:

I can't wait to share the other two figures as soon as they arrive! One of them will probably even make it into a/ my second review on YT - i'll have to see about that.  ^-^

Duna

What can be better that a Toyway ophtalmosaurus? TWO, of course!  ;D and at such a good price. Probably one of the best figures of all times, mine is on display at the front in the shelf, so she catches all glimpses which she deserves.
Congrats on the other two, the best dicraeosaurus figure ever made (with permission of the nice Invicta) and that piece of history that is the Carnegie brachio.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Duna on March 27, 2022, 09:13:12 PM
What can be better that a Toyway ophtalmosaurus? TWO, of course!  ;D

Those were exactly my thoughts haha  :)) I further thought about arranging some kind of display of the both swimming/ diving around some corals. I just have to find some good transparent/ translucent stands (like the ones from some Invicta figures) and some good looking coral figures.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, the dicraeosaurus from GR Toys is honestly cooler than its counterpart quetzalcoaltus, it's a great figure and I can say the same for the rest, it's good that you've acquired another opthalmosaurus from WWD it's a figure that has become rare when it comes to find it in online stores like ebay.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you! I prefer this little sauropod of theirs over the Quetzal too. As for the WWD Ophthalmosaurus - I love this figure so much, that I won't even stop at 2. If I happen to come across more individuals in good condition and for a good price in the future, I will pick them up - even if I will/ would have to resell some other figures in order to get it.  8)

ceratopsian

The Ophthalmosauri make a brilliant pair. Love the green version of the Dicraeosaurus too. It's an aesthetically satisfying model.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 28, 2022, 04:03:39 PM
The Ophthalmosauri make a brilliant pair. Love the green version of the Dicraeosaurus too. It's an aesthetically satisfying model.
They do!
I had a hard time deciding on the color there but I think I made the right choice since a lot of my other sauropods are brownish.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I kind of had the opposite, I like the green version more, but most of my sauropods are green, so I sent for the brown one.
The Carnegie Brachiosaurus being one of those green sauropods.
Congrats on all of your lovely acquisitions.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 28, 2022, 09:28:51 PM
I kind of had the opposite, I like the green version more, but most of my sauropods are green, so I sent for the brown one.
The Carnegie Brachiosaurus being one of those green sauropods.
Congrats on all of your lovely acquisitions.

Thank you! All those greens and browns :D i wish there was more to choose from rather than just having to balance those 2 colors

TooOldForDinosaurs

IT FINALLY ARRIVED :o ! I am so stoked to finally be in possession of a Battat Maiasaura - AAH what a figure! I absolutely love it! It is one of the two above mentioned "incredible exciting" figures that were/ are still on their way.

The hadrosaurs and iguanodontian

I had this much excitement over the arrival of this figure that I - since I knew that I wanted it to be my 2nd YT review - neglected all my study work that I shoudl've been doing today morning and filmed and edited the review instead. ;D O:-)

With this said here is my full review if you would like to watch it and I better get started on the work that is left to do...  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-NEdayMlE

ceratopsian

I enjoyed watching your video - nicely done.  As for the model - I completely share your excitement.  Yes, I have a Battat Diplodocus that cost me the proverbial arm and leg - and I still love it some years later.  But I'd be hard pressed to say which is the dearest to me, that or the Maiasaura.  I love its colour scheme too, yellow squiggles and all - they echo the yellow ridge down its back in a very aesthetically satisfying way.  It's quite unmistakable.  It's difficult to find representations of Maiasaura, which is a shame.  It's one of my favourite dinosaur species.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 01, 2022, 09:42:52 AM
I enjoyed watching your video - nicely done.  As for the model - I completely share your excitement.  Yes, I have a Battat Diplodocus that cost me the proverbial arm and leg - and I still love it some years later.  But I'd be hard pressed to say which is the dearest to me, that or the Maiasaura.  I love its colour scheme too, yellow squiggles and all - they echo the yellow ridge down its back in a very aesthetically satisfying way.  It's quite unmistakable.  It's difficult to find representations of Maiasaura, which is a shame.  It's one of my favourite dinosaur species.
Thank you! I'm happy to hear you liked it. I tried some new stuff with the genus profile on the side but I don't have too much experience editing  ;D. I don't know what I can add to the rest. You said everything that could have been said and I share my opinion on all of it!

SidB

Thanks, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , for this trip down the proverbial memory lane. I was a fortunate fellow to have found my Maisaura in a mixed lot of cheap-o-saurs at a Value Village in Toronto, over a decade ago, for about four dollars Canadian. Another small bag on the rack contained the Stegosaurus and the Ceratosaurus. Excitement! But the Maisaura was clearly the gem in the group.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on April 01, 2022, 02:18:30 PM
Thanks, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , for this trip down the proverbial memory lane. I was a fortunate fellow to have found my Maisaura in a mixed lot of cheap-o-saurs at a Value Village in Toronto, over a decade ago, for about four dollars Canadian. Another small bag on the rack contained the Stegosaurus and the Ceratosaurus. Excitement! But the Maisaura was clearly the gem in the group.
You're welcome  ;) Wow! I'm jealous. I wish those toys were more common in my degrees of longitude  ;D

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 01, 2022, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: SidB on April 01, 2022, 02:18:30 PM
You're welcome  ;) Wow! I'm jealous. I wish those toys were more common in my degrees of longitude  ;D
I've gotten 10 of the Battats that way. It's very satisfying, since, basically I've acquired them for nothing. I have all the others (with the exceptions of the Diplodocus and ultra-rare mini T-rex, which are priced out of my league - e.g., currently there are 3 Dippys on eBay or 650, 750 and 800 USD approximately), all of which I've gradually and patiently obtained from lots or other discount deals. It's been much fun.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on April 01, 2022, 10:08:54 PM
I've gotten 10 of the Battats that way. It's very satisfying, since, basically I've acquired them for nothing. It's been much fun.
I can imagine! I would love to do those thrift store-kind of dino hunting - that would be totally on my wavelenght.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Battat Maiasaura was my holy grail, was very pleased to have it, and from someone on here too.
Congrats on also amusing that beauty, it is is still special to me.
The Iguanodontian Ouranosaurus, which is constantly misidentified as a Hadrosaur, is another favourite of mine. Those 2 amd the Styracosaurus and Edmontonia are the 4 old Battat I really wanted and have.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 03, 2022, 04:31:47 PM
The Battat Maiasaura was my holy grail, was very pleased to have it, and from someone on here too.
Congrats on also amusing that beauty, it is is still special to me.
The Iguanodontian Ouranosaurus, which is constantly misidentified as a Hadrosaur, is another favourite of mine. Those 2 amd the Styracosaurus and Edmontonia are the 4 old Battat I really wanted and have.
Congrats! She is a real beauty. That reminds me - I think I still have an open thread on here where I've written to be looking for it, which I can now delete. Thanks for decently correcting me on that haha!  ;) I changed it in the photo caption but I believe I said that wrong in the video as well  :-X Well now I know!
I can definitely stand behind that choice, with 3 of those 4 species probably still being the definite model/ toy just because there are barely any contenders from other toy companies around.  :)

Shonisaurus

What a nice video! It enhances the beauty of that old figure I call it not vintage (for me they are Starlux, Invicta, Marx to name three examples) but more and more rare in the online market every day. My congratulations was one of my first acquisitions. Having in my case the complete collection of Battat Dan LoRusso dinosaurs meant a lot of financial sacrifice for me which I do not regret since they are dinosaur figures that despite the years are not outdated or at least have the same charm of then as it happens with Invicta or other brands.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: