News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kinto Resin Desktop Dinosaur Models

Started by Simon, November 21, 2012, 01:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I always liked the Protoceratops and Velociraptor resin. It's not very toylike though, so it probably would not fit in with the rest of my collection :-\

stoneage

Well if you want toy like figures, I suggest you stay away from resin figures.

tyrantqueen

Saw this on Urzeitshop, I had no idea it even existed :O

It looks as though that Dilophosaurus is receiving an unwanted hug from Yunnanosaurus :))

Thundercharge

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 02, 2013, 05:27:58 AM

Saw this on Urzeitshop, I had no idea it even existed :O

It looks as though that Dilophosaurus is receiving an unwanted hug from Yunnanosaurus :))
I hadn't seen it before either!

But ah, you're right  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

dinocat

I just got one of these from the Black Hills Institiute website.

Seijun

Here is one I have never seen before:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

radman

These pop up on ebay regularly, in fact there's one up right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyrannosaurus-Edmontosaurus-The-Scene-of-Dinosaur-Japan-LTD-/321130318305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac4dbc9e1

They usually go for about 100$.  Not sure what the scale is, but I think they're on the small side.  BHI sells them too:

http://www.bhigr.com/store/home.php?cat=122

Seijun

For some reason I have never seen it before. Maybe I saw the thumbnails and assumed it was the newer trex vs tric diorama.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Nebuloid

Never seen that before either. And their "scene" models are usually pretty small, but very cool !

postsaurischian

^-^ New museum models designed by Kazunari Araki:

Fukuiraptor                                         Mamenchisaurus                               Tarbosaurus

They're being made for the Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum Katsuyama.
                                                            I especially like the Mamenchisaurus :).

Blade-of-the-Moon

All three of those look pretty nice to me. I wonder if they are the average size of most of the Kinto pieces ?  Other than that...how can we get em' ?  ;)

Nebuloid

I like all 3 , but especially the mamenchisaurus as well . Would love to know more details on size/prize/availabilty etc...

Patrx

I am saddened by the lack of feathers  :-\

Nebuloid

Found some pictures :

They are on ebay, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here...

Edit : I just ordered the Mamenchisaurus !

Seijun

These are new? I have been seeing them on ebay for months now but for over $100 each :(

postsaurischian

Yes, they're very expensive on eBay :(.
I know that at the museum the Mamenchisaurus (which is the most expensive) is USD $38.00 :o.
I have to find another way.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe they'll add them to the current range as well ?

Nebuloid

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 20, 2013, 08:22:19 PM
Yes, they're very expensive on eBay :(.
I know that at the museum the Mamenchisaurus (which is the most expensive) is USD $38.00 :o.
I have to find another way.

Well I didn't know about them, and I NEED the Mamenchisaurus. So the price in this case doesn't bother me.

tyrantqueen

These are new? I've seen them on eBay for about a year already. Whoops just realised I posted the exact same thing that Seijun did :o

I like the Mamenchi, but shipping would probably be expensive, considering the protection needed for that long neck.

Nebuloid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 20, 2013, 10:00:50 PM
These are new? I've seen them on eBay for about a year already. Whoops just realised I posted the exact same thing that Seijun did :o

I like the Mamenchi, but shipping would probably be expensive, considering the protection needed for that long neck.

It will be okay, they always come in custom boxes with styrofoam and more foam wrapped around the fragile bits.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: