News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How do you keep your figures from falling over?

Started by need4swede, April 04, 2022, 10:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

A lot of my figures, mostly the theropods, have a hard time standing on their own and tend to fall over when met with a slight breeze.

What are some non-intrusive measures you all have tried to keep your figures standing up?

I put some adhesive underneath my Nanmu Spino and keep its rear level with a stand I got from a Mattel figure - but there has to be better ways than this. Any stands or holders you guys use that you could recommend?

Thanks!

- Swede

Shonisaurus

Theropods in my case or prehistoric animals that present sustainability problems or that have vulnerable parts of the figure, for example, the elasmotherium from Collecta, I put them in safe areas of my shelves to prevent them from falling and I never put them on the edge the shelves. I evaluate which are the most likely to fall and then I place them in safe areas and in the case of dinosaurs with a slightly rigid PVC material, as happens with Safari figures, I prefer to put them on shelves at ground level so that in the event that they fall do not break said figures or suffer the least possible deterioration.

I naturally have the resin figures in fully closed and armored display cases to prevent any damage. That is my secret to prevent any of my figures from being damaged.

I usually place my favorite figures in such a way that it is practically impossible for them to fall and in the preferred parts of the shelves.

ceratopsian

I use a variety of methods. Sometimes just a judicious blob of BlueTack is enough. Careful positioning by a wall or corner. Sometimes something to raise a foot - eg feet on a base, tail off the base on the floor. My Battat Tyrannosaurus is draped over an obliging spare Carnegie Triceratops. I also have a few plastic posing rods purchased on eBay. If I think a model is unstable I am careful what other models I position round it. Nothing fragile!

bmathison1972

I've started keeping my bipedal dinosaurs in the clear plastic support that comes around their feet and legs. I'll take them out of it for imaging, but for the shelf it doesn't bother me.

need4swede

Thank you all for your $0.02

I, too, kept my figures in places that would prevent a fall - like up against a wall - but it's a shame to not present some of these figures upfront and center. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with figurine stands or anything like that. Would prefer something that doesn't take too much attention away from the model.

Thanks again!
- Swede

Gothmog the Baryonyx

My displays are so full, the figures basically hold each other up. The only thing I have an issue with is the large tree that came with the Beasts of the Mesozoic "Troodon"/Stenonychosaurus, which I am trying to hold up using the CollectA Jobaria, but it still insists on falling over every so often. Will probably be use blu tac.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.