News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Science and Nature Dinosaur Replicas

Started by pbd, April 22, 2022, 10:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbd

So while I'm writing this I am on holiday, and I remembered this toyline because the place I bought most of it is relatively close to where I'm staying. Back in July of 2021 I went to Inverloch, where the Dinosaur Dreaming dig site in the Wonthaggi formation is. Nearby was a building called the Bunurong Environmental Centre, which is where I discovered this toyline. They where selling some small and cheap dinosaur toys, which I ended up buying.

The toys are small, and designed to be sold in bulk. They're either coloured realistically or in more abstract colours. Most of the toy's vary in the actual quality of the paint. A lot of the toys have weird postures and it's somewhat difficult to make them stand up.

I would say the Minmi is the best in this toyline. It looks the best and its paint is the best. The rest of the toys and mixed in quality. They're aren't a toyline which I think many people on this site would be interested in, because of the quality of most of the toys. I do think the Minmi in the toyline is great for its size, but somebody on this site already reviewed it in much more detail than I ever could.

I don't really have anything to say after that. I don't keep up with this website regularly so apologies if I break the rules/norms in this site.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Libraraptor

Here is the review:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/04/01/minmi-science-and-nature-pty-ltd/

I like the Atlascopcosaurus, too, but do not own it. And I like the Muttaburrasaurus, which I had bought so that my Invicta version has a partner.

pbd

Thanks for linking the review I was talking about. I forgot who posted it

Halichoeres

If I remember correctly, the Science & Nature line was originally five figures. I'm not sure when they were released, but they were already established when I started collecting seven years ago.

Allosaurus
Leaellynasaura (now sold as Atlascopcosaurus, but the figure is identical as far as I can tell)
Minmi, seen in Libraraptor's review
Muttaburrasaurus
Serendipaceratops

The other figures listed on the MiniZoo site are Recur figures (I bought the Pteranodon just out of curiosity and it still had a Recur logo embossed on it), which explains the very different style. They've only been available for a couple of years.

Here's my Serendipaceratops, which appears to no longer be available:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Almost forgot I have the Serendipaceratops, too. I really like it! Here is the review as well:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2019/07/19/serendipaceratops-science-and-nature-pty-ltd/

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 25, 2022, 08:45:52 PM
Almost forgot I have the Serendipaceratops, too. I really like it! Here is the review as well:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2019/07/19/serendipaceratops-science-and-nature-pty-ltd/

It is a very charming figure!

I looked these up in Dinosauriana and they estimate that the original line was released in 2014, so not terribly old. I think the Science & Nature figures saw very limited distribution outside of Australia, however.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.