News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

All Yesterdays Models

Started by suspsy, May 10, 2022, 10:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 08, 2023, 01:57:05 AMHate and anger? How does anyone interpolate that?

Well, you originally wrote that "I'd advise them to stay away from wasting resources on hideous things like that swan. Maybe 5 people will be interested in owning/displaying that... friends and family would never understand it, seeing it on your shelf." That is pretty contemptuous and insulting, both to the people who genuinely like the swan and the people like Darren Naish who went to a whole lot of trouble to get it made. I seriously doubt he'd appreciate your sentiments. Indeed, I hope he doesn't ever see them.

QuoteCome on people. Maybe a differing opinion, I guess I just don't walk on eggshells and like to think outside of the box, sheesh. At least be happy for the discussion this generated.

You think the forum should be happy for disagreements? Ooookay.

Like I said before, not personally liking a product is fine, but telling people that they're wasting their resources really is crossing the line. Many folk who don't collect prehistoric toys at all would say the exact same thing about Mattel or Safari or PNSO products.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ItsTwentyBelow

Suspsy, how about you come off it, ok? What's the point? One of my posts even has a like from another forum member.

Now, you're the one who posted "screw that", so maybe reflect a little bit? You are always like this. Dr. Naish is a well-trained professional, and if he can put up with the likes of David Peters, I doubt he cares about my opinion. I mean him no offense, of course.

Why not do something constructive and engage me on All Your Yesterdays instead of this? Does that book interest you?

suspsy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 08, 2023, 03:07:06 AMSuspsy, how about you come off it, ok? What's the point?

That your comments were indeed unnecessary and offensive to a number of people regardless of whether you intended them to be?

QuoteOne of my posts even has a like from another forum member.

And? More members have liked my comments. What's your point?

QuoteNow, you're the one who posted "screw that", so maybe reflect a little bit? You are always like this.

Like what? Please elaborate.

QuoteDr. Naish is a well-trained professional, and if he can put up with the likes of David Peters, I doubt he cares about my opinion.

So because Peters makes far more statements that offend Darren, that somehow makes yours acceptable? Whataboutism is no defense.

QuoteI mean him no offense, of course.

Well, you may at least want to retract that "wasting resources" bit then. I don't see how he wouldn't be offended to read something like that. He may be a "well-trained professional," but he's also still human.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 07, 2023, 05:16:00 PMHmm. These look a bit rough/unfinished, they're only available on Etsy, and they're expensive as all Hell? I thought these were going to be a bit more official.

I'd advise them to stay away from wasting resources on hideous things like that swan. Maybe 5 people will be interested in owning/displaying that... friends and family would never understand it, seeing it on your shelf.
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 07, 2023, 07:06:36 PMI agree with avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow .
Let the people watse their money if they do noy wish to listen to your advice. If the sculpting quality is low, imagine the physical quality (as in durability, warping). These look like amature clay models
All of this for 50 USD a pop . One of them doesnt even have a leg(or at least it appears so).
I seen Schliech figures better.

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 08, 2023, 01:57:05 AMThis is partly why I do not enjoy posting here much anymore.

It's funny because comments like the ones I quoted above are the reason I do not enjoy posting as much, and I am generally selective in which threads I partake in.

Libraraptor

Nothing we have read here so far is against any forum rules.Yet I like comments put and discussions lead less searing  much more.

I like the fact that there even IS someone who takes care of that "much needed gap". And everyone can spend their money on the things they like.

thomasw100

It is remarkable that we see some of the people active here which in a completely different thread were able to trash the entire portfolio of two paleoartists in just one sentence. There seems to be a pattern emerging.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.