News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

All Yesterdays Models

Started by suspsy, May 10, 2022, 10:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I learned of it from Paleofiguras. Certainly interesting. And that will probably be the best Therizinosaurus figure around.

Fembrogon

That's awesome; I had seen Naish post about the possibility of this happening soon, but it's great to hear it's confirmed.

I admit, I don't have the book yet; but it's been on my wish list for a good long while now, so I guess I'd better pull the trigger soon!

John

I'd like to see models of John Conway's sleeping Tyrannosaurus or resting Allosaurus with the cautiously approaching Camptosaurus turn up in the line. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

I would absolutely buy an excited bull Stegosaurus, although I suspect it would generate far too much controversy to sell in any stores. Make the CollectA Megacerops look inadequate!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

Great news! It's nice to see that All Yesterdays is still getting attention, and as a toy line, no less.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Faelrin

Isn't Naish also a fellow collector like ourselves here (or am I thinking of another guy)? Anyways this has me really excited. I'm still terribly behind on picking up the book, but from what I've seen of it, I adore some of the reconstructions presented within.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on May 11, 2022, 01:07:31 AM
Isn't Naish also a fellow collector like ourselves here (or am I thinking of another guy)? Anyways this has me really excited. I'm still terribly behind on picking up the book, but from what I've seen of it, I adore some of the reconstructions presented within.

Yes, Naish is also a collector. Extinct and extant animals, both, cryptids too. I also need to pick up the book.  :-\

Carnoking

Quote from: suspsy on May 11, 2022, 12:13:30 AM
I would absolutely buy an excited bull Stegosaurus, although I suspect it would generate far too much controversy to sell in any stores. Make the CollectA Megacerops look inadequate!

I was thinking it, glad I'm not the only one whose mind went right there.

The prospect called to mind an old E.D.G.E video that's lingered in the dingy recesses of my mind...

https://youtu.be/eBa3hiF_iHU

From 25:16 onward, thereabouts.
Just think of all the crazy possibilities this opens up for a figure of a bull Stego in musth!

Carnoking

I'll have to flip through my copy for pieces that would pique my interest, but the rather flamboyant Majungasaurus* and chonky Parasaurolophus would be definite contenders in my book

*especially since Prehistoric Planet's Carnotaurus scene feels a direct reference to this idea

Concavenator

That book has also been on my radar for some time, so I think I'll also grab it as well.

An on the matter of figures, maybe if they release that Parasaurolophus, it could be the definitive one I was asking for. At least I think it would beat PNSO's.

Halichoeres

The link in the blog post is to an Etsy shop! So definitely not a conventional toy manufacturer. I wonder if they're going to do something similar to Dino Hazard and farm out mold-making to an established factory.

Anyway, hoping for a Tenontosaurus!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Creature

I don't have this book yet, but I borrowed it from the library and I love it! I'm really excited to see some models from this.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Concavenator

Tenontosaurus appears in the book? I imagine he would only make figures of the species featured in the art. In any case, that's a species long overdue of a good figure, sadly it is just known as the official Deinonychus and Acrocanthosaurus meal.

Onto to the matter of All Yesterdays figures...I badly NEED a Leallynasaura based on the art. Please and thank you.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on May 15, 2022, 12:12:04 AMTenontosaurus appears in the book? I imagine he would only make figures of the species featured in the art. In any case, that's a species long overdue of a good figure, sadly it is just known as the official Deinonychus and Acrocanthosaurus meal.

Onto to the matter of All Yesterdays figures...I badly NEED a Leallynasaura based on the art. Please and thank you.

Yeah, and by itself, to subvert the trope of Tenontosaurus always being shown as a pincushion for Deinonychus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

grantharding

This is super exciting.

As I said in my comment on the blog post, Therizinosaurus and Leaellynasaura are the big ones for me.

(Though I wouldn't turn up my nose at the cryptic plesiosaur, sleepy Stan, Heterodontosaurus, or the spike-handed swan.)

Libraraptor

Is there any news or intermediate result anyone knows of? Still thrilled by this, but have not been following the developments since the announcement.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I was just thinking about this as well. I was reminded by a tweet that I thought was referencing this, before realizing it was something else.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Darren NaishMore #TetZooCon 2023 news... @splendidhand will be selling an entirely new range of figures based on the illustrations of #paleoart favourite #AllYesterdays. Here's a teaser for the package art!

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

Looks like Sleepy Stan is getting a figure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: