News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum upgrade feedback

Started by DinoToyForum, May 15, 2022, 09:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Faelrin

So I've been experiencing an issue intermittently with both on here and mobile, where when I'm typing it will jump to the end of what I'm typing, and trying to move my arrow keys or click/tap elsewhere it will jump back at the end of what I had typed, which makes editing (such as adding or fixing misspellings) frustrating. Not doing it right now, but when I was trying to write my most recent response in the PNSO thread, it was doing it there. I don't think it's an issue with my arrow keys as they respond fine inside a separate text document, and handle fine while playing JWE2 for example.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Faras

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Yup very frustrating, I had same problem on smartphone before the update, often had to move things behind what I wanted to edit to chipboard first. Haven't checked after update yet as I developed a habit to post on laptop (luckily laptop seems fine).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Faelrin on May 16, 2022, 04:35:48 PMSo I've been experiencing an issue intermittently with both on here and mobile, where when I'm typing it will jump to the end of what I'm typing, and trying to move my arrow keys or click/tap elsewhere it will jump back at the end of what I had typed, which makes editing (such as adding or fixing misspellings) frustrating. Not doing it right now, but when I was trying to write my most recent response in the PNSO thread, it was doing it there. I don't think it's an issue with my arrow keys as they respond fine inside a separate text document, and handle fine while playing JWE2 for example.

Has it done this since the software upgrade?

Faelrin

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Yes, I should have clarified that earlier, sorry. Has only started happening to me afterwards. Again it only happens sometimes and I'm not entirely sure why.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Faelrin on May 16, 2022, 05:26:50 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Yes, I should have clarified that earlier, sorry. Has only started happening to me afterwards. Again it only happens sometimes and I'm not entirely sure why.

Thanks.  :-\

Libraraptor

Looks great! I felt fine with it immediately. Thumbs up!  :)

SidB

One change has me baffled. I can't locate the insert image icon so that I can paste pictures from my Flikr account. Must be hiding in plain sight!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SidB on May 16, 2022, 09:59:38 PMOne change has me baffled. I can't locate the insert image icon so that I can paste pictures from my Flikr account. Must be hiding in plain sight!

It's right next to the Youtube icon. For me at least.

Faelrin

There for me as well. Just takes a little bit to get used to it, since it is a new icon.

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on May 16, 2022, 10:11:30 PMThere for me as well. Just takes a little bit to get used to it, since it is a new icon.
Right, got it!

SidB

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 16, 2022, 10:07:14 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 16, 2022, 09:59:38 PMOne change has me baffled. I can't locate the insert image icon so that I can paste pictures from my Flikr account. Must be hiding in plain sight!

It's right next to the Youtube icon. For me at least.
Plain sight indeed! Thanks.

Stegotyranno420

As with many changes, at first I was a bit unready, but I quickly come to like it.
I will miss the previous one I got to know everyone with.
I really appreciate our admin for doing all of this amazing work, a round of applause for him.
Also, great addition of the like button.

Flaffy

Is there a way to adjust it so that the title for each thread doesn't cut off past a certain character limit?

And another thing, the background for each message alternates between two blue-ish hues, however, I personally find it harder to differentiate between different messages now that the background colour shade is so similar (light blue vs slightly lighter blue). Everything kind of blends into each other. Is there a way to make the message backgrounds more distinct?

need4swede

Quote from: Flaffy on May 17, 2022, 03:09:07 AMAnd another thing, the background for each message alternates between two blue-ish hues, however, I personally find it harder to differentiate between different messages now that the background colour shade is so similar (light blue vs slightly lighter blue). Everything kind of blends into each other. Is there a way to make the message backgrounds more distinct?

How does this look?

- Swede

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 15, 2022, 04:37:53 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 15, 2022, 04:13:09 PMNot sure about the new design :-\ . To me it seems a bit more old-fashioned.
 What I definitely do not like is that pics are being shown in different sizes again.
 I think it looked much better when all pics were shown in 800x600 and you could enlarge them if you wanted to.

I've set the maximum image width to 800px so now large images don't spread across the whole page. .......

Why are images spreading across the whole page again? Wasn't it possible the other way?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 17, 2022, 08:43:13 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 15, 2022, 04:37:53 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 15, 2022, 04:13:09 PMNot sure about the new design :-\ . To me it seems a bit more old-fashioned.
 What I definitely do not like is that pics are being shown in different sizes again.
 I think it looked much better when all pics were shown in 800x600 and you could enlarge them if you wanted to.

I've set the maximum image width to 800px so now large images don't spread across the whole page. .......

Why are images spreading across the whole page again? Wasn't it possible the other way?

I increased the max width setting to 1000px. 800px seemed too small without the option to manually expand the image. That's some functionality I hope to add back in as soon as there is a mod developed for it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: need4swede on May 17, 2022, 08:27:19 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 17, 2022, 03:09:07 AMAnd another thing, the background for each message alternates between two blue-ish hues, however, I personally find it harder to differentiate between different messages now that the background colour shade is so similar (light blue vs slightly lighter blue). Everything kind of blends into each other. Is there a way to make the message backgrounds more distinct?

How does this look?

Changes like that are really easy (on the new forum software there are colour pickers!). I'll pick a different colour now, let me know what you think.

BrontoScorpio

When I write a new post - I used to drag down wards the bottom line of the text window - in order to enlarge the active window in which I write -
This option is no longer available.
Now, I only have a narrow 2 inch window where I can write - and if I add pictures - it is quite difficult.

p.s.
what does 'save draft' stands for ?    got it

Flaffy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2022, 09:58:14 AM
Quote from: need4swede on May 17, 2022, 08:27:19 AM

How does this look?

Changes like that are really easy (on the new forum software there are colour pickers!). I'll pick a different colour now, let me know what you think.

Thanks for the visualisation avatar_need4swede @need4swede , that is exactly what I meant! ;D
And of course thank you avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum for implementing the changes.

Is everyone okay with the blue and yellow backgrounds? Or should the yellow be toned down / lightened a bit?

And is there a way to prevent titles from cutting off like this?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: