You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Existence of Loch Ness Monster is ‘plausible’ after fossil discovery

Started by andrewsaurus rex, July 28, 2022, 12:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/existence-loch-ness-monster-plausible-142509363.html

Interesting about the freshwater Plesiosaur.   A bit of a stretch to state 'therefore the Loch Ness Monster could have existed....'  Especially given the best 'evidence' of Nessie has been demonstrated to be a  hoax.

CityRaptor

I think we need to find a better article about that one. The caption under the first image also reads "A T Rex and plesiosaurus battle underwater". ::) Most be one of those semi-aquatic Rexes with those big sails on their backs.  :))
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

andrewsaurus rex

yeah, I figured someone would come up with better info on the subject but the basic news of freshwater Plesiosaurs was interesting.  Though I don't find it all that surprising, myself.....many types of aquatic animals have both salt water and fresh water species.

VD231991

Quote from: andrewsaurus on July 28, 2022, 12:04:35 PMhttps://ca.news.yahoo.com/existence-loch-ness-monster-plausible-142509363.html

Interesting about the freshwater Plesiosaur.   A bit of a stretch to state 'therefore the Loch Ness Monster could have existed....'  Especially given the best 'evidence' of Nessie has been demonstrated to be a  hoax.
The freshwater plesiosaur remains found in Morocco are irrelevant to the myth of the Loch Ness Monster, given that the only Jurassic and Cretaceous deposits in Scotland occur on the Isle of Skye and Hebrides. Of course, no Cretaceous deposits occur in the vicinity of Loch Ness, and all sightings of Nessie have been confirmed as either hoaxes or misidentified animals like eels, sturgeons, or more bizarrely elephants that swam in Loch Ness as part of traveling circuses in the UK during the 1930s (a 6th century book by Adomnán talks about St. Columba being attacked by a monster in the Loch Ness, but it's unclear what kind of monster it was).

andrewsaurus rex

i saw a documentary on National Geographic a while back and one theory of what it is people are seeing when they see a snake like neck gliding across the Loch, is that they are waves, from boats far up river.....the waves reflect back and forth along the length of the Loch until they produce, the occasional long slender ripple across the water.  The theory was tested and sure enough a wave appeared that looked very much like a long serpentine neck, gliding across the water, as seen in many photos of Nessie.

For the record, i never ever believed in the Loch Ness monster.  Nor do i believe in Big Foot or any of the other fantastical creatures that people claim to have seen, nor do i believe in UFO's for that matter.....although there were some interesting comments regarding UFO's from the US military a few months back..

GojiraGuy1954

And the award for the year's worst paleo article title goes to......
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.