News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toys R Us returning to the United States

Started by Halichoeres, August 25, 2022, 08:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I'm sure plenty of you already know this, but a deal between whoever owns the name "Toys R Us" and Macy's department stores is going to return the brand all over the country. There are a few already open, and some of them are going to be really large. I pass a Macy's on my way home from work every day and its Toys R Us is going to be 10,000 square feet: https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/macys-plans-to-bring-toys-r-us-to-state-street-store-in-chicago/
This Macy's actually already has a pretty extensive toy department, but not 10,000 ft! They always have plenty of the Jurassic World figures I don't need.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Newt

One can hope that the rebooted Toys R Us will have better selection. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Halichoeres

I think it will be mostly JW and maybe the occasional Schleich. I have a hard time picturing Toy Major and Chap Mei junk in Macy's, but I also think it's too much to hope that they would carry CollectA or Safari.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Well, the toy section at the Macy's closest to me has duly been converted to a Toys R Us:

All I could find for dinosaurs was Mattel JW (although they seemed pretty well stocked, for whatever that's worth), including Imaginext, a couple of Lego JW sets, and some Playmobil dinosaurs.

I also didn't see a single price tag, and I'm not sure whether that's because they haven't finished setting up, or they're just following a 'if you have to ask you can't afford it' model. I didn't buy anything, and I didn't get a selfie with Geoffrey either.

EmperorDinobot

Halichoeres

GiganotosaurusFan

True...one does wish that ToysRuses in Canada would be up to date.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

ceratopsian

I hate shops that don't display price tags. I always think it's to intimidate the customer in one way or another.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 02, 2022, 11:49:04 AMI hate shops that don't display price tags. I always think it's to intimidate the customer in one way or another.

Yeah, I get the same impression from shops like that. In my experience, the rest of the merchandise in Macy's usually has prices, so this might just be temporary.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.