News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D  Beautiful repaints! I like especially the PNSO Tyrannosaurus. White dots fading from brown to black and back again is a really neat idea.

Quote from: Bread on August 18, 2023, 02:15:52 PM

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 18, 2023, 03:19:04 PMNice stragety. If you don't like the avaliable products, you can make them better yourself(via other people).  :))

Yep! I am certainly addicted to perfecting these therapods from PNSO, especially. Thank you!

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 18, 2023, 07:36:41 PMA 1:35 Anomalocaris must be very tiny! It's hard to be sure just how tiny with nothing else in the shot, but if it's anywhere close to true scale the level of detail is exceptional. The dinosaurs are very nice also, of course :)
So checking on scale for this little model. It's actually closer to 1:28 than 1:35, I am not too fussed though as it's a tiny animal in life. Hard to really achieve such a thing ya know? And thank you I appreciate it.

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian thank you! I also favor the Tyrannosaurus due to the Chuckwalla coloration, plus I have something else in the works using this colorscheme again ^-^

Concavenator

That you didn't have the HLG Pachyrhinosaurus repainted goes to show that they're indeed in a league of their own when paint app quality is concerned.

Of course, those repaints are stunners too! I think I already said it before, but that Torosaurus is glorious.  8)

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on August 24, 2023, 03:20:06 PMThat you didn't have the HLG Pachyrhinosaurus repainted goes to show that they're indeed in a league of their own when paint app quality is concerned.

Of course, those repaints are stunners too! I think I already said it before, but that Torosaurus is glorious.  8)
Yep! The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus will not be repainted. Like you said, it's paint quality is top tier, so there's no need. Fits right in with the repaints.

Thank you! I still find this Torosaurus by Ansley to be the best repaint I've ever owned.

KeU

Wow, the details on the Polacanthus is next level.
What a centerpiece.

The repaint and mod of the PNSO Tyrannosaurus is eye catching as well.
But I kinda wish the sculpt details are brought out more.
Perhaps it is just what I can see on my screen here.

SidB

A very special thank you, avatar_Bread @Bread , for recommending Bravo Models in Mexico to me, for the purpose of getting my new tyrannosaurid figures 'lipped'. Well, the first two successfully completed the journey from Dan's Dinosaurs to Aaron at Bravo Models , then finally to me here in Toronto, Canada. Here are the results, with the PNSO Lythronax and Daspletosaurus respectively:

Lythro

Image courtesy of Bravo Models

Daspleto

Image courtesy of Bravo Models

I couldn't be more pleased - thanks again, avatar_Bread @Bread !

Bread

Glad you got them! They look spectacular! Congratulations and not a problem! Glad I could help!

Bread

My collecting habits have been all over the place lately, plus work and all keeping me super busy, so posting customs and any other acquisitions has been on hold lately.

I shared these a while back as a haul, but I figured I'd share them individually now. Sorry for the lack of photos, more can be found on dinosaur_models_artworks instagram page. All photos below are done by him.

Sneak peek at two other models in the works:

Jose S.M.

Such beauties! I love the Lambeosaurus specially. And what Diplodocus is that? I don't recognize it.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 04, 2023, 01:58:53 PMSuch beauties! I love the Lambeosaurus specially. And what Diplodocus is that? I don't recognize it.

Isn't that the Eofauna?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

FerretGoose

SidB

Quote from: FerretGoose on December 04, 2023, 02:12:25 PMit's the rebor one! :D
It's not too shabby. What a stunning improvement!

Bread

Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 04, 2023, 02:07:23 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 04, 2023, 01:58:53 PMSuch beauties! I love the Lambeosaurus specially. And what Diplodocus is that? I don't recognize it.

Isn't that the Eofauna?
As others have said, it is Rebor's Diplodocus. Specifically the unpainted version.

With this figure, the easiest to differentiate it from Eofauna's is the muscle structure. I like the model, the size and its presence is really nice for a Diplodocus, however it is very muscle toned which is an issue.

ceratopsian

It's a stunning colour scheme - I didn't recognise which brand it was at first sight.

Quote from: Bread on December 04, 2023, 02:31:55 PM.....

As others have said, it is Rebor's Diplodocus. Specifically the unpainted version.

With this figure, the easiest to differentiate it from Eofauna's is the muscle structure. I like the model, the size and its presence is really nice for a Diplodocus, however it is very muscle toned which is an issue.

Halichoeres

Lambeosaurus being modified into Saurolophus? That's exciting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

edu

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 04, 2023, 05:05:35 PMLambeosaurus being modified into Saurolophus? That's exciting!

I'd say is the Corythosaurus who is hidden under the Saurolophus. That "big brain" is unmistakable!

Great customs, as always. I am thinking on sending my lambeosaurus to the gym...

Bread

Quote from: edu on December 04, 2023, 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 04, 2023, 05:05:35 PMLambeosaurus being modified into Saurolophus? That's exciting!

I'd say is the Corythosaurus who is hidden under the Saurolophus. That "big brain" is unmistakable!

Great customs, as always. I am thinking on sending my lambeosaurus to the gym...
Correct, it is the Corythosaurus, I'll reveal it more once final photos are made and of course more comparisons when in hand.

Thank you all again ;D

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Is that Saurolophus based on angustirostris? It appears to have the more slender skull of that species, and size wise it fits very well for a small 1:35 individual, I may just have to consider getting a similar customization myself!

Bread

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on December 06, 2023, 05:37:03 AMIs that Saurolophus based on angustirostris? It appears to have the more slender skull of that species, and size wise it fits very well for a small 1:35 individual, I may just have to consider getting a similar customization myself!
So this figure is not based on any particular species due to the original base of the figure being Corythosaurus. The main goal was to convert it to Saurolophus, as it would help fix the original Corythosaurus proportional issues.

Bread

I've been super busy lately, projects come and go, my classes and work being super engaging, resulting in lately only hovering in the forum and not participating.

Anyways, here is a project I have currently in the works! Artbyanz is definitely my go to for some of these JP projects I have in mind.

A male... a buck only... how and why are my business...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: