News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Wow, good timing.

Got ask though, why the snowy base? Doesn't seem to fit with the Sorna environment.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on September 09, 2023, 03:14:38 PMWow, good timing.

Got ask though, why the snowy base? Doesn't seem to fit with the Sorna environment.

just something different i guess?  should have saved it for a pyroraptor though.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 09, 2023, 04:20:29 PM

just something different i guess?  should have saved it for a pyroraptor though.

As soon as I commented that, I seemed to remember a bit of Dominion promo work. Weren't these two sighted in Canada in one  of those eye witness videos? If so, I suppose the snowy base could fit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on September 09, 2023, 05:15:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 09, 2023, 04:20:29 PM

As soon as I commented that, I seemed to remember a bit of Dominion promo work. Weren't these two sighted in Canada in one  of those eye witness videos? If so, I suppose the snowy base could fit.

They were in that promo..I think laying on a metal structure of some sort though? That said Blue was in the snow a LOT in Dominion so maybe it's a take on that. 

dragon53

FAELRIN:

Thanks for the link.
I saw a few days ago I that BBTS had the Mosasaurus V.2, blue with base up for preorder again, but earlier BBTS had it as "sold out".

I was wondering if anyone else had bought it from another dealer and what it cost?

I've been on the fence about the Mosasaurus V.2, but all I'm seeing from Nanmu lately are improved dinos of earlier releases (like the Mosasaurus). I really want a Nanmu Dreadnoughtus, but there's no sign of that, so I'm thinking about the Mosasauurs V.2.

Joliezac

For some reason I thought you could buy these separately and that they were from the standard line not dragon soul... If there are 300 copies of each set does that mean 600 total? Since they are like the baryonx where the color is switched? I hope these aren't over $200 and that I can even find some available. I always seem to miss the dragon soul versions.

Joliezac

Came in the mail yesterday, she's a beauty!

blnadal

I'd like to see a comparison between this new Rexy and W-Dragon's Indominus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on September 10, 2023, 06:04:10 AMI'd like to see a comparison between this new Rexy and W-Dragon's Indominus

I can take one when mine comes in.

Over9K

Rexy's teeth look rather blunt. Shame... Nanmu's teeth are usually best in the biz.

blnadal

Carnoking

Heads up to anyone who's interested, the DS Mosa is finally available for pre order at BBTS.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Carnoking on September 11, 2023, 07:34:48 PMHeads up to anyone who's interested, the DS Mosa is finally available for pre order at BBTS.
I wont be getting it myself. It's more than I'd care to spend and I find I prefer the standard release.

Is there any other source for Nanmu that might be less expensive? I don't see that they have their own website.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

marisaura

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 11, 2023, 07:47:12 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on September 11, 2023, 07:34:48 PMHeads up to anyone who's interested, the DS Mosa is finally available for pre order at BBTS.
I wont be getting it myself. It's more than I'd care to spend and I find I prefer the standard release.

Is there any other source for Nanmu that might be less expensive? I don't see that they have their own website.

i'm not personally interested in nanmu so i don't know what the price comparison looks like, but i know happy hen and lana time both stock them

Over9K

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 11, 2023, 07:47:12 PMIs there any other source for Nanmu that might be less expensive? I don't see that they have their own website.

Are BBTS not well priced, once you factor in their $4 flat-rate shipping? That is usually the case for me, they mark up the item a touch, but then the shipping is $4, bringing the total back down to something competitive with any other source.

Quote from: marisaura on September 11, 2023, 09:10:44 PMi'm not personally interested in nanmu so i don't know what the price comparison looks like, but i know happy hen and lana time both stock them

Happy Hen is a bit up and down on Nanmu, IMO. They ask the same $110 for the recent Mountain King T.rex with base, but then they want $83 for the blue Ceratosaurus, a $60 model. It's like they're high priced on anything but the big Nanmu models.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you want 1 think BBTS is good or care to wait and use their bulk order program. They do mark things up to cover that shipping cost and they charge tax as well.

dragon53

The only English-language Youtube review of the Mosasaurus V.2 I saw was Andy's and he got his from Lana Time Shop.
That's why I was asking earlier if anyone else had bought the V.2, blue with base and who they bought it from---but I got no replies.

Maybe the high shipping cost is slowing sales of the V.2, otherwise there would be more V.2 reviews on Youtube.

Joliezac

I think the sheer size of the figure and price is a turn off for people. It's a great looking model but something that is much too tall for my shelves. Mosasaurus is also less popular than your average dinosaur figure. That is probably why there aren't too many reviews.

I like Lana Time Shop because they typically don't charge tax or shipping. I think they did for the mosasaurs though..

BlueKrono

Quote from: marisaura on September 11, 2023, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on September 11, 2023, 07:47:12 PM

i'm not personally interested in nanmu so i don't know what the price comparison looks like, but i know happy hen and lana time both stock them

Unfortunately neither of those sites seem to stock this one, so BBTS might be literally the only option.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on September 12, 2023, 01:34:45 AMI think the sheer size of the figure and price is a turn off for people. It's a great looking model but something that is much too tall for my shelves. Mosasaurus is also less popular than your average dinosaur figure. That is probably why there aren't too many reviews.

I like Lana Time Shop because they typically don't charge tax or shipping. I think they did for the mosasaurs though..

for me, i bought the first mosa they made and then the wdragon one, this is basically a not as nice copy/concept of the Sideshow dinosauria statue. so i just dont need it.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/253499?o=4

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: