News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

It's not a big deal with me either-----because the Mosasaurus and base are cool to look at.

dragon53

Carnoking

These do look really good but they keep mentioning in their captions how the final product will be "different". Really hoping the paint quality holds up down the line, and that's before even mentioning concerns around the articulation aspect.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 20, 2023, 03:02:28 PMThese do look really good but they keep mentioning in their captions how the final product will be "different". Really hoping the paint quality holds up down the line, and that's before even mentioning concerns around the articulation aspect.

Yeah I'm a bit curious about that too. Since that first reveal they said later product would be better or improved. I'm not sure exactly what that meant.  I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that they would improve with their next release maybe Rex or Spino?

The paint holding up around the joints was my main concern. I'll be careful regardless. I've seen a lot of people yank and twist these kind of things hard.

Takama

The big qustion i posed to them was, will these be Mattel qaulity or Neca Qaulity, if its the former but with better proportions and paint, I may consider one. If its the Latter. Why bother if a leg will pop off the day it comes out of the box?

Trike_on_a_bike

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 20, 2023, 05:36:07 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on December 20, 2023, 03:02:28 PMThese do look really good but they keep mentioning in their captions how the final product will be "different". Really hoping the paint quality holds up down the line, and that's before even mentioning concerns around the articulation aspect.

Yeah I'm a bit curious about that too. Since that first reveal they said later product would be better or improved. I'm not sure exactly what that meant.  I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that they would improve with their next release maybe Rex or Spino?

The paint holding up around the joints was my main concern. I'll be careful regardless. I've seen a lot of people yank and twist these kind of things hard.

Going by the recent most video posted on Facebook, the next release will be a carnotaurus (shown at the very end; blink you'll miss it).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Trike_on_a_bike on December 21, 2023, 01:57:42 AM

Going by the recent most video posted on Facebook, the next release will be a carnotaurus (shown at the very end; blink you'll miss it).

Gonna be hard to beat the HC Carnotaurus though..

Carnoking

Quote from: Trike_on_a_bike on December 21, 2023, 01:57:42 AM

WHAT

Halichoeres

Quote from: blnadal on December 01, 2023, 03:27:38 AM本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
  ·
We are willing to work with some artists or get their authorization to produce more scientific models of dinosaurs. Do you know such people? Or introduce yourself? If you know such a friend, you can recommend it to us. Thank you very much
Once we take the initiative to get in touch with you, it shows that we are interested in realizing the three-dimensional of your work, because our energy is limited and we may not be able to reply to everyone in the short term.

I wonder if this means they're going to go from 5 or 6 JP/JW Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaurus figures per year to 4 or 5 JP/JW Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaurus figures per year plus a semi-accurate Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 21, 2023, 02:04:21 PM
Quote from: blnadal on December 01, 2023, 03:27:38 AM本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
  ·
We are willing to work with some artists or get their authorization to produce more scientific models of dinosaurs. Do you know such people? Or introduce yourself? If you know such a friend, you can recommend it to us. Thank you very much
Once we take the initiative to get in touch with you, it shows that we are interested in realizing the three-dimensional of your work, because our energy is limited and we may not be able to reply to everyone in the short term.

I wonder if this means they're going to go from 5 or 6 JP/JW Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaurus figures per year to 4 or 5 JP/JW Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaurus figures per year plus a semi-accurate Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Mosasaurus.

All I'm hearing is they are open to the possibility probably due to collector burn out on those popular pieces. If they do try the scientific approach I would tell everyone to vote with their wallets or they won't do another one. IDK JP pieces they've sold but it has to be a LOT.

Carnoking

Another two Dragon Soul figures narrowly acquired.

The Mosasaurus is quite the eye-catching piece. Even if we've seen this display before, I love the vertical level it brings to my collection.

Spoiler

The base is a real unit. I was shocked by the weight of this thing!

Also surprised to say that the Dragon Soul variant is slightly larger than the standard release.

And let's not even mention the OG. What a damp squib that thing looks like next to these new Mosas.

The ache for an updated Indominus only grows...

[close]

Carnoking

Not to be outdone, the Dragon Soul rex is a dream of a figure! The base leaves a little to be desired (I hate the floppy, loosely connected nature of it) but other than that, it makes for a really cool display!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Rexy herself might look a little awkwardly posed without the base to disguise the positioning of the legs, but at least this way you have the option to display her with or without the concrete barrier (as opposed to say, having one foot up on the ledge)

Can't get enough of that head. What a great recreation of Winston and Co's original work!

You can really see the extra bulk on this model when compared to the OG Alpha figure, although if I'm being completely honest, I still find the detail and paintwork on that figure to be better executed, which feels weird to say...

Master Hunter's days might be numbered...

And of course, we have the standard Alpha 2.0 release. I'd be hard pressed to pick between these two, they're both such delights.

The gang's all here! Which is your favorite?

Here she is with the other Dragon Soul baddies. Could really use an Indominus to round out the quartet.

"Two apex predators in one valley."

You know who'd look good with these two? A Therizinosaurus!

This would have been a quick fight.

[close]

All in all, very glad to have her on my shelf!

need4swede

Quote from: dragon53 on December 20, 2023, 02:29:30 PM

Can someone explain the ending of that video? Is it just a meme?
Nanmu's been sneaking messages into their videos lately.
- Swede

Carnoking

Got the wires added to my Dragon Soul rex base. For whatever reason, my collector hind brain hated the notion of cutting up the wire that came with the set so I originally was going to leave it wireless. Then it occurred to me (later than I'd care to admit) that I could use literally any wire and keep what Nanmu included in tact. Some cheap picture wire worked perfectly. For one thing, it looks more like steel cable and you can even give it a nice frayed look on the severed ends! Glad I did this, it really takes the whole presentation to the next level!

Spoiler

[close]

Carnoking

Nanmu variants are rarely a priority for me given the size and price point of these figures but this Pharaoh edition of their Supplanter 2.0 always struck me as a particularly gorgeous figure, and the addition of the severed rex head definitely grabbed my attention.

Now that I finally have it, I can honestly say it's one of Nanmu's best painted figures ever produced and very likely one of the best painted mass-produced figures in my collection!

Spoiler

There's something about gold tones on Spinosaurus that just works, and the variation of colors and application techniques on this thing is stellar!

Really makes the standard Supplanter release look dull in comparison!

Blood looks great, although maybe they went a little overboard with its application   :o

And for those wondering, here's the original color scheme on Pharoah's base. I thought about getting this figure just for the severed rex head accessory and selling the spinosaurus itself but it's so beautiful I think I'll have to keep it! As far as the original Supplanter goes though... hmmm, his days might be numbered.

And of course, have to pit Pharaohs against Kings!
[close]

Carnoking

Curse my mold completist nature!

Found a King of the Border figure on eBay for a price I could tolerate, and now I've got two of these ugly Dominion buggers on the shelf. Might have to see about getting the King a base down the line so he's at least on somewhat equal footing with everyone else.

Spoiler

Dragon Soul or Standard, which do you prefer?

Two Apex Predators

"This isn't about us."

All the standard big bads together at last.

[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's always tempting eh? lol  I feel you.

I don't much care about the bases on the regular releases as they seem more stable without them.

The pics with the DS version always remind me of an older adult and a younger animal with the size difference and lack of scaring.

Carnoking

Filed under pre-orders I forgot that I had, Nanmu's Bloody Queen is one of those rare variants that I very possibly prefer to the standard release!

I'm a movie design purist through and through, but what a dope look this would have been to have on film! Which do you all prefer?

"He shivered, hearing that sound. It was terrifying, a scream from some other world."
-Michael Crichton

My Kenner Red Rex is buried in a bin somewhere at the moment, so a shot with the Mattel '93 rex will have to suffice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Always preferred the blood red hide as told in the novel.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.