News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Thanks for the input folks. I'll let it air out overnight and see how it smells tomorrow.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Sim on June 23, 2023, 05:03:37 PMDue to the presence of Nanuqsaurus with the Prehistoric Planet Pachyrhinosaurus, I believe the environment they were shown in is the Prince Creek Formation.  I was looking at its environment on Wikipedia and it mentions the coldest temperatures there were on average 2 to 4 degrees celsius, so possibly not cold enough for snow to have been regular?  It also says the Prince Creek Formation would have probably experienced 120 days of darkness due to its location, would a round pupil be more appropriate if the species didn't migrate away, since the slit pupils reduce light entering the eye?
Musk oxen have an elongated pupil much like other Caprines

Sim

But they also have to deal with snow blindness I think, so a horizontal pupil makes sense as P @PoptartDoodle described.

Thialfi

Quote from: Faelrin on June 23, 2023, 10:30:53 PMThanks for the input folks. I'll let it air out overnight and see how it smells tomorrow.
As already said by T @thomasw100, it's most likely the styrofoam. I ordered quite a lot of figures through AliExpress that came packaged in styrofoam and they all had this peculiar chemical smell to them. It's most likely not the model itself - no worries.

Enjoy your Ouranosaurus!

Flaffy

Both my Ouranosaurus had this smell, along with many other in-box figures. It's probably the plasticiser of either the packaging material or figure itself (or both!). Just let the figure air out for a bit and it'll be fine. It's always been standard practise for me to let any remaining plasticisers evaporate on new figures before handling them. An unavoidable reality of collecting plastic models.

TlatolophusJuanorum

https://fb.watch/logKg0eSEh/?mibextid=ZbWKwL
Paleofiguras has recently shared the promo video for the Edmontonia. It's freaking awesome! Let's go guys!

Bread

Edmontonia looks great! Not sure which variant I am leaning towards though. Probably the brown variant due to blue being pretty apparent in my collection already.

Anyways, not sure if these have been posted here yet but here are some PNSO Pachyrhinosaurus and Haolonggood's Pachyrhinosaurus comparisons shared by Paleofigures via facebook.

Hm... I gotta say I prefer the different pose of the PNSO, but I've never been happy about the boss reconstruction. Whether or not it is more accurate, I am unaware of this structure's accuracy on this animal. So I have to say I prefer Haolonggood's, plus this posture makes it more convincing to purchase both variants for the herd possibilities.

Faelrin

The blue or green one almost reminds me of the Battat. Will need the higher res images to get a better idea of which color to pick (if not eventually both), but man I am so stoked for this Edmontonia. I am super tempted to order it once it is available, even though I'm supposed to be saving up for Cyberzoic's kickstarter.

Anyone have an idea of which species this represents?

Edit: The type species is E. longiceps, which is from the Horseshoe Canyon Formation, and maybe the Judith River Formation, where as the other species E. rugosidens is from the Dinosaur Park formation. The latter would display better alongside animals like Corythosaurus, Lamebosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Chasmosaurus, Centrosaurus, Styracosaurus, Gorgosaurus, etc, where as the former would display better alongside Pachyrhinosaurus (P. canadensis, but there's no figures of it currently that I can think of, with most if not all based on P. lakustai), Ornithomimus, Edmontosaurus (E. regalis), Albertosaurus, etc.

bmathison1972

Could any of the editors for this forum update the first post with pics of all the species new this year. This thread gets a lot of chatter and it's hard to follow it constantly to see if newer posts relate to a new announcement. It's easy to check the OP to find out :)
thank you :)

Perotorum

Quote from: Sim on June 21, 2023, 05:31:56 PM
Quote from: erlectric on June 17, 2023, 09:01:57 PMi believe it's the opposite, rectangular pupil helps with panoramic vision. also, goats' eyes work such way that the pupil is always parallel to the ground
Yes, thanks for the correction.  I looked it up and you're right.  What I had originally read I think had switched an effect of vertical and horizontal pupils.  However, I'm not sure such a large species as Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai would benefit from horizontal pupils?
Large bovines also have horizontal pupils, although less pronounced than goats, although I imagine pupil shape in herbivorous dinosaurs may have had more to do with the trophic level the animal ate at, in much a similar way with modern mammals were the lower they eat the more such an adaptation would be useful.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras has published pictures of a designer edition of the Haolonggood Nasutoceratops. Does anyone know where this edition will be available? Lana Time Shop?

ceratopsian

The last custom paint sold on amazon.com T @thomasw100.  They won't ship to the UK.  I didn't bother to see if this one is there and has sold yet.  Items that won't ship to one's country are invisible when you search - but if you put in a US postcode you can then see them!

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 26, 2023, 07:04:27 AMPaleofiguras has published pictures of a designer edition of the Haolonggood Nasutoceratops. Does anyone know where this edition will be available? Lana Time Shop?

Bread

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 25, 2023, 09:51:16 PMCould any of the editors for this forum update the first post with pics of all the species new this year. This thread gets a lot of chatter and it's hard to follow it constantly to see if newer posts relate to a new announcement. It's easy to check the OP to find out :)
thank you :)
I also agree. We know vampiredesign is really busy so I bet he is unable to update it at this time. Could we please have someone update it? Thank you.

Faelrin

If anyone could copy this to the op that would be great.

Spoiler
Nasutoceratops (HuaRong & YanQing, Blue & Multicolor):

Blue:

Multicolor:

Nasutoceratops (Designer Edition):

Ouranosaurus (Wuwei & Wuju, Brick Red & Green):

Brick Red:

Green:

Quetzalcoatlus (Designer Edition):

Tianzhenosaurus (Shixiou/ShiXiu & YangXiong, Cyan & Multicolor):

Cyan:

Multicolor:

Pentaceratops (LiKui & LiouTang, Blue grey & Multicolor):

Blue grey:

Multicolor:

Apatosaurus (ShiJing & HuangXin, Blue grey & Multicolor):

Blue grey:

Multicolor:

Wuerhosaurus (JiaoTin-purple & ShiYong-green):

JiaoTin:

ShiYong:

Pachyrhinosaurus (GuoSheng-green & LvFang-brown):

GuoSheng:

LvFang:

Edmontonia (JieZhen & JieBao)

Not yet revealed figure (YangZhi & SuoChao)
[close]
I've also added the names from this post. avatar_Faras @Faras shared this wonderful post about what the names mean.

Edit: While it may not be necessary for me to do so once the op is update, I will gladly update this list with new releases and images.

Prehistory Resurrection

A review I found of the LvFang brown Pachyrhinosaurus in Spanish.

Prehistory Resurrection

Over9K

Interesting to me that nobody complains about corncobbyism with these, but PNSO's Wilson is savaged for having literally the same skin texture...

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on June 26, 2023, 11:00:50 PMInteresting to me that nobody complains about corncobbyism with these, but PNSO's Wilson is savaged for having literally the same skin texture...
It's tough being a T-rex that's not 'perfect'.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on June 26, 2023, 11:04:55 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 26, 2023, 11:00:50 PMInteresting to me that nobody complains about corncobbyism with these, but PNSO's Wilson is savaged for having literally the same skin texture...
It's tough being a T-rex that's not 'perfect'.

Indeed. Haolonggoood's Nasutoceratops is gushed over...

... looks like a scoop of ice cream dipped in rainbow sprinkles!

Granted the Pachy is much, much better. Hopefully that is Haolonggood going forward.

Gwangi

Probably because there are 3 Nasutoceratops figurines and... how many Tyrannosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: