News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on December 21, 2023, 02:35:21 PMI like this Kosmoceratops!  I just don't know which colouration to pick!  It's good to have another chasmosaurine get a good figure, centrosaurines have gotten more attention.

I have exactly the same problem. Both color schemes are really nice in their own way. The red variant of course stands out from the usual gray and brown tones of ceratopsians that for example PNSO has released. But then I find that the blue-reddish color accents on the frill do not blend in so well with the main coloration. That feels more harmonious for the blue-gray variant. Furthermore, I feel that the horns on the red variant should not change color towards the termination to more red hues again. This is better on the blue-gray variant. But then the overall body color scheme of the red variants is really nice and refreshing and I do like the way the striping on the dorsal area blends in with the remainder of the body. Unfortunately getting both is not an option in view of all the large sauropods that we are expecting for 2024.

GojiraGuy1954

1. YOOOO MORE CERATOPSIANS
2. Beak could be a bit sharper like the Nasuto and Pachyrhino
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Pliosaurking

That is a nice little figure, I definitely will be grabbing the reddish one down the line.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 21, 2023, 08:45:07 AMI am  "gladiator",Then let's have another side dish before the Chinese New Year.
That's gonna be a long but deserved wait!
Maybe y'all will celebrate the Dragon's Chinese New Year with a Chinese and emblematic "dragon"?  :))

Eatmycar

My one issue is the lack of consistency with the eyes, but it's a gorgeous figure. Pachyrhinosaurus had goat eyes, but this fellow doesn't seem to?

That said, it's rare for me to love the more conservative decos, but that blue and black one is fabulous looking!

Sim

The Haolonggood Nasutoceratops and Pentaceratops had circular pupils, so it was the Pachyrhinosaurus that had different eyes.  This Kosmoceratops is like the first two Haolonggood ceratopsians.  I'm happy the Kosmoceratops has circular pupils, I had to customise my two Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus to have circular pupils and I don't want to do that again.

PoptartDoodle

Quote from: Eatmycar on December 21, 2023, 09:36:28 PMPachyrhinosaurus had goat eyes, but this fellow doesn't seem to?
I believe they were inspired by Prehistoric Planet, which portrayed Pachyrhinosaurus perotorum with the horizontal pupils.

Eatmycar

That makes sense.

Yeah, I'm NOT a fan of goat pupils at all - they're quite grotesque looking to be frank.

dragon53

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Eatmycar on December 22, 2023, 12:44:41 AMYeah, I'm NOT a fan of goat pupils at all - they're quite grotesque looking to be frank.

That's why I like them! They're weird, and I like being reminded that dinosaurs were animals and were therefore probably weird in ways humans can't imagine.

I'm torn on the Tlatolophus. I've been wanting one for ages, but the way Haolonggood has sculpted the lower jaw jutting out really bothers me. It gives the figure an odd underbite. And I don't love the paint jobs, especially since the eyes seem to have quality control issues in the video reviews I've seen. I could probably fix those issues myself, but I might hold out and see if PNSO, CollectA, or another company releases a figure of this genus first.
Check out my customs thread!

PoptartDoodle

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 23, 2023, 04:16:15 PM
Quote from: Eatmycar on December 22, 2023, 12:44:41 AMYeah, I'm NOT a fan of goat pupils at all - they're quite grotesque looking to be frank.

That's why I like them! They're weird
I will say I also enjoy weird, but the pupils were too long, making a visible divide through the eye which isn't something we see in horizontal pupils. If Haolonggood wants to bring back horizontal pupils in the future, the size should be reduced. That said, I love their Pachy and have both color schemes as well as the guest artist rendition.

I do hope Haolonggood does more Chasmosaurines in the near future, I will spend much energy manifesting Chasmosaurus, Regaliceratops, and Torosaurus in particular.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Excuse me V @vampiredesign, would Haolonggood upload soon actual physical pictures of both Alamosaurus' colourations before the pre-order deadline? I'm still deciding between them   ^-^

PoptartDoodle

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on December 24, 2023, 02:07:12 AMwould Haolonggood upload soon actual physical pictures of both Alamosaurus' colourations before the pre-order deadline?
I didn't even know there was a deadline that's nuts.
I haven't seen anyone talk about it so I don't know if this is a common occurrence, but it seems crazy to open pre-orders with concept art rather than the actual model.
From what I've heard, models will be limited, so there's already pressure to make sure you get the one you'd like, but we don't know how 2 of the 3 versions look like and there's a deadline.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If we don't see Blue/A before the deadline of Dec 30th I'll just go with B, we have seen part of it and it looked good.

EuropaSuchus

One good thing about this Kosmoceratops is mentioned lenght of a figure. In fits well in 1:35 scale, previously I thought everyone has to upsize their ceratopsids a bit to have a good details (like Safari did with their Einiosaurus, for example).

With Haolonggood being able to do decently detailed, but still small sized ceratopsids, this open a big realm of a possibilities. Einiosaurus, Achelousaurus, Chasmosaurus, Diablo/Machairoceratops, Furcatoceratops... All of those were actually small. A lot of people forget that ceratopsids are not "Few big and others small" it's whole gradient of size. We think about things like Centrosaurus and Einiosaurus as a same-sized, while former was 1-1.5 m longer.

vampiredesign

The actual color has not been produced yet, and I have been sick recently and resting. There is still a new product on the production line that has not been released yet.
Influenza, I cannot transmit it to them. We cannot delay the progress of the work.I can only complete packaging design work from home. The filming was done by other colleagues.

postsaurischian

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 24, 2023, 07:30:07 AM....... There is still a new product on the production line that has not been released yet. .......

If it's not Euoplocephalus and not Stegosaurus ungulatus, what can it be then :) ?
 (What a year for HAOLONGGOOD! Congrats on such a breakthrough start!)

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 24, 2023, 07:30:07 AMThe actual color has not been produced yet, and I have been sick recently and resting. There is still a new product on the production line that has not been released yet.
Influenza, I cannot transmit it to them. We cannot delay the progress of the work.I can only complete packaging design work from home. The filming was done by other colleagues.
It is so sad to hear that, I hope you get well soon and overcome that season Influenza.
We'll wait the next update and I will order Purple Alamosaurus. Thanks for answering!

ceratopsian

Get well and rest as much as possible, V @vampiredesign

ceratopsian

I've pre-ordered the brown version. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: