News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasLiu

dragon53

So which Blue Alamosaurus paint scheme is the PRODUCTION paint scheme?.......the one below or the one in the post above this one?

ceratopsian

The one above is the "plain" version - but a different colour from what we saw before. I assume a replacement for the earlier plain?? The one in your post (with ceratopsian companions) is definitely the prototype for Version A D @dragon53.

Quote from: dragon53 on December 29, 2023, 03:54:44 PMSo which Blue Alamosaurus paint scheme is the PRODUCTION paint scheme?.......the one below or the one in the post above this one?

dragon53

CERATOPSIAN:

Thanks for the information.

I'm going to wait until the official production paint schemes are released before I place a preorder---Lana Time just added the BLUE Alamosaurus with the two accessory dinosaurs on their website which may imply it is the official production version.....but I'm still going to wait until the paint scheme dust settles.

thomasw100

There is also an update on the color scheme B of the Alamosaurus:

thomasw100

Concerning the Sinoceratops, I noticed a feature visible from the side that looks like a seamline between the head and the body. This is not so noticeable in the blue variant, but rather more visible in the brown variant. Do I interpret this correctly?

PoptartDoodle

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 29, 2023, 05:08:42 PMDo I interpret this correctly?
Yeah that's a clear as day seamline, strange how much more noticeable it is on the brown.

thomasw100

Quote from: PoptartDoodle on December 29, 2023, 05:49:00 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on December 29, 2023, 05:08:42 PMDo I interpret this correctly?
Yeah that's a clear as day seamline, strange how much more noticeable it is on the brown.

Why would they produce such a small figure (only 17 cm in length) in two parts which are then assembled together and the result of this process being an ugly seamline? The Kosmoceratops is of similar size and has no seamline, at least I could not see one in any of the pictures that were released. They are even able to produce the huge Alamosaurus in one piece (we got to see the mold which clearly showed that this was one piece). I can only explain such inconsistencies by Haolonggood using different factories for different models. I very much like the path Haolonggood has taken in the last 12 months and most of their models are really great, but that seamline is a disappointment.

Sim

On the final figure the seam line might not be noticeable.  I had never noticed the legs of Haolonggood's theropods were made of a different material than the rest of the figure until after someone on here mentioned it.  I only see the seam lines if I look for them, they're exremely well disguised.  In any case the seam lines seen on the Sinoceratops are not very noticeable, I intend to get the grey one and replace my PNSO Sinoceratops with it.

ceratopsian

I wonder if the seamline is somehow connected with the much more angled head with its vigorous pose?  I think it's more obvious on the brown because the pattern/colour is plainer.  It's just better disguised on the more flamboyant model.

SenSx

I'm not really into Ceratopsians, and I did not plan to get a Sinoceratops, but the blue one looks too good, I'll probably get it.
(the paint scheme is very similar to the blue Dilophosaurus).

I'd love to pick the PNSO baby Sinoceratops as well, but I'm not sure if it would scale well with it, might be a big baby  :))

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on December 29, 2023, 12:10:01 PMAesthetically, I like the HLG Sinoceratops more than the PNSO, not sure about accuracy though. Doesn't seem to correctly capture those knobs avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy pointed out (?), plus shouldn't the frill be oriented more vertically?

Yeah not seeing prominent knobs on the frill. I really hope they're still present but just subdued like on the BotM Sinoceratops sculpt. It'd be a shame for such a unique feature to be omitted. Both colour schemes are absolutely stunning though. I'm inclinded towards getting the more flashy blue version, but I'm a big fan of the red eyespots on the tan one as well.

The flat angle of the frill is porbably an artefact of referencing the old plaster-saurus mount?

GetAwayTrike and Raul Ramos seem to reconstruct it at a more vertical angle at least. Though given the fragmented nature of the specimen there's technically still room for debate as to the exact angle the frill would've been positioned in life.

Eatmycar

Both of those decos are fabulous, especially the earth tone one!

THAT is a great use of a small color palette that looks "natural". PNSO, take notes here!

Blade-of-the-Moon

After seeing it completed I went with A version from Lana. :)

dragon53

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 30, 2023, 02:02:04 AMAfter seeing it completed I went with A version from Lana. :)

Which A version? ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Since you preordered the Alamosaurus with the free base, etc, did Lana Time give you an estimate on the shipping for the base/pterosaurs?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on December 30, 2023, 05:07:58 AMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Since you preordered the Alamosaurus with the free base, etc, did Lana Time give you an estimate on the shipping for the base/pterosaurs?

Nothing beyond what is mentioned on the product page.

QuoteDUE TO THE HEAVY WEIGHT AND LARGE PACKAGING DIMENSIONS OF THIS ITEM, WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE FINAL SHIPPING COST BEFORE THE SHIPMENT. THEREFORE, THE PRICE FOR THIS ITEM DOESN'T INCLUDE SHIPPING. WE WILL INFORM YOU OF THE EXACT SHIPPING COST BEFORE SENDING THE ITEM.

AS A REFERENCE, THE ESTIMATED SHIPPING COST TO THE UNITED STATES IS BETWEEN $25 TO $35USD(SEA SHIPPING) OR $80 TO $95USD(AIR), AND TO THE UNITED KINGDOM, IT RANGES FROM $50 TO $70 USD(AIR). PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL SHIPPING COST WILL DEPEND ON THE FINAL DETAILS OF THE SHIPMENT.

Carnoking

I just can't seem to make a decision here. I do love the patterns and color palettes of both A and B but I can't help but feel like some of the original designs we were shown got lost in translation. What's really throwing me are those counter stripes outlining (and sometimes running into) the cream markings and dappling the flanks, really just makes the design look a little too busy for my taste and I worry how those little stripes will look in person.

HAOLONGGOOD has of course foreseen this very complaint and offered the "safer" solid color limited edition variant but that one's on the opposite side of the problem for me in that it's a bit too plain (not to mention I don't even know what color it is at this point, brown or blue?)

Each option has its pros and cons and I'm sure I'm in the minority here with my nitpicks and indecisiveness but I just look at this teaser here and think what an easy choice that would have been if the entire figure looked that vibrant, clean, and cohesive.

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2023, 05:27:56 PM

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks---I was hoping Lana Time gave you some updated shipping cost info since I assume you ordered yours recently.

I hope the production A version is the one with the blue and purple on the spine instead of the basic blue someone recently posted. I emailed them via their website two days ago about the color scheme and got no reply.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: