News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2024 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2022, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Come on now, wishes threads aren't silly, they're a fun way to share what we'd like.  Plus, you read them too!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on October 26, 2023, 03:20:19 PMCome on now, wishes threads aren't silly, they're a fun way to share what we'd like.  Plus, you read them too!

I don't read them. I actively avoid them. I only went to this one because I saw Suspsy commented, and I knew CollectA was coming up (because I do their posting on the ATF), and I know he gets their announcements :)

The problem I have seen with wishes threads is that when people don't get what they want, they get visibly upset. It only sets one up for disappointment.

Besides, I want to be surprised at what companies release. I don't want to predict or wish.

Sim

That's fair enough, thanks for explaining.  I don't think participating in wishes threads is linked to people being disappointed when what they want isn't released, though.  The only times I see disappointent is when the requests are made to the company often and the company doesn't make it, and only rarely.

suspsy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 26, 2023, 04:15:59 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 26, 2023, 03:20:19 PMCome on now, wishes threads aren't silly, they're a fun way to share what we'd like.  Plus, you read them too!

I don't read them. I actively avoid them. I only went to this one because I saw Suspsy commented, and I knew CollectA was coming up (because I do their posting on the ATF), and I know he gets their announcements :)

The problem I have seen with wishes threads is that when people don't get what they want, they get visibly upset. It only sets one up for disappointment.

Besides, I want to be surprised at what companies release. I don't want to predict or wish.

Speaking of announcements, B @bmathison1972, have you ever thought about starting to post announcements for upcoming releases on the ATB? It's been nearly a year since the DTB started posting announcements again and it's been rather well received. Could help increase traffic on the site.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2023, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 26, 2023, 04:15:59 PM

Speaking of announcements, B @bmathison1972, have you ever thought about starting to post announcements for upcoming releases on the ATB? It's been nearly a year since the DTB started posting announcements again and it's been rather well received. Could help increase traffic on the site.

Yes, it's on a back-of-my-mind to-do. But I may wait for all reveals for a company at once, at least for the 'major' companies. I'll discuss with Adam, thank you :)

Halichoeres

The way I look at it, every single aspect of this hobby is silly!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Samrukia

rumors from Paleofiguras:

Spoiler
The Age of Dinosaurs Deluxe Range:

Dearc sgiathanach with articulated jaw (Deluxe 1:3)
Dreadnoughtus (Deluxe 1:100)
Polacanthus (Deluxe 1:20)
Velociraptor with Articulated Jaw (Deluxe 1:6)

The Age of Dinosaurs Popular size:
Nanuqsaurus lurking

Gift Set:
Box of Sauropodos.

Other Prehistoric Animals:
Diprotodon (Deluxe 1:20)
Placerias (Deluxe 1:20)
[close]

Flaffy

My oh my what a list! Plenty there that interests me, here's to hoping the rumours are true!

Sim

I too find plenty that interests me in that rumored list!  I just hope the first one isn't huge.  It's going to be huge if it's true, isn't it?

suspsy

If that list is legit, then it's a good selection indeed! Only about 48 more hours to go before the first reveal!

bmathison1972

honestly there are only three things on that list I'd consider, depending on their size: Polacanthus, Placerias, and maybe Dreadnaughtus

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Does collecta normally include new sculpts with their box sets?

suspsy

CollectA's miniatures have so far included Alamosaurus, Amargasaurus, Apatosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Diplodocus. I can see them rereleasing those six along with four new moulds.

Lynx

How does this guy even get these leaks?
An oversized house cat.

JimoAi

ok this is basically nickelodeon all star brawl 2 all over again.

Context: almost the whole game has been leaked including an early build

marisaura

i would LOVE to see a modern placerias figure, so i hope that one's true!

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2023, 12:55:26 AMCollectA's miniatures have so far included Alamosaurus, Amargasaurus, Apatosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Diplodocus. I can see them rereleasing those six along with four new moulds.

A box set doesn't imply miniatures. CollectA is known for creating box/gift sets of their standard-sized figures (they've done it for wildlife, sealife, reptiles/amphibians, and insects).

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh my thats quite the list. Its about time collecta made a Polacanthus and Ive been salivating for more stem-mammals so a Placerias is a dream come true. Here's hoping the list true.
Also if we're getting a Placerias, maybe we can expect a Postosuchus? Postosuchus has been in desperate need of a new figure for ages.

DinoFan2010

We absolutely need a new Velociraptor from CollectA,we have'nt got one since 2010!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

EuropaSuchus

I may sound too picky, but remake a Gastonia to be more similar to Gregory Paul and Scott Hartman skeletal reconstructions.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: