News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2024 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2022, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I think it's about time for more trees and plants. For a large tree I'd like a conifer of some sort, and for some smaller plants I want a Tree Fern and a horsetail.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Hate to say it, but I don't think prehistoric plants sell well enough for CollectA and other companies to continue making them, or making new ones at least. Safari quit making theirs years ago.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Splonkadumpocus

Diprotodon would be a great addition to my collection; I could finally start a second group of creatures from ancient Australia. Currently only have an Early Cretaceous group from there.

Placerias is also a must-have for an Arizonian like me.

triceratops83

Quote from: suspsy on November 02, 2023, 01:08:15 AMHate to say it, but I don't think prehistoric plants sell well enough for CollectA and other companies to continue making them, or making new ones at least. Safari quit making theirs years ago.

I dunno - they sell out pretty regularly at Minizoo. My guess is they sell as quickly as any of the less popular animal figures. Sure, tigers and elephants and tyrannosauruses would be the big movers, but trees probably sell at least as well as, I dunno, Aardvarks. Plus, it's not like Collecta have retired the older models like the Cycad tree and Gingko. I'll hold out hopefully for more plants.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Takama

Does anyone know if these so called leaks are for just part of, or the entire year of 2024?

Concavenator

As for me, I hope these rumours aren't true because, unless CollectA releases more figures than what appears on the list, there's not a single species out of that batch that interest me. The closest would be the Dearc (which is ironic as I'm not much into pterosaurs), if CollectA had chosen Rhamphorhynchus instead and had the figure been a smaller size (looks like the Dearc will be ginormous), I would have been interested. I know there are people who likes big figures of smallish animals, but for me those figures have to be a pass unless I'm very desperate about a particular species and there are no good smaller options.

I don't doubt the figures will look fantastic, though.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Nothing at Everything Dinosaur yet. :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JimoAi

no news from ED or CollectA's Greece site

Samrukia

seems like rumors are true,
first for CollectA 2024:
Dearc sgiathanach (1:3 scale)

Prehistory Resurrection

CollectA is excellent at Deluxe Pterosaurs and very glad to see more joining the flock. Dearc was discovered in Scotland and it's nice to see CollectA tackling yet more British species; Brighstoneus, Ceratosuchops and now this one, being UK-based.  It even got teeth of British people, lol ;D.  It's also a recently discovered species, which fits CollectA. The coloration on the head reminds me of modern-day Northen gannet. Really like the coloration of the body also.
There's a Dearc from a Palaeoplushies too;

Flaffy

CollectA never fails at delivering these new species! My only gripe with these CollectA Pterosaurs is not having enough space to display them! :'(  Big fan of the colour scheme, especially the gannet-inspired head.

Is this the only CollectA figure being revealed today? Hoping to see more space-friendly options ;)

Samrukia

QuoteThe markings on the figure reflect some of the symbols and colours to be found on the flag of the lsle of Skye. This pterosaur, is known from a single specimen found on Skye.

Everything_Dinosaur

Here is our blog post about the new for 2024 CollectA Deluxe Dearc sgiathanach in 1:3 scale: The Everything Dinosaur blog post about the CollectA Deluxe Dearc sgiathanach  We have provided more views of the figure, and confirm the model's measurements.  We also provide a little more information about the colouration and what inspired the colour choice.  It will be available from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur in early 2024, probably around March or thereabouts.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.