News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 12, 2023, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks nice, better than nothing I suppose.

suspsy

I wonder why Mojo has taken such a long break from dinosaurs considering how many they released prior to 2021. Perhaps they decided that they had enough of them in production? I have no idea what their sales numbers are, but I can't imagine they're anywhere close to Schleich's.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2023, 07:03:17 PMI wonder why Mojo has taken such a long break from dinosaurs considering how many they released prior to 2021. Perhaps they decided that they had enough of them in production? I have no idea what their sales numbers are, but I can't imagine they're anywhere close to Schleich's.

I often wonder what is close to Schleich..I'd say Mattel is beating them and that's about it.

suspsy

Perhaps it's Safari Ltd.? They seem to have the widest distribution after Schleich.

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2023, 01:28:23 PMPerhaps it's Safari Ltd.? They seem to have the widest distribution after Schleich.

Probably. Safari ltd products have made their way to Taiwanese and Japanese museum shelves after all. CollectA  seems to be pretty prolific in Asia too, I've seem them sold in ShangHai Toys R Us stores, and they had a heavy marketing push in Hong Kong during COVID years.

And of course Schleich manages to rear its ugly head in most of the places I listed above.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on January 15, 2023, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2023, 01:28:23 PMPerhaps it's Safari Ltd.? They seem to have the widest distribution after Schleich.

Probably. Safari ltd products have made their way to Taiwanese and Japanese museum shelves after all. CollectA  seems to be pretty prolific in Asia too, I've seem them sold in ShangHai Toys R Us stores, and they had a heavy marketing push in Hong Kong during COVID years.

And of course Schleich manages to rear its ugly head in most of the places I listed above.

I've only seen Safari figures in one attraction I visited a couple years ago, they aren't anywhere local anywhere though they used to be in an educational store near me, it's where I bought my figures for years.  I've seen Papo in a few of those higher end toy stores in tourist areas but again those stores also had more Schleich stock. I'm a bit curious what their wholesale pricing is.

Chasmosaurus

Nice figurine
I'm only disappointed that they didn't make a thylacoleo. Since they bought southland replica they must have the mold.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

suspsy

Yeah, Mojo really needs to rerelease the  Thylacoleo mould if they have it. It's a superb sculpt and it deserves to be enjoyed by more people.

Flaffy

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2023, 10:28:36 PMYeah, Mojo really needs to rerelease the  Thylacoleo mould if they have it. It's a superb sculpt and it deserves to be enjoyed by more people.

I'd like to see a different company tackle the infamous "marsupial lion" with a more diprotodont look, rather than the overly feline one by SR.
But that being said, I'd also like to see Mojo re-release the SR Thylacoleo for the reasons avatar_suspsy @suspsy mentioned. Pleistocene Australia is more often than not overshadowed by "Ice Age" megafauna, so I'd welcome any additions to the Aussie cast.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I might get this as a mate for my Safari...
That reminds me, I was gonna get last year's Mojo mammoth for the same reason!

Thialfi

SidB

Very nice piece. Any sense of when this might be released anywhere?

triceratops83

Looks like Mojo WILL be releasing Dinosaurs this year, of a sort. On Minizoo's Upcoming Mojo page are a few tubes of smaller figures, including a prehistoric life one.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/mojo-prehistoric-life-tube/

There are also a couple of Dinosaur Starter Sets, while there are no pictures of these as yet I'm assuming they're comprised of existing figures.

Starter Set "A" includes a Brachiosaurus, Young Tyrannosaurus and an Allosaurus.
Starter Set "B" includes a Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops and Parasaurolophus.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/mojo/mojo-2023/
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Flaffy

Looks to be repacks of existing stuff. Nothing interesting.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

triceratops83

SidB

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 29, 2023, 11:43:16 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 29, 2023, 05:16:15 PMAh, finally! Thanks, avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 .

You're welcome :)
Not only that, but I just ordered the long-awaited Wooly Rhino, thanks to your notification!

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on February 13, 2023, 04:42:55 PM
Should be interesting to see how this new figure fits in and coordinates with my existing collection of larger scale rhinos:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: