News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

My guesses:
1 seems to be transparent blue. So it is either a fantasy creature or a stand for an aquatic creature. Leaning towards the former, since it looks like it could be part of a wing. 
2 is a shark.
3 seems to have feathers.
4 is a snake
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

bmathison1972

the grey feathered thing could be a dinosaur, but would prefer it to be an African grey parrot

Gwangi

I would say that the snake pretty much confirms the leaked western diamond-back rattlesnake. But the rest certainly don't match with any of the "leaks".

Shane

Just wanted to give an update to folks here - Utahraptor, as well as the Incredible Creatures Tuatara, should be available on the Safari website very soon.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on July 26, 2023, 01:46:04 PMJust wanted to give an update to folks here - Utahraptor, as well as the Incredible Creatures Tuatara, should be available on the Safari website very soon.

Nice; I am slated to review the Utahraptor for the DTB! However, there won't be enough for me to buy the $25 minimum. Unless other stuff of interest comes out (already bought the owl and two TOOBs), I may have to wait for it to come to Happy Hen Toys.

BTW, I bought the owl and two TOOBs 5 days ago and no word that they've shipped yet. I am traveling for work, so haven't followed it closely, but that seems a long time.

Shane

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 26, 2023, 02:53:37 PMBTW, I bought the owl and two TOOBs 5 days ago and no word that they've shipped yet. I am traveling for work, so haven't followed it closely, but that seems a long time.

I looked into this and that order should ship out today. There has been some delays in processing due to increases in orders that is being worked on.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on July 26, 2023, 03:07:55 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 26, 2023, 02:53:37 PMBTW, I bought the owl and two TOOBs 5 days ago and no word that they've shipped yet. I am traveling for work, so haven't followed it closely, but that seems a long time.

I looked into this and that order should ship out today. There has been some delays in processing due to increases in orders that is being worked on.

oh wow, thank you S @Shane - that was very nice of you to look into it :).

Dinoxels

Utahraptor is in stock!
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Sim on July 19, 2023, 02:58:12 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 18, 2023, 01:30:10 AMI think Anzu and Citipati make up for Oviraptor and Caudipteryx but those can be still made in the future. Maiasaura and Plateosaurus are still missing and I don't remember more but I could be wrong.

Anyway is exciting and encouraging that there are still some prehistoric reveals in the near future.
I feel the same regarding the bolded part!  I think Citipati is a replacement for Oviraptor since it's impossible to know what Oviraptor actually looked like, while Citipati is a close relative with a known appearance.  However Caudipteryx is quite different to Anzu and Citipati so I don't think it has been replaced.  Caudipteryx would be a nice choice for a figure I think, it even has feathers preserved and known colouration.

Quote from: Faelrin on July 18, 2023, 01:36:40 AM-Beipiaosaurus (original is still good. Might be just the coloration that is outdated?)
The feathering of Beipiaosaurus should be thicker too I think, and it didn't have a tail fan.

Out of the Carnegie species that haven't been made for Wild Safari, the ones I'd most like Safari makes are Caudipteryx, Plateosaurus, Saltasaurus, Sinraptor (dongi), Scolosaurus (replacement for Euoplocephalus as nearly all of Euoplocephalus remains have been reclassified as Scolosaurus.  The Carnegie Euoplocephalus was based on Scolosaurus remains too.).

Beipiaosaurus definitely needs a re-do. The complete skull wasn't even known until 2009 and the image of the animal post-2009 is quite different than the generic "small therizinosaur" made by Carnegie.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Faelrin

Thanks for the info. Appears I was mistaken in more ways then one. I had no idea so much of it has since become dated. I probably should have done more research prior.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Lynx

The Safari Utahraptor is finally in stock! I don't have the money anymore to buy it, but its still exciting
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Safari is also having a 25% off sale that goes through the end of the day I believe. I usually like to get all my Safari figures at once but I decided to pull the trigger on the Majungasaurus and Utahraptor now.
The code is JULY25 for anyone who needs it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received the Utahraptor ,Leopard Gecko and Tuatara a few days ago. Pretty nice. Especially love the Gecko.  The Utahraptor I do think needs a wash to bring out some details but that's just me, it looks very birdlike as is.  The only real complaint for me is the teeth, the lower set came out great but the upper teeth don't match them? They all run together.   Overall it's a much weirder animal than I grew up with.

marisaura

Quote from: Carnoking on July 31, 2023, 02:59:17 PMSafari is also having a 25% off sale that goes through the end of the day I believe. I usually like to get all my Safari figures at once but I decided to pull the trigger on the Majungasaurus and Utahraptor now.
The code is JULY25 for anyone who needs it.

are you sure that's right? that code isn't working for me when i try to input it.

Carnoking

I suppose it may have already expired but it was still taking it when I posted that heads up.

Thialfi

Might that be a Thyreophoran of the Stegosaurian kind in the top left corner?

SpartanSquat

Looks like Kentrosaurus or Dacentrurus

Stegotyranno420

year of stegosaurs perhaps?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like it. I'm reminded of their old Kentrosaurus's tail.

Also a hamster butt and a mermaid? Kinda hope that one is one of those classic old map sea monsters..I'd buy that.

No clue on the..tentacles?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: