News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Spoiler
QuoteHERE WE GOOOO...our first reveal of 2023 is coming Friday, 1/27/2023!!!Here's a little sweet peek for you! Any thoughts on what the newest Safari Ltd. friend could be?

[close]

Majungasaurus

Utahraptor

Estemmenosuchus

Kentrosaurus

Stegouros

Baby Brachiosaurus

Therizinosaurus
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Stegotyranno420

Im going to guess majungasaurus

SpartanSquat

The snout is very majungasaurus

Lynx

I like this teaser system, let's see a possible list:
- High off the ground, around the size of that glass, unless the figure is being held. Thus the figure is very likely a large or medium dinosaur. Before anyone mentions a non-dinosaur reptile from the Permian/Triassic in response, the figure would be VERY big for any creature at that time.
- Sharp teeth, likely a theropod, sauropod (big maybe) or another large reptile.

Here is what it (likely) CAN'T be, but prove me wrong:
- Any hadrosaur, as it has no beak.
- Any ceratopsian
- Any Ankylosaur
- Anything with a small beak, really.
- Any Spinosaurid
- A mini

Here are my speculations:
- Majungasaurus
- Large Maniraptorian
- Torvo/Tarbosaurus
An oversized house cat.

Thialfi

Exciting, I also like the teasers, makes for some good conversation on here. My money is on an Abelisaur.

Lynx

Is Utahraptor possible or is the snout not boxy enough for that?
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Halichoeres

This is a completely off-the-wall guess and I'm probably wrong, but to me that most strongly resembles Daemonosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Primeval12

Quote from: Renecito on January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM
QuoteHERE WE GOOOO...our first reveal of 2023 is coming Friday, 1/27/2023!!!Here's a little sweet peek for you! Any thoughts on what the newest Safari Ltd. friend could be?

Ok, hear me out.....

Fembrogon

^LOL that would actually be a terrific reveal.

In all seriousness I'm also getting very strong abelisaur vibes. The 27th is going to be exciting!

suspsy

I'll never like these teasers, but at least Safari is telling us when the actual reveal will be, which won't be that long.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

Quote from: Primeval12 on January 23, 2023, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: Renecito on January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Ok, hear me out.....

Oh my GOD. The dream.

bmathison1972

if it's a Moschops, I am going to go through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 23, 2023, 03:52:25 PM^LOL that would actually be a terrific reveal.

In all seriousness I'm also getting very strong abelisaur vibes. The 27th is going to be exciting!

Oh yes, an abelisaur makes a lot of sense; I'll also be ecstatic with Majungasaurus

Chasmosaurus

The word oreo sounds a bit like ouranosaurus.
Or maybe it's for a modern animal.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Carnoking

Pachyrhinosaurus

Oreodont!

But really, I'm also thinking majungasaurus as it appears to have the nasal boss.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

Their last tweet kind of confirms it's Majungasaurus or at least a theropod, since they tweeted a meme about feeling smart with the tease and everyone guessing correctly and most guesses were Majungasaurus.

SpartanSquat

I really miss the old days when in the end of the year, all companies revealed all they got for this year. This way is not my cup of tea, maybe for PNSO works but not for safari. Im still waiting to get albertosaurus, cryolophosaurus and anaconda.
About majunga reveal, it was one of the creatures I wanted for my collection, there are not many majungas in the market and most abelisaurs looks similar, with exceptions like carnotaurus.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 23, 2023, 05:13:17 PMOreodont!

But really, I'm also thinking majungasaurus as it appears to have the nasal boss.

I think you got it. South Dakota is crawling with oreodont fossils. They are very common and a toy of them in the gift shop could be cool for some of those museums.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: