News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TNG Prehistoric Figures (Unending Tedium)

Started by Loon, January 28, 2023, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Renecito on February 04, 2023, 04:45:46 PMAnd I don't know where A @Andysdinosaurreviews got that information from but it would be nice if he could prove that it comes from a reliable source otherwise it sounds more like mere speculation to me (..)

..probably from the same source who sent free samples to be positively reviewed..  ;)

Sim

Seeing the PNSO Yutyrannus and TNG Cryolophosaurus next to each other highlights how the only thing the same about them is the pose, everything else differs.

I don't believe TNG digitally scanned models and then altered details, since all the detail is different it would be just as easy to sculpt a new figure from scratch - which I think is what they did.

I don't have a reason to doubt Andy's statement that the sculptor of the resin Elasmotherium and Megacerops is working for TNG.  That can be checked and is different to what happened with the Haolonggood Quetzalcoatlus where the info about their problem emerged.

Comparing these models and their inspiration there are just so many details they didn't have to change if they were plagiarising but which are different.  For one, the TNG Spinosaurus lacks teeth in the shallow part of its jaw while the PNSO has teeth there.  Why would they remove teeth if they were using PNSO's as a base?

SidB

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 04, 2023, 07:32:09 PM
Quote from: Renecito on February 04, 2023, 04:45:46 PMAnd I don't know where A @Andysdinosaurreviews got that information from but it would be nice if he could prove that it comes from a reliable source otherwise it sounds more like mere speculation to me (..)

..probably from the same source who sent free samples to be positively reviewed..  ;)

I love whenever I try to speak of something in a positive way or try to defend anything it's because I get "free samples". That is everyone's go to to try to excuse the fact that I'm allowed to voice my opinion. 99% of the things I review on my YouTube channel are paid for by me. Very rarely do I ever get anything free. The same can be said for these TNG models as I paid for each and every one of them with my own money so I am very much so allowed to State whatever I would like to State about them. People always claiming that I get free samples aggravates me because it couldn't be further from the truth. It's just easier to say "he said this because it's free" rather than accepting that someone can have an opinion that differs from yours.

Now onto the models, I've actually gone ahead and reached out to numerous different people including Musee themselves to get answers definitively. Once I get a response I'll let you all know. I'm trying to find out the name of the sculptor and some way to contact him directly as well but so far the only thing I've been told is his name is "Song". Sometimes speaking to people from China can be complicated when conversing because things don't always translate well so it's hard to understand at times.

Renecito

Quote from: Sim on February 04, 2023, 08:55:25 PMI don't have a reason to doubt Andy's statement that the sculptor of the resin Elasmotherium and Megacerops is working for TNG.  That can be checked and is different to what happened with the Haolonggood Quetzalcoatlus where the info about their problem emerged.

If allegedly the same Musee studios sculptor is working for TNG why didn't he make original sculpts which would be the most logical thing to do if he was hired to work for them, those are clearly just a copy of the ones commissioned and produced under the Musee Studios name. And with the Haolonggood case we learned that Musee is affected by that practice.

Quote from: AndysdinosaurreviewsNow onto the models, I've actually gone ahead and reached out to numerous different people including Musee themselves to get answers definitively. Once I get a response I'll let you all know.

Great, that's a reliable source let's hope they respond to you.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Sim

Because using existing molds is cheaper than creating new ones.  The sculptor is the owner of Musee so they wouldn't be harmed by making toy versions of their resin sculpts.  Not needing to sculpt the same animal again and instead re-using their sculpts makes sense in these circumstances.  Creating new sculpts isn't needed as great existing ones can be used, thus time and energy is saved.

Renecito

Quote from: Sim on February 04, 2023, 10:41:42 PMBecause using existing molds is cheaper than creating new ones.  The sculptor is the owner of Musee so they wouldn't be harmed by making toy versions of their resin sculpts.  Not needing to sculpt the same animal again and instead re-using their sculpts makes sense in these circumstances.  Creating new sculpts isn't needed as great existing ones can be used, thus time and energy is saved.

Andy said that he's trying to find out the name of the sculptor and some way to contact him directly as well but so far the only thing he's been told is his name is "Song"... he is also trying to contact Musee but it seems that you are already sure that the owner of Musee Studios is the sculptor who works for TNG, Great then I want to know what is your reliable source for that?

Sim

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood the question, I'm going to make another post.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Renecito on February 04, 2023, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: Sim on February 04, 2023, 10:41:42 PMBecause using existing molds is cheaper than creating new ones.  The sculptor is the owner of Musee so they wouldn't be harmed by making toy versions of their resin sculpts.  Not needing to sculpt the same animal again and instead re-using their sculpts makes sense in these circumstances.  Creating new sculpts isn't needed as great existing ones can be used, thus time and energy is saved.

Andy said that he's trying to find out the name of the sculptor and some way to contact him directly as well but so far the only thing he's been told is his name is "Song"... he is also trying to contact Musee but it seems that you are already sure that the owner of Musee Studios is the sculptor who works for TNG, Great then I want to know what is your reliable source for that?

I have been contacting many different people trying to find out as much info as possible on this. So far the only people I've actually received a response from about it is Lana Time Shop. They're in contact with TNG, Dinone, and Musee obviously so they can stock their models and they told me the original Sculptor of those models, named "Song" is working directly with TNG and that's why they're able to release them. I've also acquired contact info for TNG themselves so I'll be messaging them directly as well to try to get some information.

Sim

I meant that the sculptor of the resin Elasmotherium and Megacerops is the owner of Musee.  I said that because you claimed those sculpts were commissioned.  And it also differntiates this case from the Haolonggood one since Musee would be the one releasing the sculpts again.

Thialfi

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on February 04, 2023, 11:47:31 PM

I have been contacting many different people trying to find out as much info as possible on this. So far the only people I've actually received a response from about it is Lana Time Shop. They're in contact with TNG, Dinone, and Musee obviously so they can stock their models and they told me the original Sculptor of those models, named "Song" is working directly with TNG and that's why they're able to release them. I've also acquired contact info for TNG themselves so I'll be messaging them directly as well to try to get some information.

Lana Time Shop has removed the TNG brand from their website altogether, which feels like a red flag?

Stegotyranno420

Sir, I don't want to be rude, but your comment is a prime example of the double standard between DTB reviewers and YT reviewers. I am sure this probably won't have been said of the reviewers at the DTB. If there is one thing anyone should recognize about A @Andysdinosaurreviews , is that he is hardworking and dedicated to both this hobby and his life in general. Just because he is usually positive and not a constant nitpicky kill-joy does not reduce his merit. He is a honest man. Sure he does do sponsors, but that is everynow and then, and he invariably tries to make sure his sponsors are ethical(look at the whole thing with Edel collectibles) Maybe you are joking, and I apologize sincerely for that, but as of recent, many things that look like jokes are for real.

Renecito

Quote from: AndysdinosaurreviewsI have been contacting many different people trying to find out as much info as possible on this. So far the only people I've actually received a response from about it is Lana Time Shop. They're in contact with TNG, Dinone, and Musee obviously so they can stock their models and they told me the original Sculptor of those models, named "Song" is working directly with TNG and that's why they're able to release them. I've also acquired contact info for TNG themselves so I'll be messaging them directly as well to try to get some information.

Lana Time Shop are re-sellers and they don't care much about selling the original and the knockoff version of the same, they seem to go after the money, I personally prefer to wait till you get an official response from Musee.

Quote from: SimI meant that the sculptor of the resin Elasmotherium and Megacerops is the owner of Musee.  I said that because you claimed those sculpts were commissioned.  And it also differntiates this case from the Haolonggood one since Musee would be the one releasing the sculpts again.

That's not what I asked... and I said commissioned because Andy said that he was told that the sculptor of those mammals is someone named "Song" and I knew that the sculptor who owns the Musee brand is a famous paleoartist named "Mu Xi", before Musee Studio it was Muxi Studio. I don't know maybe it's the same person and "Mu xi Song" is his full name.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 05, 2023, 03:00:41 AM

Sir, I don't want to be rude, but your comment is a prime example of the double standard between DTB reviewers and YT reviewers. I am sure this probably won't have been said of the reviewers at the DTB. If there is one thing anyone should recognize about A @Andysdinosaurreviews , is that he is hardworking and dedicated to both this hobby and his life in general. Just because he is usually positive and not a constant nitpicky kill-joy does not reduce his merit. He is a honest man. Sure he does do sponsors, but that is everynow and then, and he invariably tries to make sure his sponsors are ethical(look at the whole thing with Edel collectibles) Maybe you are joking, and I apologize sincerely for that, but as of recent, many things that look like jokes are for real.

Thank you my friend. Very well said and i agree completely. There really is a double standard around here which I noticed long ago. One of the reasons I usually don't visit here very often.

Although I have received a few things over the years for free, and it wasn't many in the grand scheme of things, trust me. I've never given anyone a positive review just because I acquired "free samples" or because I like them or anything like that. I give my honest opinion in every review regardless of who it is for. If I didn't, there is no reason for me to "review" anything and I'd be just showcasing items. That's not how I work. I am however an overly positive person and I am a massive fan of anything Prehistoric so it doesn't take much to make me happy. Most collectors nowadays just seem overly picky for no reason and love to nitpick about everything. I will always point out any negative regardless and it doesn't matter who the review is for. However I'd say about 99% of what I review is purchased by me so stating I give positive reviews for "free samples" is incredibly untrue and just downright ignorant. If you're joking about that I do apologize but it certainly didn't come off as a joke.

RobinGoodfellow

DTB and Youtube are totally different things.
DTB is a free channel for collectors.
Youtube is not.
When a Youtube channel reach a certain number of followers, a Youtuber can contact Youtube for a Partnership Program with AdSense.
From now on, the channel owner will be paid for every view on the channel by Adsense.
More traffic on the channel means more money.
It's a job.
That's why there are so many reviewers (about everything) on Youtube.
If a Youtube channel does not have enough followers yet, for sure the goal is to reach the number by channel' traffic and views.
And even without a Partnership Program, sponsors are crucial for Youtubers.
For example, it's quite common that a Youtuber can review an item even before its official release on the market ( = more views )
Usually a review before the official release on the market means that there is a sponsor behind.
More (happy) sponsors = more items = more visualizations etc etc..
So, please, let's be realistic.
Kind Regards.

p.s. On LanatimeShop I don't see TNG items anymore. They removed the brand. Curious..

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  : with, at least, one new review per day, do you really believe that no sponsors are involved ?  To have a sponsor is not a crime but I'd appreciate a claim saying something like "free item by (whatever) sponsor", just for transparency..

A @Andysdinosaurreviews  : When I was a child, I believed that Santa Claus was real; now I think differently.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 05, 2023, 07:26:03 AM

DTB and Youtube are totally different things.
DTB is a free channel for collectors.
Youtube is not.
When a Youtube channel reach a certain number of followers, a Youtuber can contact Youtube for a Partnership Program with AdSense.
From now on, the channel owner will be paid for every view on the channel by Adsense.
More traffic on the channel means more money.
It's a job.
That's why there are so many reviewers (about everything) on Youtube.
If a Youtube channel does not have enough followers yet, for sure the goal is to reach the number by channel' traffic and views.
And even without a Partnership Program, sponsors are crucial for Youtubers.
For example, it's quite common that a Youtuber can review an item even before its official release on the market ( = more views )
Usually a review before the official release on the market means that there is a sponsor behind.
More (happy) sponsors = more items = more visualizations etc etc..
So, please, let's be realistic.
Kind Regards.

p.s. On LanatimeShop I don't see TNG items anymore. They removed the brand. Curious..

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  : with, at least, one new review per day, do you really believe that no sponsors are involved ?  To have a sponsor is not a crime but I'd appreciate a claim saying something like "free item by (whatever) sponsor", just for transparency..

A @Andysdinosaurreviews  : When I was a child, I believed that Santa Claus was real; now I think differently.

You obviously think you know it all but clearly you don't. "With at least one new review per day do you really believe no sponsors are involved?" I literally just mentioned I have received some things for free in the past, mainly Collecta items, Safari Ltd, A very small amount of Mattel and once in a great while some Toymonster International. So on a good year that equals out to maybe 20 videos that are "sponsored" and that's me being generous. The other 345 days of the year the reviews are paid for by ME! I love to you seem to be so sure of how my life operates. Boy, my wallet will be very happy to find out I get so much free stuff.

As far as me being paid for Youtube, that's correct. I do. Very very little. That tiny amount of money I make per month is dramatically less than most people make per week in their paycheck and all it does is help me to purchase more models to review. I don't benefit from my YouTube channel at all other than it being fun, helping others, and getting to converse with some great people in the comments section. For the ridiculous amount of time and work I put into it I really wish I did make enough money to consider it a job but that's not going to happen.

What it comes down to is you're wrong and can't handle admitting it. The end. I'm done responding to such immaturity and ignorance. This is a thread about TNG models and not a game of "How wrong can he be?" So I'm done with this conversation.

Andysdinosaurreviews

So now back to the topic at hand. I've received a response from Musee Studio that proves what both Sim and I have been saying all along. Here is the response.

"Hello, Andy

Our studio mainly focuses on the scientific restoration of paleontology and dinosaurs. The studio was founded by three archeologists, one of whom moved to another company two years ago. They are mainly engaged in PVC plastic toy products. Later, they established the TNG brand. That company has also cooperated with us before. The prototype engineer brought several products from us, including (Elasmotherium) (Bronotheriidae), etc. They mainly make PVC for mass production of plastic. We mainly make resin statues. The number of our statues is limited, generally around 100 sets. They will not be made after the sale. TNG's products are aimed at children and low-end players. Our products are aimed at high-end players and collectors."

So there we have it. Official confirmation that the models are released by the original sculptor from Musee and by the sounds of it, we may get lucky and see similar models in the future if they continue to work together!

ceratopsian

Thank you for pursuing this, A @Andysdinosaurreviews, and eliciting a clear response from Musee Studio.  That is welcome news.

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on February 05, 2023, 02:28:14 PMSo now back to the topic at hand. I've received a response from Musee Studio that proves what both Sim and I have been saying all along. Here is the response.

"Hello, Andy

Our studio mainly focuses on the scientific restoration of paleontology and dinosaurs. The studio was founded by three archeologists, one of whom moved to another company two years ago. They are mainly engaged in PVC plastic toy products. Later, they established the TNG brand. That company has also cooperated with us before. The prototype engineer brought several products from us, including (Elasmotherium) (Bronotheriidae), etc. They mainly make PVC for mass production of plastic. We mainly make resin statues. The number of our statues is limited, generally around 100 sets. They will not be made after the sale. TNG's products are aimed at children and low-end players. Our products are aimed at high-end players and collectors."

So there we have it. Official confirmation that the models are released by the original sculptor from Musee and by the sounds of it, we may get lucky and see similar models in the future if they continue to work together!

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 05, 2023, 03:52:59 PMThank you for pursuing this, A @Andysdinosaurreviews, and eliciting a clear response from Musee Studio.  That is welcome news.

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on February 05, 2023, 02:28:14 PMSo now back to the topic at hand. I've received a response from Musee Studio that proves what both Sim and I have been saying all along. Here is the response.

"Hello, Andy

You're very welcome! I'm just happy to put the confusion to bed so we can now all enjoy a new company!

Flaffy

Thanks for the research A @Andysdinosaurreviews ! Definitely clears things up regarding this new brand. In light of this new information, as the artists have given permission to use their sculpts, I must retract my statements regarding this company (at least for the mammals, the dinosaurs still strike me as incredibly lazy).

However, I feel that it's equally important to recognise that TNG is the exception rather than the norm. Seen way too many cases of artists having their sculpts perverted and stolen for mass production, and doesn't help that the retailer Lanatime-shop also regularly sells knockoffs/ripoffs/bootlegs of our favorite sculpts.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: