News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on July 11, 2023, 07:00:51 AMHey guys, sorry for the interruption but I was planning on taking advantage of AliExpress' sale by buying one or two figures alongside Haolonggood's Pentaceratops and I would like some advice please, as I'm a newbie down here. My collection is more Ornithischian-oriented, so here are my options:
Corythosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Olorotitan
Pinacosaurus
Styracosaurus
Therizinosarus
Spinosaurus (but I'd rather wait for Rebor's DIO)
I'm a bit on a budget right now, so any >40 usd figure is out of reach.
Thanks in advance  :)

In my personal opinion, the Pinacosaurus is the best on the list. Got mine recently and the paint job is better than others may imply. Personally, I think it's some of the best from PNSO. Tons of detail crammed in, good size for the animal, and just overall a very cute little figure.

I also own the Spinosaurus, it's pretty small (around the same size of the Pinacosaurus though taller). Paint job is alright, but if you care for accuracy it has its many flaws, + there's often scuffs on the figure thanks to the pointier bits/the amount of things that rub on the ground

Further, the Pinacosaurus goes well with BOTM's tiny Velociraptor and Protoceratops
An oversized house cat.

KeU

Can anyone help post pictures from Baidu?
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8500113186
Someone posted some incredible pictures of a PNSO exhibition.

Bread

Quote from: KeU on July 11, 2023, 09:11:26 PMCan anyone help post pictures from Baidu?
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8500113186
Someone posted some incredible pictures of a PNSO exhibition.
Will do ;D

Some are mini models like this one.

Or the Yangchuanosaurus diorama below.

And oh look it is the Edmontonia from a while back!

Huh? Looks familiar  ;)

Don't get too excited. These aren't figure/species reveals to be made soon. They're photos from a few users who posted the PNSO exhibit.

Thank you avatar_KeU @KeU for the link and announcement!

stargatedalek

PNSO makes consistently some of the best non-dinosaur figures on the market. And their Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus are also quite great.

Halichoeres

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on July 11, 2023, 07:00:51 AMHey guys, sorry for the interruption but I was planning on taking advantage of AliExpress' sale by buying one or two figures alongside Haolonggood's Pentaceratops and I would like some advice please, as I'm a newbie down here. My collection is more Ornithischian-oriented, so here are my options:
Corythosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Olorotitan
Pinacosaurus
Styracosaurus
Therizinosarus
Spinosaurus (but I'd rather wait for Rebor's DIO)
I'm a bit on a budget right now, so any >40 usd figure is out of reach.
Thanks in advance  :)
I own all of those except the Spinosaurus, I'm very happy with all of them. The Corythosaurus is made to a larger scale than the rest, which might matter if you're looking for consistency. It scales well with the Haolonggood Pentaceratops, however. Anyway, of your list, I'd probably go with Corythosaurus and Pinacosaurus, although my favorite PNSO figures are probably Helicoprion and Atopodentatus.

Thanks for sharing those photos, KeU and Lynx. This diorama makes me somewhat wistful, I wish PNSO would make some figures of animals like these:

Or Luoxiongichthys:

I also saw this photo of a little cutesy Guanlingsaurus, but I can't glean any information from the context:

It doesn't look like a PNSO product, but who knows, maybe they're branching out. The package suggests there might be some kind of snake also available.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Most likely to be Dinocephalosaurus rather than a snake. The figure is a museum exclusive according to the package at least.

Wish PNSO would release figures of these, infinitely more interesting than theropod #2000. That being said it's a shame PNSO tends to monster-fy their figure sculpts too compared to the exhibition resin models. See the snaggle-toothed Himmalayasaurus, or the bobbleheaded Atopodentatus. The original resin sculpts just look so much more naturalistic.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 12, 2023, 12:00:11 AMPNSO makes consistently some of the best non-dinosaur figures on the market. And their Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus are also quite great.
Shame they don't seem to give attention to too much of the non dinosaurs at the moment. Their Atopodentatus was one of their best.

oscars_dinos

so is the Edmontonia not going to be a figure? this seems like a paint master of a figure to come

Skorpio V.

Quote from: imnewhere on July 12, 2023, 04:15:45 AMso is the Edmontonia not going to be a figure? this seems like a paint master of a figure to come

I wouldn't hold my breath for it since that model (+ that Xenoceratops, Albertosaurus(?), and other feathered theropods) seems like it was sculpted by the same team that worked on the Spinops model. Given the difference in sculpting style and length of time it has been since the Spinops had its mainstream release, they're probably not releasing any more models from that era of sculptors. Then again, they could pull a 180. Y'never know.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

SRF

The models in these photos are quite old I believe. Once in a while photos of them resurface, maybe they are exhibited multiple times, but there's nothing new to see here I think.
But today, I'm just being father

thomasw100

Some possible hint about a future release?

The Scientific Reconstruction of Albertosaurus Preying on Arrhinoceratops:

TlatolophusJuanorum

Thanks to everyone! I took some time on deciding from your kind suggestions and ended up deciding on ordering Pinacosaurus alongside Deinocheirus. Using coupons and coins was ~60 USD plus shipping for both of them. It was decisive for me the BOTM's 1/18th Velociraptor, Psittacosaurus and Protoceratops escalation as avatar_Lynx @Lynx said, since I'm planning on buying those models later on. On the other side, the superb sculpting detail in Deinocheirus as T @thomasw100 suggested plus all the savings make it more affordable to buy.

Thanks also to avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  and avatar_marisaura @marisaura. Maybe I'll catch up later on with Ivan and Caroline. ;D
P.S. PNSO really excels on their exhibitions, the photos look amazing! Those should be a must on visiting at least once in a life hehe

ceratopsian

Both excellent choices avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum. I'm sure you'll be pleased with them.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on July 12, 2023, 12:32:40 AMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Most likely to be Dinocephalosaurus rather than a snake. The figure is a museum exclusive according to the package at least.

Wish PNSO would release figures of these, infinitely more interesting than theropod #2000. That being said it's a shame PNSO tends to monster-fy their figure sculpts too compared to the exhibition resin models. See the snaggle-toothed Himmalayasaurus, or the bobbleheaded Atopodentatus. The original resin sculpts just look so much more naturalistic.

Aha, thank you! Dinocephalosaurus makes more sense, and if that exists, I'd like to get my hands on one. And yeah, I wish PNSO were a little more faithful to the originals, but I'll take a slightly monster-y version over nothing at all like we're getting these days...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Over9K

Back in the box she goes, ready to embark on her adventure to Bravo Models. Lips are just the beginning with this one. I figure, if I'm going through the effort and cost to ship it there and back for lips, may as well have Cameron turned into my personal vision of what a Tyrannosaurus rex looked like in life.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on July 13, 2023, 08:15:36 AMBack in the box she goes, ready to embark on her adventure to Bravo Models. Lips are just the beginning with this one. I figure, if I'm going through the effort and cost to ship it there and back for lips, may as well have Cameron turned into my personal vision of what a Tyrannosaurus rex looked like in life.

Congratulations Over9k! Can't wait to see it, and I am sorry for asking, and you don't need to answer, but are you going for a complete repaint or simple just add lips and original colorscheme?

I am hoping to have the PNSO Albertosaurus done by him too. So our models may cross paths.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on July 13, 2023, 08:15:36 AMBack in the box she goes, ready to embark on her adventure to Bravo Models. Lips are just the beginning with this one. I figure, if I'm going through the effort and cost to ship it there and back for lips, may as well have Cameron turned into my personal vision of what a Tyrannosaurus rex looked like in life.

Definitely a good move , avatar_Over9K @Over9K . Cameron's got the raw material to become the ultimate rex. I may make the same move myself eventually, with my own Cameron figure.

spinosaurus1

i'm in the process of doing the same along with a repaint. I'm going to dinosaur model arts on Instagram for the commission. currently in the process of making some concept skins for the model

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on July 13, 2023, 02:43:32 PMi'm currently in the process of doing the same along with a repaint. I'm going to dinosaur model arts on Instagram for the commission. currently in the process of making some concept skins for the model

Wow, quite intricate coloration and scales. With some shading and lighting this would pop out well.
Do you have a place where I can view more of your paintings

SenSx

I'm actually condidering doing that for some of my models, and eventually pnso Cameron rex.
Rebor's Kiss just can't have its mouth closed properly, and I'm tired of waiting for the eofauna rex and giga

I'll have to choose between bravo model and dinosaur model art for that.
No complete repaint, just lips.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: