News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 19, 2023, 04:48:31 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 19, 2023, 03:41:10 PMUnfortunately to me it looks like the Spinosaurus is about the same size as PNSO's latest version.  It looks good, but if PNSO releases a new Spinosaurus I hope it will be in 1:35 scale for and adult.
Definitely not, if you look in one of the images the bottom of its head manages to clear the Mapusaurus, Dino screen review's Mapusaurus video has a comparison with Essien and the current is definitely smaller. While it may not be 100% 1:35, it's definitely much bigger than the last version.
Looking at the image, I also want to add that it's entirely possible that the Spinosaurus is on a slightly higher level. This is a very rough eyeballing estimate, but here are some rough minimum and maximum sizes for each. Smallest is determined by looking at the headsize and the rough size compared to the dunkelosteus. Maximum is determined by assuming that Essien and the Mapusaurus are on equal footing.
Don't expect this to be super accurate but it works well enough with what we have right now.
* (It's locked.)

Carnoking

Rehomed this Cameron from eBay. Glad I didn't have to keep holding out for this one, he is quite the looker!

And that (hopefully) completes the PNSO Tyrannosaur offerings. You know, until they re-release all of these with lips. :-*

And as always, I've got comparisons.

With Tristan the Gorgosaurus

Spoiler

[close]

Wally the Albertosaurus

Spoiler

[close]

Cole the Daspletosaurus

Spoiler

[close]

Keynes the Lythronax

Spoiler

[close]

Luxiong the Zuchengtyrannus
Spoiler

[close]

Chuanzi the Tarbosaurus

Spoiler

[close]

Yinqi the Yutyrannus

Spoiler

[close]

A-Shu the Qianzhousaurus

Spoiler

[close]

Logan the (REDACTED)

Spoiler

[close]

And of course, Wilson. Whereas Cameron is the obvious winner between the two, I still think some areas of paint (i.e. the teeth and cranial ornamentation) are still more carefully handled on ol' Wilson.

Spoiler

[close]

Every King needs an heir

Spoiler

[close]

Andrea is still locked in storage limbo somewhere, but you still get the idea. Gotta say, I for one love having all these guys. They all have a distinct attitude and appearance, and I love seeing the morphological differences highlighted in model form!

Carnoking

But of course, being T. rex, there are plenty more comparisons to make!

With REBOR's Kiss

Spoiler

[close]

Alongside the BotM offering

Spoiler

[close]

And with Safari's Fluffy Friend

Spoiler

[close]

Pop Culture meets Real World

Spoiler

[close]

And here's Cameron with the best Rex to ever grace my shelves.

Spoiler

[close]

Here he is with some Hell Creek Friends

Spoiler

Doyle the Triceratops

Looks like he's already causing some trouble.

Aubrey wasn't quite as watchful of Dabei

Friendly reminder that Edmontosaurus was no pushover when compared to T. rex.

[close]

And just a random trio of other unrelated PNSO figures for size reference ;)

What's not to love about this figure? Sure, PNSO will inevitably release a lipped rex probably by this time next year, but for what it's worth, Cameron still stands as an awesome representation of this chapter in PNSO's history.

Also, gotta love the inclusion of that crushed Sue skull. Having seen a replica of this skull in person, this little piece makes me feel like I have a connection to that important find.

And it makes a great compliment to the DeClay studio piece!  ;D

SenSx

Just got my Saurophaganax, but I'm a bit disapointed as the mouth does not fully close as on Dinodragon review sadly :(
I wonder if customers will have to rely on luck to get one with a mouth that does not stay partially open..

Blade-of-the-Moon

To me this look is perfectly acceptable, they could just be breathing harder?

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 22, 2023, 05:31:07 PMTo me this look is perfectly acceptable, they could just be breathing harder?

I know but I'm very demanding on that.
I have a couple of figure to send to dinosaur_models_artworks to add lips anyway, and he answered me he can probably improve this on the Saurophaganax, lets see...

postsaurischian

Quote from: SenSx on October 22, 2023, 12:04:33 PMJust got my Saurophaganax, but I'm a bit disapointed as the mouth does not fully close as on Dinodragon review sadly :(
I wonder if customers will have to rely on luck to get one with a mouth that does not stay partially open..

This is how mine has arrived today:

SenSx

Yours is definitely better, I was unlucky  :-\ ...

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SenSx on October 24, 2023, 04:09:31 PMYours is definitely better, I was unlucky  :-\ ...

U could Order another one, Look If ITS better, then free Return the worse one, i did IT for the GIGA
( Mine Had No Lines drawn)

SenSx

I bought it with Lanatimeshop, do they really accept to return open products ?
I don't think they would consider my model as defective...
I looked at the one they show on their social medias, and it has the same issue, same as the one on Andydinosaur reviews...
It means some figures are like that, how many of them would I have to buy before getting one that is  correct ?

Over9K

You could try a rubber band around the snout. I had to do that for my REBOR Kiss to get that mouth to shut all the way, and stay shut.

Ironically, I had to do the opposite to REBOR's Tusk, to get that mouth open all the way, I propped it open for 6 months with a q-tip. In the end, I used some BluTac in the articulation mechanics, to hold it open.

Point is, with some heat, and a rubber band, you might get Donald's mouth shut tight.

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on October 24, 2023, 07:50:14 PMavatar_SenSx @SenSx

You could try a rubber band around the snout. I had to do that for my REBOR Kiss to get that mouth to shut all the way, and stay shut.

Ironically, I had to do the opposite to REBOR's Tusk, to get that mouth open all the way, I propped it open for 6 months with a q-tip. In the end, I used some BluTac in the articulation mechanics, to hold it open.

Point is, with some heat, and a rubber band, you might get Donald's mouth shut tight.

Yes I was thinking of doing the same for my Rebor Velociraptor that has the same issue.
Need to find a discreet rubber.
Well thanks for all your suggestions, I'll see about that.

Renecito

Cayden the Zuul

Dapeng el Yangchuanosaurus magnus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Tracewyrm!

Looks like PNSO is giving us a Yangchuanosaurus magnus! So, if anyone was upset about them basing their figure on what may be a subadult specimen, here is a more deep skulled alternative. Meet Dapeng!

..and in a double release, here is their Zuul! The first non-theropod in a long, long time!
* (It's locked.)

SRF

Great that PNSO finally released something that isn't a theropod!
But today, I'm just being father

ceratopsian

I nearly fainted with shock, especially as I'd just seen the handsome Yangchuanosaurus photos!  :)  Seriously, it's excellent to have some variety, excellent though PNSO's theropods are - even if I already have a couple of Zuuls.

Quote from: SRF on October 25, 2023, 01:38:36 PMGreat that PNSO finally released something that isn't a theropod!

thomasw100

Really good news from PNSO. Finally a herbivore. First day purchase for me. And good as well for the theropod fans that lips seem to be here to stay. Looks like PNSO has learned from Haolonggood that making double releases with a herbivore and a carnivore is a good strategy after all. In doing so, you please the entire community of dinosaur model collectors.

Quiversaurus

Double release! That Yangchuanosaurus looks like an absolute unit wow.

And a Zuul! Very interesting colour (reminiscent of HLG Edmontonia). Theropod streak b-b-broken!

Edit: That's actually a very handsome Zuul. The pose is very pleasing to the eye.

Also, Dapeng's lips and teeth look slightly better compared to the Saurophaganax's. Might just be me though.

Shane

Love a good ankylosaur. Any idea on when this might be available to order?

Carnoking

There is no theropod, only Zuuuuul!

Great Halloween release in my opinion ;)

Both are looking great, although I'm a little annoyed that I picked up the first Yangchuanosaurus now! Grrrrr!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: