News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

That spinosaurus looks intriguing. I was hoping for the Mesozoic life one, and while I am happy with the papo, something a bit more accurate could be pleaseing.

But more excited for sauropods.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'm absolutely loving the more bipedal posture and swan like neck

Lynx

I like the new Spinosaurus! Not a fan of the thin neck but that boils down to preference
An oversized house cat.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Lynx on October 18, 2023, 07:24:30 PMI like the new Spinosaurus! Not a fan of the thin neck but that boils down to preference
Realized I should clarify I meant the swan like posture of the neck, not the neck itself. From what I can tell it's actually rather thick.

Lynx

Looked back at the picture, the bottom of the neck blended with the computer screen at first and I didn't even notice it was that thick  :D
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 18, 2023, 06:12:32 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on October 18, 2023, 06:04:05 PMI hope they release that Edmontosaurus indeed. And hopefully the sauropod beneath the Brachiosaurus is an Apatosaurus.
Unfortunately I doubt it, as the neck simply doesn't seem thick enough, apato was an absolute unit.

Then what about this?

That's squared off, like an apatosaurine snout.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Concavenator on October 18, 2023, 09:55:29 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on October 18, 2023, 06:04:05 PMI hope they release that Edmontosaurus indeed. And hopefully the sauropod beneath the Brachiosaurus is an Apatosaurus.
Unfortunately I doubt it, as the neck simply doesn't seem thick enough, apato was an absolute unit.

Then what about this?

To me that looks like a rock formation, possibly part of the pterosaur model.

Halichoeres

I'm not sure I'd read too much into the workshop clutter. I'll be surprised if all these sculpts end up becoming figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 18, 2023, 10:16:47 PM

Then what about this?

Looks like King Kong's forehead to me. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 18, 2023, 10:51:38 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 18, 2023, 10:16:47 PM

Then what about this?

Looks like King Kong's forehead to me. 
Oh you're totally right lmao, how'd I miss that!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2023, 10:43:43 PMI'm not sure I'd read too much into the workshop clutter. I'll be surprised if all these sculpts end up becoming figures.
Fair, but I think we can for sure count on at least the spino given that it's already been painted and is alongside a bunch of already released figures.

Cenozoic Fauna

The new spino will be cool to see from pnso, also pterosaurs would be really awesome to see as well.

Concavenator

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 18, 2023, 10:51:38 PMLooks like King Kong's forehead to me.

Yeah, looking at it again what I thought was the snout looks to be eyebrows. Well, if the sauropod beneath the Brachiosaurus is a Diplodocus then it'll be a pass for me, as I already have Eofauna's. Still, hopefully they'll make an Apatosaurus at some point as well, that would be great. Since they're now representing their theropods with lips I hope they will be giving their sauropods beaks/lips too.

Sim

PNSO has been giving their sauropods beaks...

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on October 19, 2023, 01:33:00 PMPNSO has been giving their sauropods beaks...

What I meant to say is that I hope PNSO will no longer represent their sauropods with exposed teeth.

Bread

These work stations and small assortments have always been pretty interesting to me. I love seeing these non painted or unreleased figures/models.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 18, 2023, 11:31:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2023, 10:43:43 PMI'm not sure I'd read too much into the workshop clutter. I'll be surprised if all these sculpts end up becoming figures.
Fair, but I think we can for sure count on at least the spino given that it's already been painted and is alongside a bunch of already released figures.
I've been wanting a new Essien for a good while now and this figure looks very promising! Though, I must ask some of the folks who know a little more about Spinosaurus here. How are we feeling about the scale? Is this a similar situation to last time, where they're using a smaller estimate or is this closer to a more typical specimen?
I'm asking because it's kind of tough to eyeball the size with the pictures given.
* (It's locked.)

Sim

Unfortunately to me it looks like the Spinosaurus is about the same size as PNSO's latest version.  It looks good, but if PNSO releases a new Spinosaurus I hope it will be in 1:35 scale for and adult.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Sim on October 19, 2023, 03:41:10 PMUnfortunately to me it looks like the Spinosaurus is about the same size as PNSO's latest version.  It looks good, but if PNSO releases a new Spinosaurus I hope it will be in 1:35 scale for and adult.
Definitely not, if you look in one of the images the bottom of its head manages to clear the Mapusaurus, Dino screen review's Mapusaurus video has a comparison with Essien and the current is definitely smaller. While it may not be 100% 1:35, it's definitely much bigger than the last version.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Looking back at the image it's even bigger than I remembered, it's most definitely 1:35 scale (the image in question is the one where ZHAO Chuang is working on the Rex sculpt.)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: