You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

life-size Anchiornis Huxleyi + 7 more (coming soon)

Started by CSnow, March 31, 2023, 12:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSnow

hey all!

We have an collection of 3d models (if you have a 3d printer or someone close to you who can print) and figures releasing of life size dinosaurs

here is an image of the Anch. Huxley https://imgur.com/a/PrNfAaz

if you are interested you can sign up to our pre-launch page:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limelightminiatures/lifesize-1-1-dinosaur-prints-stl-models-to-print-at-home

and always feel free to ask any questions!

we are based in the UK so depending on time zone wise, may respond in morning. but always keen to hear any feedback

Halichoeres

C @CSnow I hope it's okay if I share this photo here:

A Falcatus model to be included in this campaign

Might be of interest to avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono and avatar_SBell @SBell as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 03, 2023, 11:49:32 PMC @CSnow I hope it's okay if I share this photo here:

Might be of interest to avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono and avatar_SBell @SBell as well.

I will be watching... don't know if I need 1:1 but still...

BlueKrono

Oh I'm definitely interested in a couple of these. I'd just like to know when the KS launches.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SBell

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 04, 2023, 02:56:57 AMOh I'm definitely interested in a couple of these. I'd just like to know when the KS launches.

I already signed up for notification!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on May 04, 2023, 12:24:39 AMI will be watching... don't know if I need 1:1 but still...

Well, you could pledge for the STL files and print it 1:2 or 1:3. I have a 1:1 Falcatus by Artificial Animals and it's large, but not insanely so. It's the size of a squirrel, although its base has a big footprint.

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 04, 2023, 02:56:57 AMOh I'm definitely interested in a couple of these. I'd just like to know when the KS launches.

Yeah, I don't think they've said. But I also signed up for the alert.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

BlueKrono

My KS is messed up. I have two, one connected to my real email and one connected to... I'm not sure? Some random email. I've talked to customer service about it and they said to correlate them it would delete all the things I've backed on one of them. So I can't get the notification, but I trust it might be discussed here once it goes live. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Well now that there's a fish involved I'll be sure to post about it when it's live!

CSnow

CSnow

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  if there is a better place to post about it just let me know. or I can just stick it to this thread no probs :)

CSnow

Quote from: SBell on May 04, 2023, 12:24:39 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 03, 2023, 11:49:32 PMC @CSnow I hope it's okay if I share this photo here:

I will be watching... don't know if I need 1:1 but still...

there are 90mm versions of everything as well in case that helps haha, if you need dimensions of bases etc let me know.

SBell

I already saw that.

I appreciate that there are smaller model versions!

Halichoeres

Pledged for the 120mm Falcatus. I pledged for the STL files too in case I want to play around with them at some point. The design co-op I'm in has a few 3d printers.

Here's a shot of the smaller models from the Kickstarter page:

The Cartorhynchus is pretty tempting too; I don't usually buy prints of sauropsids, but the odds of a toy company making that one in particular seem slim.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2023, 04:04:18 AMPledged for the 120mm Falcatus. I pledged for the STL files too in case I want to play around with them at some point. The design co-op I'm in has a few 3d printers.

Here's a shot of the smaller models from the Kickstarter page:

The Cartorhynchus is pretty tempting too; I don't usually buy prints of sauropsids, but the odds of a toy company making that one in particular seem slim.

I'm tempted for the exact same ones. Just need to watch my budget and see if I can line it up...

SBell

I went for the STL files. Hopefully I can gain access to a good enough printer, but at least I'll be able to try multiple times!

Halichoeres

Made it over the finish line! I just filled out my survey, ordered one physical model. Probably should have gotten the files too. avatar_SBell @SBell don't you work at a university? They almost certainly have printers you can use.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 08, 2023, 01:41:34 AMMade it over the finish line! I just filled out my survey, ordered one physical model. Probably should have gotten the files too. avatar_SBell @SBell don't you work at a university? They almost certainly have printers you can use.

They do, although they aren't very high resolution.

But it would be a good first draft to play with painting.

Not sure when I'll see the files though.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.